1. schuh

Frasier Capsule Monitors

Thanks for the sites.
  2. schuh

Frasier Capsule Monitors

I love my fortes.
  3. schuh

Frasier Capsule Monitors

I have a pair of Heresys in the living room. My first thought after hooking these up was that they sounded similar to the Klipsch. They have a very nice soundstage.
  4. schuh

Frasier Capsule Monitors

I picked up a pair of these recently. I think they sound pretty good. I'm driving them with a Macintosh MX113 and MC250. Was wondering what people who have had experience with Fraziers think about them?
  5. schuh

Polk RTA 11

Can a McIntosh MC250 drive these Polks properly? Thanks.
  6. schuh

Need speaker recommendation for my specific setup

I have a Marantz 1060 driving Heresy IIs. Marantz and Kilpsch play very well together. My Fortes are driven by tubes and I will never get rid of them.
  7. schuh

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Wanton Marsalis "Twilight" on Forte IIs, driven by tubes. See ya...
  8. schuh

Please show your pics of tube amps

My recently acquired St-70. Paired with a C-J PV-7, it sounds great driving a pair of Forte IIs.
  9. schuh

12au7 in Conrad Johnson PV-7?

I have been all over the Internet trying to figure out exactly which tube positions make up the phono section. Is anyone certain? Thanks as always.
  10. schuh

Is the 12bh7 a direct replacement for the 12au7, or does some mod have to be done?
  11. schuh

Thanks. After rolling a few tubes in there I have found that the 12au7 makes for a much quieter phono section. I've an RCA clear top in there now, but might try a Tele and a Brimar later.
  12. schuh

After looking at Jeff's link (thanks), I see that I made a mistake. The 12au7 is in V4 not V5.
  13. schuh

I just purchased a PV-7 and it has an RCA clear top 12au7 in V5. Everything I have seen about this preamp suggests a 12ax7 in this position. The pre sounds very nice, but I have some excellent 12ax7s on hand and would like to try one there. Why would someone put an au7 there? Might I harm...
  14. schuh

Forte II's and 35 wpc. Good or bad idea?

My Forte IIs sound fantastic driven by my Fisher 400.
  15. schuh

7868 Tube Flavors

I have always wanted to try some 7025s, in my guitar amp too, but I have never found a decent deal on them.
  16. schuh

7868 Tube Flavors

I have tried only a couple, but I like the Sylvania gold label best.
  17. schuh

7868 Tube Flavors

I have a 400 with Sylvania 7868s, and I love the way it sounds with my Fortes. Lately I have been driving a pair of Frazier Capsules with my Fisher and that sounds very nice too. I've rolled a few preamp tubes in there. I like smooth plate Teles best, but RCA 5751 triple micas sound really...
  18. schuh

Frazier Capsules

Just a woofer, a mid horn and the piezo tweeter. Thanks for the links.
  19. schuh

Frazier Capsules

I just picked up a pair of these for $40. I believe they are the monitor version of the Concerto. They are hooked up to my Fisher 400, and sound very nice. More bass than I thought they'd have and really nice imaging. They have an attenuator on the back for the piezo tweeter (I believe), and...
  20. schuh

Marantz 1060 with what tube preamp?

Have you read up on the 1060? It's a great little integrated, highly regarded for it's preamp section. It also has an excellent phono section. I am driving a pair of Heresys with mine and the sound is wonderful. If I were tempted to pair it with tubes I'd probably do it with a power amp of...
  21. schuh

5ar4 who made the good ones?

+1 on the Matsushita. Great value. There's very little difference between it and my Mullard.
  22. schuh

Side 2 better than side 1

+1 for Abbey Road.
  23. schuh

Price Check - Fisher 400 with Wood Case

A that price it ought have the Telefunken and Mullard tubes.
  24. schuh

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

Klipsch Forte II: my favorites, can't tell whether I like them better with the Mac or the Fisher. Klipsch Heresy: really beautiful, a very light walnut, with birds eye figuring and wicker grills. Boston Acoustics A150 NLA
  25. schuh

God hates me

I am laughing out loud.
Back
Top Bottom