Search results

1. parvo

Met a fellow AK er today

Thanks Rick. Enjoy the Onkyo! I am sure our relationship will be long lasting!
  2. parvo

wanna trade for an AVR 105 wpc Onkyo. great condition ?

wanna trade for an AVR 105 wpc Onkyo. great condition ?
  3. parvo

Your #1 reason for hanging with us

Learning how to keep my gear running and trying not to be envious of others while lusting after the finer possessions of theirs. Then there are those who can't help being snooty responding your call for help. Sorta reminds me of Volbeat's Still counting, I must be a glutton for punishment.
  4. parvo

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls QSC 1400 EV Eliminator. Just revisiting the days of 80s Clubbing:-)
  5. parvo

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Dan Siegel Late one night CD Klipsch R820F tower Yamaha Amp.
  6. parvo

Cheap audio gear. Yes? No? Sometimes?

Nowadays, I can't afford high-end new gear except speakers. Everything else is used or vintage gear that I may have to repair or re-cap. Usually, I get lucky finding a fair amount of quality high-end gear at a reasonable price. My Klipsch speakers are discounted new and they sound great...
  7. parvo

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Pebbles - Mercedes Boy
  8. parvo

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

July 14, 2010
  9. parvo

Blu-Ray Ownership Poll (Please Vote and Post)

I have 3 Sony BDP 590 and one OPPO BDP 83 mainly for SACD and for viewing blue ray movies.
  10. parvo

most creative album covers

One of my faves! Album and cover art!:-)
  11. parvo

AK member Jaymanaa has passed.

Flying with the big Jayhawk! His humor and friendly demeanor while being helpful was such a rare trait of Jay's. Thanks for the tubes and words of advice and much helpful instruction. Gonna miss ya bro!
  12. parvo

SPYRO GYRA - Wrapped in a Dream SACD. Klipsch R820F Yamaha 861 Receiver (DSD decoding.
  13. parvo

Looking For New Speakers

Bought a pair of R820F through amazon /Best buy Black Friday sale..First impression is that they are nice in appearance and they sound great!..Very efficient and a superior sound stage. All that with a 5 year klipsch warranty.
  14. parvo

What got you into Klipsch?

My first pair of Klipsch was a Hersey and I took the face plates out with drivers intact to try using in the hatchback of my Mustang Mach one...Both were brand new in the 60s..Needless to say the horns extended out too far to keep the speakers stable on turns and I promptly threw away the...
  15. parvo

George benson - Absolute Benson - The Ghetto Klipsch R820P Oh yeah..I'm in Heaven!:)
  16. parvo

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Spyro Gyra Original cinema SACD
  17. parvo

Do yiu paypal..and would you ship for another 100 dollars?

Do yiu paypal..and would you ship for another 100 dollars?
  18. parvo

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Chuck Berry No particular place to go!
  19. parvo

Bose accoustmas speakers Question

Oh whatever! He is impressed by what he owns! Being a grammatical and typo bully is going a bit over the top really.
  20. parvo

I hate to admit this. (Bose content.)

Have Bose 10.2 and 10.2 series II for quite the longest and they came cheap (craigslist) at 25.00 a pair probably due (in part) to the bashing. I really did benefit from it by saving many $ for both pair and they are probably the best kept secret that Bose discontinued. The sound is just superb...
  21. parvo

What made you want to use an external DAC?

I was curious about the sound difference between DSD and PCM. I have a sony Blu Ray with the ability to stream DSD via HDMI. I purchased a SM8 hoping that it would work as a stand alone DSD decoder using the Blu Ray. Found that you can stream USB to the SM8 to get DSD but using a computer...
  22. parvo

Marantz 4230 no lights issue

Sorry my bad...tried to upload the service manual...too large. Go to hifiengine and search for it. Sourcing a link was a bad idea too, sorry about that.
  23. parvo

Marantz 4230 no lights issue

Would a service manual help? https://www.hifiengine.com/hfe_downloads/index.php?marantz/marantz_4230_service.pdf You may have to start an account with them. All free and painless. Hope this is helpful,,I would check for presence of voltage (DC) on light power rail, make sure LEDs are correct...
  24. parvo

My Brand “New” Kenwood KA9100 Left Channel Dead. Help please.

Re-Check those cables for loose connection?
  25. parvo

We all love listening to music here, how many play it too?

Air Guitar. 30 plus years mobile and club DJ. (playback for clients with a lot of charisma.)
Back
Top Bottom