Search results

1. C

RS-177 Motorboating

I did some load line calculations and believe the amp will not be harmed by running it with 8 ohm speakers, especially if I bias it a little colder by increasing the cathode resistor to be 150 ohms versus the original 130 ohms. Yes, the load impedance for the tubes is not ideal for maximum...
  2. C

RS-177 Motorboating

It seems all the tube design data indicates a single cathode resistor for standard PP designs, separate cathode resistors for PP designs using ultra-linear transformers. One source I've researched indicates that a single cathode resistor increases even-ordered distortion, which, based on...
  3. C

RS-177 Motorboating

First things first! :) I have cleaned and tested the tubes, but have not yet plugged in the amp. I have to rig up a series lightbulb setup before I plug it in as I'm pretty sure it has not been used in a great number of years. All of the tubes - which appear to be original - tested very...
  4. C

RS-177 Motorboating

Nice looking amp! I just acquired an RS-177F to do something similar with. Which Hammond OT's did you install?
  5. C

Inherited RCA Victor tube console .. now what?

Tweeters & Schematic/PL I just acquired all the electronic parts to an RCA 1VF-619a console which also has the RS177F power amp and the same complement of speakers as your console. I plan on restoring and converting the amp into a bookshelf unit with modern speakers. Let me know if you are...
Back
Top Bottom