Search results

1. audio-ed

Worst Stereo You've Ever Owned?

A broken stereo.
  2. audio-ed

Favorite tv character!

Ernest T. Bass
  3. audio-ed

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

About 15 years ago at an estate sale I find a pair of JBL 4410's. Condition not good, cases have some issues and grills are shredded woofers need a refoam. So I buy them take them home and refoam the woofers recover the grills in a medium JBL blue. . I instantly loved the way they sounded and...
  4. audio-ed

I guess this is a mini score for me

That's a little more than a mini score.
  5. audio-ed

Rock and roll legends.

Grand funk railroad was the headliner of my first concert in 1973. Camel and Bad company were the warm up bands. Ah the memories.
  6. audio-ed

What was the first job you worked as?

Stocking shelves at a revco drugstore in 1973 for $2.10 hr . Had to take a lie detector test to get the job. Still remember my first 2 week paycheck $73.
  7. audio-ed

What is the most beautiful song you've ever heard?

There are so many but this is one on my favs .....Tupelo honey by Van Morrison
  8. audio-ed

Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence. Scared yet?

Lets hope artificial intelligence takes off as I'm not seeing much intelligence these days.
  9. audio-ed

A McIntosh Tuner, Is There One In Your System?

MR77 I don't listen to it much these days but keep it around mainly for it's looks.
  10. audio-ed

What is the OLDEST piece of audio gear you own?

McIntosh ma230 1962-66 and H.H. Scott 299b 1963 ish .
  11. audio-ed

Who is the most famous person you ever talked to or met?

Stopped by the Canal street tavern around noon to buy tickets for John Sebastian's concert that night. He was unloading equipment out of his car. He was very nice and we talked for a few minutes.
  12. audio-ed

Outrageous BMW accident in Fairfax County

For being that reckless they should take his license for life. I'm sure his rich daddy and daddy's lawyer will get him a nice slap on the wrist.
  13. audio-ed

I know anyone can make a pizza...

That's a tasty looking pizza. I started making pizza about 6 month ago. Looked at many pizza crust dough recipes on youtube. There was one where you made enough dough for 3 small pizzas. I split into 3 oiled bowls cover with clear wrap the leave one on the counter to rise and 2 go into the...
  14. audio-ed

IPhone for tone generator question

You have to run it through a receiver/amp and connect the left or right side speaker wires to your speaker. Be careful not to turn it up too loud.
  15. audio-ed

What would you say is the best sounding vintage Receiver

Very fond of my Marantz 2275 always loved the way it sounds. Have had many receivers and it's the only one left.
  16. audio-ed

JBL 4410 - non-mirror-imaged sets?

I also have a set of non mirror image 4410's. Bought at an estate sale and needed woofers refoamed and the cases had some issues. . I had them for years and never realized that that were supposed to be mirror image. A few years ago I see an add on craigslist for a set of mirror image 4410's in...
  17. audio-ed

Too Much Stuff in the House

Glad I came across this thread. I went down into my basement and threw a bunch of stuff away. Have been working on downsizing for a while now.It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over a lifetime.
  18. audio-ed

hoarding buried alive declutter thread: what did you get rid of today

I'm throwing away a lot of stuff I should of thrown away years ago. Trying to get to a more minimalist way of life. Sick of being surrounded by clutter. Stuff I will never use again. Clothes that don't fit. Already sold off most of my unused audio gear. Doesn't make sense to leave all the crap...
  19. audio-ed

Are You Still Happy ?

Very happy with my system / systems. Stopped chasing the dragon a few years ago and am really enjoying just listening to music. Still trying to downsize a little more. Have 4 turntables and trying to get down to 2 . Got rid of my speaker hoard and that really made me feel good. Have 2 sets of...
  20. audio-ed

2245 speakers??

I have a 2275 and run JBL 4410 speakers. To me a perfect match. Any JBL speaker in the 44__ or 43__ series would work .
  21. audio-ed

Speakers! Are any worth it?

I close my eyes and can see my thrusters hanging from the ceiling. With Bruce Springsteen Tunnel of love playing . The Thrusters are the only worthwhile speakers on the list.
  22. audio-ed

Prices.... Going Up!!!

It's just greed.
  23. audio-ed

The iPod finally died. Long live the iPod

Started with the 2gb nano . Then a 80gb classic still kind of working. Not supported for years. A 32gb touch from a garage sale. Had it for 5 years and then someone who wanted it more than me stole it from my car. At a garage sale a few years ago there's a basket with old iPods and a sign 50...
  24. audio-ed

Any dehumidifiers that last??

I had an older model can remember the name. Lasted 25+ years and I bought it used at a garage sale. Just before my old model died I pasted on one just like it at a garage sale that looked new for $40 . Still kicking myself on that one. Nothing lasts anymore. I bought a new one last year and It...
Back
Top Bottom