Search results

1. mfrench

When Did AK Start Censoring Private Messages?

WTF?? That is way too much censoring.
  2. mfrench

Niyaz - Persian Mysticism - Live

A little bird dropped this off to me,.... It is an amazing experience; Sufi Mysticism meets electronica. They are acoustic instruments that are mixed live, on-stage, by the keyboardist, who creates a magic carpet ride soundscape. The bass passages in this are immense and extremely low. it was...
  3. mfrench

Poway Symphony Orchestra 2023-11-19 20th Ann'y Season Opener

Last night, they made me smile! I guess its official?! I never claimed it. But I guess they like my work? At any rate,.... my new hang tag. It even got me backstage into the fancy bathroom. Working on the recording. It was just done last night. I've got a 4.mic mix ready to present, of mics...
  4. mfrench

Capping Rounds Off in the Hood - A Close Call

Well, I never figured I'd be posting such a thing in my life. We don't live in the city, or anything even closely related to city life. We live in an agricultural area, and state/nat'l park open areas, with plenty of room between neighbors. But, damn, I just heard what my neighbor describes as a...
  5. mfrench

Little League World Series 2023

I can't stand what Wokeness has done to the MLB. So, they've been left in the dirt for years now; boycotted. But, I do love the game. Instead, I watch the College Softball series, and Little League series for its pureness in baseball. So far, its been fun to watch. But, I gotta say,.... One of...
  6. mfrench

Hurricane Hilary - SoCal Takes a Rare Hit

I spent the day readying for this, and am exhausted. I'm looking forward to it, and seeing what it brings. It probably won't be a true hurricane by the time it gets here, rather it is said to be a tropical storm; but, it is still a historic storm for the area. We are in northern San Diego...
  7. mfrench

Septic in Cold Country - and Basements

I thought I'd start a nice sloppy topic. Sarge and I are being driven from Cal, due to, well, liberalism, and blue state'itus ( this is as far as I take politics), and exceedingly high utility rates (San Diego Gas and Electric). We are looking at Utah, as a possible change of venue, due to the...
  8. mfrench

An Amazing Thing Happened To Me Thursday Morning.

I'm going to start where it began on Wednesday morning, the 25th January. It is far bigger than the fishing adventure that it starts out as. I hope it captures your attention. Ultimately it ends in an amazing act of kindness, and deep help in a very bad situation. The tale begins,.... Its...
  9. mfrench

Remember When A Half Gallon Was Just That?

It seems like very little product gets weighed out to the gallon standard anymore. Example: Blue Bunny Ice Cream I bought some BB ice cream last week, and, when opened, the container was only perhaps 3/4 full. It states a quart and a half, or, 48 fluid ounces. The partially filled container...
  10. mfrench

Fly Fishing - Flies - Rods - Tying Up Leaders & Other Tales

Hey all, First off,... I think we all need to tie up some leaders! So, this is a bit of a sorry tale, to be sure, to start. Me: > Federation of Fly Fishermen certified casting instructor ( I let this go, as I didn't agree with the self appointed diety in charge). > Guiding experience in...
  11. mfrench

What? Me? I'm Never This Lucky

I feel a bit like I hit the Lotto. We were presented with this, as a freebie from our power provider (story below). Ecoflow Delta Pro Solar Generator w/ 400w solar panel kit https://us.ecoflow.com/products/delta-pro-portable-power-station Amazon link to this kit Sarge, the spousal unit...
  12. mfrench

Temecula Valley Symphony 2022-09-17 Chamber Music Concert

https://temeculavalleysymphony.org/event/colors-of-music-i/ And, just like that, another season of concerts begins. Deep apologies for the late announcement. But, I just found out about this concert myself, right now, from a phone call from the chief in charge, the president/artistic director...
  13. mfrench

Poway Symphony Orchestra 2022-05-29 A Spanish Festival concert recordings

Greets, again,... Up for grabs,... A Spanish Festival Concert by the Poway Symphony Orchestra from this past weekend. I've been exceedingly busy building stuff here, and too tired for much music. And, the cost of fuel, keeps me a wee bit closer to home. But, this one was a not to be missed...
  14. mfrench

Temecula Valley SYmphony 2022-04-23 The Three B's

Bach - Beethoven - Brahms April 23, 2002 Saturday 4pm Grace Church Temecula, Ca If you attend,... find the mic cables on the floor, and follow them. I'd love to hook up.
  15. mfrench

I Feel A Big One Coming On!

