Search results

1. BuckHansom

I saw in an old post you were asking about cleaning the inner glass of your MR71. I have the...

I saw in an old post you were asking about cleaning the inner glass of your MR71. I have the same issue. Did you figure out how to clean the glass with the numbers on it? I am afraid of damaging / wiping off the silk screen. Mine looks like it's dusty. Any help or link you can provide would be...
  2. BuckHansom

NAD M51: my experience with a detail king!

Just discovered this thread. What did you finally decide? I have a NAD M51 I run my Sonos into. I have a MC275 amp, McIntosh C200 pre and La Scala II speakers. I have bee considering a McIntosh D150 and pairing it with MCT450. Right now I have no CDP in my system.
  3. BuckHansom

Service experience with Audio Classics?

Just yesterday I received my MR71 from AC. I had them do the Modafferi Mod and it really did improve the sound. Whether the improvement is due to the mod or their tune up I cannot say but I am pleased with the quality of the work. I also purchased a McIntosh L12 walnut cabinet in excellent +...
  4. BuckHansom

anyway to repair faceplate bubbles?

I just had the Modaferri Mod to my MR71. Got it back yesterday and it sounds great. Not able to leave well enough alone, I now want to repair the very small "bubble" on the upper left corner of the faceplate. I see I can get a new faceplate from Radio Daze but I am not sure I could figure out...
  5. BuckHansom

Mc275 v

Thanks. I'm certain this was just beginners' bad luck. I have too many other items to purchase to be put off this early.
  6. BuckHansom

Mc275 v

It was worked on under warranty by the shop's own repairman in conjunction with McIntosh (that's what I was told). I called MAC to confirm they were working with this guy but never got a warm and fuzzy feeling that MAC and the local were speaking. I originally thought it would be shipped back...
  7. BuckHansom

Mc275 v

I finally got my 275 back Tuesday. After 8+ weeks in the repair shop it turns out that the only problem was a tube gone bad. Because they were out of warranty (161 days old) they were on me. McIntosh recommended I replace them all at a cost of $730. Expensive, but it is up and running. I...
  8. BuckHansom

Mc275 v

I dropped it off last week for repair. I just visited the shop and was told Mcintosh gave them permission to repair the amp there under warranty. They told me that when I dropped it off it had a blown tube and a blown fuse. They replaced the tube and fuse, powered it up and the fuse went out...
  9. BuckHansom

Mc275 v

Mine just did exactly as you described. Did it turn out you had a bad tube? Mine is 6 months old so I would expect Mcintosh to replace any tube that went bad so soo.
Back
Top Bottom