Search results

1. A

G9000 Help please

Hi everyone, I just wish my problem was this simple. my G9000 has been performing fine all these times until last night it stopped producing sound in the middle of listening to KCSM radio station. It was playing gently on a low volume so I believe I did not damage the output transistors/power...
  2. A

Mcintosh C29 Preamp, new owner

Hello everyone, since the subject of this thread is about the C29 preamp, and I always have this puzzle in my head about my unit, I thought to ask (perhaps again) if anyone has experienced the same as mine regarding the behavior of the variable loudness. My preamp variable loudness gradually...
  3. A

MR77 38kHz RF Transformer replacement

Almost 6 years ago I put away some of my “extra” Mc audio gears in storage. Fast forward, this week I took my MAC 4100 out of storage (with one missing pre/main jumper) on the Labor Day holiday along with the MR77 which has a broken MPX 19KHz transformer. The receiver and the tuner both sound...
  4. A

Mac 4100 pre-out/main jumper wanted

Got it. Thanks!
  5. A

Hi Jlovda, thanks again for providing the diameter of the pre/main jumper insert; that's super helpful. I do appreciate it :)
  6. A

Wow! Thanks, very much for the quick reply to my post. So solid copper wire is all I need. And since I have one of the two jumpers, I will match the gauges at the store. And by the way, any chance to know where I possibly can find one with the same OE material?
  7. A

Hello everyone! Hope this post finds you well and safe. Oh well it’s been a while since my last post here. So I recently took my MAC 4100 out from storage and noticed one of the two pre-out/main jumpers is missing. I must have misplaced it inadvertently when I placed/packed the receiver in...
  8. A

C22

Based on your photo, it appears the power supply caps in your C22 have been replaced (not original). Much of the "popping" sounds are related to faulty/leaky capacitors and/or bad switches. I have an original C22 that had those annoying sounds before when I switched between input sources, but...
  9. A

Mcintosh MC240 No Sound

I have successfully replaced my MC240 power supply filter cans and upgraded the bias circuit per Terry DeWick's recommendation. That was a few years ago as I haven't logged in here for sometime...perhaps the link below may be helpful. Terry recapped/aligned my MX-110Z which I have been using...
  10. A

MC240 Problems

Fitzgreen505, you may want to check out this old thread of my MC240 power supply rebuilt.
  11. A

MC240 hum question

Jason, I tend to agree with clinic-audio assessment...the hum from your MC240 is likely caused by out of spec power supply capacitors. Years ago, I had a similar so-called Mc tech power supply restoration of my MC240 locally; it turned out the parts used were of inferior quality, mickey mouse...
  12. A

MX-110 transformer: how hot should it be after several hours of use?

My MX110Z was recapped by Terry a few years ago, and he told me then it would run hot after an hour or so in operation. Since mine is housed in an L12, so whenever I am planning to listen for longer hours, I will place a small fan running in the back of the unit from distance to help...
  13. A

Recap kits for MC2XX tube amps

Hi, see my old post on my MC240 power supply rebuild http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mc240-filter-cans-capacitance.701555/
  14. A

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Greetings Akers...it's been a while since I last post here. First pic is my MC240/MX110 of which I have not been polished or dusted off lately and the second pic is my MC275/C22... Well, both have not been played lately these days as I have been busy tinkering with my cars (my second hobby :))...
  15. A

McIntosh illumination filters?

Hi 62caddy, I have recently recapped an earlier-version MR78 of mine but was not able to re-do the blue filter tubes properly for the two meters, and the festoon lamps are getting tired. I went to the auction seller's website as you have suggested and they have quite a different colors to choose...
  16. A

MR77 tune-up

Hi Gregory, Creating a new post on "MR77 Tuneup" (perhap including portion on MR78) sounds like a great idea. I look forward to learning more from you and other experts here. Here is what I have done so far today on my MR78 based on your write-up. Thanks! Tony SF, CA
  17. A

MR77 tune-up

Does anyone or the site administrator have a way to restore the pictures posted by Gregory in this excellent MR77 write-up? All I can see of each picture is simply a blue box with a question mark! I hope to follow the pictures along on the recap procedures.
  18. A

Pioneer VSX-D1S

My VSX-D1S has been collecting dust for a few years now. This and a CLD-V820 are my only Pioneer gear. I never like to get rid of VSX-D1S hoping one day someone out here could point me to the right direction in repairing it. The issue is the receiver power up with a low hum on all channels and...
  19. A

Show Me Your Sansui!

Spent Sunday afternoon deoxit my long neglected G-9000. It now sounds as good as its look. Picture here is of it tunes to classical KDFC 90.3 in San Francisco. Here is another shot after sunset. It's tuned to 91.1 KCSM Bay Area Jazz.
  20. A

Sansui G-8000 Switch and Pot cleaning

I just finished DeoxIT F5 my G-9000 this afternoon. The Tone (Defeat/On) switch and the Preamp-PowerAmp switch are now functioning properly. Before DeoxIT cleaning, the Tone switch would cut off one channel (particularly the right) when switched on from defeat and I had to juggle it on and off...
  21. A

MX110-Z tuning indicator ("tuning eye") and stereo light relationship

Okay 62caddy thanks again for your info. :)
  22. A

Sounds good jlovda. Will check out what audio-archeology might have at eBay. :rflmao: That's an invaluable info to know. Thanks c_dk.
  23. A

Thank for your posting another picture showing how delicate the wires are inside the RF transformer. Please check your PM.
  24. A

Wow! Thank you for sharing your photos clinic-audio. I suppose you have had similar experience/issue with the 38kHz part no.162-054. Was it happened to a MR77 as well? The 19kHz (part no. 162-055) on mine is okay and the tuner still picks up all stations except it can't be properly aligned...
Back
Top Bottom