Search results

1. sawdust

Pioneer SX1250. No sound at speakers headphones work just fine.

First of all a little history, my friend brought his 1250 over static out of both channels turning the volume up, would put it in protection. He’s been knocking on the volume knob for years when a channel would drop off so he told me he probably needs a new volume potentiometer no more further...
  2. sawdust

Pioneer Spec 4 need source for new part

Does anyone have a source for the variable resistor 100K ohm front panel level output control for a Pioneer Spec 4
  3. sawdust

PIONEER SX-1250 NEW CASE BUILD

This time I want to share how I make a Case out of solid walnut it time to dress up my SX-1250 Off to the scrap pile to pick out the stock this board is 90 inches long and 5 inches wide. I will half to cut it in half and glue it together to get the width I need I will cut it now ,next I will...
  4. sawdust

Pioneer RG-9 PROCESSOR SWITCH

Anyone have a source for a PIONEER RG-9 Processor switch I found the source for the tape monitor just can't find the Processor switch The service manual list them as the same part # ASG-216 but they are different
  5. sawdust

Pioneer SX-1050 New Case Project

I want to share my method on how I make a SX-1050 Case, over the years I got several PM from members asking for measurements to make cases for their gear. First I make a pattern off the original there is 3 pieces for the SX-1050 2 for the sides and a top I always make pattern if I plan on...
  6. sawdust

Spec1 and Spec4 Walnut Cases

Ok Zeb here's the update on the spec walnut cases Finally Finished the walnut cases for my Spec gear, I wanted to make them box style so they be the same style as some of the original pioneer cases and added some finish washers to cover the rack rash from when they were rack mounted, I'm real...
  7. sawdust

Pioneer TX-9800 TX-7800 tuner Question

can anyone tell me if a Pioneer TX-9800 and a TX-7800 take the same wood case, I wasn't able to find the service manual to find the part number to look it up on the Pioneer parts web site any info would be helpful . Amos
  8. sawdust

Pioneer CT-F1000 Recap

I am getting ready to do a recap on my Pioneer CT-F1000 cassette tape deck and before I place my order I thought I ask is their anything I should add to my cap list to upgrade while I am in their . I can't find much info other than caps to do,The unit still plays and records I did all the belts...
  9. sawdust

Pioneer SX-1250 cutting in and out

Thought I would share the problem I was having and what I found to be the cause of it . At higher volume the speaker relay would open and close it did this on all the inputs , I have 4 speakers hooked up but only play 1 pair at a time, with the balance control turned all the way to the left...
  10. sawdust

Spec4 Bias question

I have several Pioneer Spec4 amps all of them the bias swings several mV from zero one of them swings over 020.0 mV is this a characteristic of the design . All of them have been recapped and new transistors . The last 2 amps I checked the bias before I restored them and both of them did swing...
  11. sawdust

Pioneer SX-1250 tuner signal strength meter quit working

the signal strength meter on my SX-1250 quit working, for about year it didn't work till it was on for several minutes now it won't work at all on FW AM works fine , I replaced the capacitor on the meter thinking it might help no luck . in 2012 I replaced all the caps and transistors on all the...
  12. sawdust

SANSUI 9090D keeps Blowing fuses

My Sansui 90909DB blows fuses Fo1 and Fo2 on the F-2656 board both the service and the board call for 10A 250v fuses it had 3A 250v fuses in the board they look to be original . I put new 3A 250v fuses back in and they blow immediately when turning the power on. I need help on what would cause...
  13. sawdust

Pioneer CT-F1250 and CT-F1000

Can anyone verify for me if the metal bonnets are interchangeable between a Pioneer CT-F1250 and Pioneer CT-F1000 I need to know if the hole patterns are the same.
  14. sawdust

Merry Christmas everyone

I just want to thank everyone and wish you all a Merry Christmas
  15. sawdust

Pioneer Spec4 right signal meter pegged

I went to turn the volume down and noticed that the right signal meter was pegged all the way at 300 . I powered the amp off and then powered back on and the right signal meter was ok for about 5 seconds then the right meter pegged again both channels still sounded even . I powered it on and off...
  16. sawdust

Pioneer Spec4 Need Help

I started with the big 2200uf 100v and turned it on let it idle on the bench for 5 minutes than pulled the left amp and replaced all the caps and transistors and turned down VR2 to minimum and installed back in the amp fired it up on the DBT and set VR1 and VR2 than turned down VR2 and shut it...
  17. sawdust

Can you match the original Pioneer finish

I am asked what do I use to match the pioneer original finish . As you can see in the pictures every original case has a different tone to the wood if you peal off the stickers you will see a night and day difference in the 30 + years in the same case. The method I use on solid walnut...
  18. sawdust

Pioneer TX-9500 II Capacitor help

Not sure what to use to replace the Tantalum caps with this is what I found at Mouser. I could not find a cap list in the AK data base for the TX-9500 II I have finished re capping the AWD-070 and the AWR-128 and it's up on the shelf working. AWD-009 : C8: 0.33uF 35v...
  19. sawdust

Pioneer SA-9500 Wood Case

I want to make a wood case for a Pioneer SA-9500 and I need the size of the cut outs in the sides and where they are positioned in the sides . If anyone can help I appreciate it .
  20. sawdust

Skylab is a member with Karma

I have had several transactions with Rob over the last 2 years and everyone has been a pleasure . He is honest and fair and has excellent packing . Thank you Rob your AK Member real KAMRA I will let you know how the speakers sound after I build the cabinets.
  21. sawdust

Pioneer RCA cables DIY need info

I want to up grade my RCA cables and I want make them myself and not sure what kind of cable or wire to use and need some feedback from someone that has made them that is willing share their experience
  22. sawdust

Pioneer RT-707 Wood case project

Finally finished making a case for my Pioneer RT-707 out of solid Walnut, decided to post some pictures to show how I put the vents in it and mounted to the case,The case is fastened with longer screws through the bottom feet and then I used finish washers and screws to cover the rack mount...
  23. sawdust

Sansui G-5700 left channel has a lot of distortion

My friend brought his Sansui G-5700 over to me and had no sound . the output transistors on the left channel tested bad so I replaced both left and right output transistors with NJW3281G and NJW1302G .Powered it up DBT and relay engaged I could not get a mv reading on the left channel bias only...
  24. sawdust

Pioneer Spec 1 keeps blowing fuses

Restored my Pioneer Spec 1 found all the info from the AK experts , Put in all new caps and the transistors in and was working fine out of all the inputs .The third day when I turned it on no power found fuse 12 and 13 were blown , after replacing the fuses it was working fine all day I was in...
Back
Top Bottom