I might as well start a thread. This one is going to be somewhat off-the-seat-of-my-pants, winging it! Its going to be fairly large'ish scale, for an amateur DIY'r. A carport for two smaller cars. It will be a bit smaller than a standard garage, due to the space that I have. This one will be...
  16. mfrench

Poway Symphony Orchestra March 20, 2022

From the PSO website: The concert on Sunday, March 20, 2022 will feature the mighty Symphony No.8 by Antonin Dvorak as well as the delightful Cello Concerto No.1 by Camille Saint Saëns. The soloist for this performance will be our principal cellist Daniel Grab. The concert will open with the...
  17. mfrench

Temecula Valley Symphony 2022-02-26 Chamber Music Concert - Free-Safe D/L's

Flute Trio playing Pt.1 of Birds, Birdsong: Flute Clarinet, Piano trio: Cello Quartet + soloist - Tchaikovsky Woodwind Octet - Beethoven Octet in E-flat Major And, for the aural imagery nuts (I include myself), this, below, is the depth of sound-field, aural imagery. My rig (six mics...
  18. mfrench

The Grateful Dead - Live Recordings

Grateful Dead - Frost Ampitheater - Stanford Campus - April 30, 1988 & May 01, 1988 David Lindley and El Rayo-X Catalyst Theater - Rasta Cruz, Ca - April 30, 1988 Three Shows in under 40 hours - Another sleepless weekend. Wake up early, hit airport early saturday morning, from O.C. -> San...
  19. mfrench

Grateful Dead - Santana - Lindley 1987-August-22/23 Mtn. Aire Music Fest

I'm going to start with Day One; But, of course. And, I'm going to disclaim around a wee bit before I get into the meat of this thing. And, there is a lot of meat on this bone. I was a Grateful Dead fan, and, a taper, or, live concert recordist. This dates back to Oct.1982 to my first...
  20. mfrench

Mr. Dave and X-Rays 1989-12-31 A Monsterous NYE Mashup

So, you guys already know, I dig reggae. And, strangely enough, one of my favorites is not from Jamaica. Rather, he is from the lovely Clairmont, California. David Lindley, aka, Mr. Dave, Mr. Puffy, Chuck the Whining Rasta, the Prince of Polyester, the Sultan of Sleaze, among many of his...
  21. mfrench

Mainly Mozart 2004-06-11 *NSI

The *Neurosciences Institute Auditorium - La Jolla, Ca Inside. Note angular walls, to prevent reverberant issue. This hall is a laboratory, designed to study the effects of music on the human brain. It is in effect a musically friendly anechoic chamber. It has been suggested that it is one of...
  22. mfrench

Grateful Dead 1987-November Long Beach, Ca <- All 3 Days

OK,.... hold on just a dang minute. I might have blown it in this extensive upload. I'm going to check a few things out. Don't d/l just yet. The error has been corrected. The new links are being posted below. They are only good for 7 days from today. Greetings all, Well, the god damn...
  23. mfrench

Electrical Diagnosis Help Needed

Fack! So, we had sideways rain, and strong winds a week ago. In the height of it, our power panel got soaked, and, a circuit to my garage outlets blew; read: this is my music room, a converted garage. It is wall sockets only, and, they are on a dedicated circuit that is original to the home. San...
  24. mfrench

Joan Osborne 1995-09-07 Troubadour Live FM Broadcast master

Joan Osborne,... A lady with grit. Our modern day Janis Joplin kind of grit. This is a Live FM Broadcast on KSCA 101.9FM. And, from the News Artists Showcase series This was a fantastic FM radio station. They were a spin-off of the early days KROQ D.J.'s that bailed from KROQ, when they went...
Back
Top Bottom