Search results

1. Dr Morbius

Since they aren't talked about much....Grado

I have the Grado 325, which I like but recently purchased Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro which works great with my Schiit Vali 3.
  2. Dr Morbius

A NEW (to me) way of music appreciation...and listening

Ah, I see this is a few years old.
  3. Dr Morbius

A NEW (to me) way of music appreciation...and listening

I use a Bluesound Vault 2a that I just love, in fact I can’t live without it!
  4. Dr Morbius

"Any New Age Music Listeners Out There?"

I just happened to listen to Wendy Carlos’ “Sonic Seasons” probably the first and one of the best - from 1972 - 52 years ago. There’s just so much the brain can grasp that it’s so complex.
  5. Dr Morbius

OK Geezers...Truth Time...Do You Buy New Music?

I hear you, krautmaster!
  6. Dr Morbius

Trouble is I feel I’m in my late 30’s and not too wrinkly ( and I can keep up with my 5 year old granddaughter, for now anyway! ).
  7. Dr Morbius

I don’t consider myself a geezer but I did hit 70 last month ( I’m so old I remember when the Dead Sea was just sick) but I’ll buy new music when old guys and gals come out with new stuff……..Paul McCartney, Jeff Lynne, Judy Collins, and so on.
  8. Dr Morbius

Nighttime glow!

Keep the pic’s coming, really cool………or should I say HOT!!!
  9. Dr Morbius

What the heck speakers are these???

$10 bucks, nice find there!
  10. Dr Morbius

Favorite TV Show Theme Song

How about the tv show version of The Addams Family?
  11. Dr Morbius

What tv show are you currently binging?

Mindhunters, an INTENSE true show about the beginnings of the FBI profiling misfits and serial killers to see what makes them tick and applying it to find new killers - takes place in the 1970’s and all the actors are as close to perfect as you can get for their roles. Oh, and one of the...
  12. Dr Morbius

Son Of Lurch - Interview with Sean Cassidy.

Wow, interesting and out of the blue!
  13. Dr Morbius

Received my Koss Pro 4AA back from Koss.

I believe that l had the Koss pro4aa in the mid to late 70’s and the gel-filled cushions, well the left one anyway leaked down my back - not a particularly good feeling when I was using them. After that went into the trash can. Should have sent them in, maybe? Just got a Beyerdynamic DT990 and...
  14. Dr Morbius

Recommended Modern Sources

Just got my second BlueSound Vault 2 after my first one conked out from 6 years of heavy use. I downloaded my 35,000 plus songs (took 27 straight hours) and sounds even better than before. Best investment I ever made!
  15. Dr Morbius

Praise The Fisher 500c

Well, I had a Fisher X-202B amp for a while and I found that the Scott amps had slightly larger output transformers which sounded nicer, even richer than the Fisher, and all were/are recapped.
  16. Dr Morbius

Praise The Fisher 500c

I have 5 HH Scott amps, here’s 4 with one in my garage. All I can say is Tubes Rule!
  17. Dr Morbius

What was the last movie you watched?

Last night on TCM I saw “Metropolis” from 1927, newly restored with lost footage from Argentina, of all places! And the restored musical soundtrack from the original 1927 score for the movie, also recently found sounds suspiciously like John Williams generic soundtrack!
  18. Dr Morbius

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

DuMont was a great company- we had our 1st color tv, in 1962 and it was a 25 incher!
  19. Dr Morbius

Do You Spin and Post at Same Time?

Usually the next day, if I remember.
  20. Dr Morbius

I just finished all 12 episodes of “The Dresden Files” a 16 year old show that should have lasted for 150 episodes. Really excellent show! Only 12 episodes is just sad…………………btw the lead actor kinda looks a lot like a young Sean Connery, interesting when watching.
  21. Dr Morbius

Obscure TV Show Theme Songs

I’m sure I get the medal for most obscure theme song for 1967’s Coronet Blue, but another great theme song I’m sure others remember is Mystery Movie Theme by Henry Mancini………using an ARP model 2500 synthesizer..fantastic! That Arp 2500 is the most beautiful synthesizer ever designed, though...
  22. Dr Morbius

Came across a show from a dozen years ago I never heard of called Person of Interest. First episode was excellent and it only got better after that. Lasted 4 seasons so it was popular and yet somehow I never heard of it. Shame on me!
  23. Dr Morbius

What was the last movie you watched?

As an avowed fan of horror films, I can’t believe I haven’t seen Nosferatu (1922) in its entirety, only bit and pieces. Well last night I saw the remastered version that was colorized in what used to be the two strip technicolor process and although I’m not a huge fan of colorization (not...
  24. Dr Morbius

Collector Car Insurance

For those interested, that picture above is my car that was in the movie with James Garner called “The Notebook” from 20 years ago. The original owner was supposed to be Hedy Lamarr - named the most beautiful woman in Hollywood.
  25. Dr Morbius

HH Scott Owners Thread

I just found this Scott site, should be made permanent.
Back
Top Bottom