Search results

1. onepixel

George Winston Passes

After a 10 year battle with cancer, he passed away on June 4. Rest in peace, George. Thank you for the wonderful music.
  2. onepixel

AI

Not photography, but it's coming. Like Photoshop when it first hit the scene. I've started playing with Adobe Firefly (Beta). It's still in the Infancy stage, but it processing power is insane. 3D stuff that took me 1/2 day to render, now takes seconds. It's like a mad scientist and will meld...
  3. onepixel

Ryuichi Sakamoto Passes

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/02/959184720/ryuichi-sakamoto-a-godfather-of-electronic-pop-has-died Rest in Peace
  4. onepixel

Count to 101

First one to 101, I'll send you my extra CD copy of PROPELLERHEADS - DECKSANDRUMSANDROCKANDROLL
  5. onepixel

Shrink Wrap, Stickers, Price Tags, Obis & Stuff

Lately I've been a little obsessed with what's covering an album jacket. Like the shrink wrap and stickers. In the past, the first thing I'd do is rip off the shrink wrap and toss it. If on the actual jacket I'd carefully remove the price tags and stuff. I now save all that stuff. Even the...
  6. onepixel

Discogs Cataloging

So... I'm getting old and I do stupid things. I was wondering about cataloging my collection on Discogs in case I kick the bucket. My family would have no clue, as what to do with my music collection that I spent 50 years on. Don't worry, I'm healthy. I just do questionable and high risk things...
  7. onepixel

2020 to Present: New Music ONLY!

I'd like to hear fresh new music, please! No remixes, no re-issues, no remasters, nothing before 2020. Whatcha got?
  8. onepixel

Tell Us Your Story of Music

Music is forever intertwined into our lives. What was playing on the first date. Crusin' on Friday nights. "Your" song at your wedding. Music you couldn't stand, but now love. Songs that pump you up! Ones that make you shed a tear. Music that just blows your mind! Music is a personal journey...
  9. onepixel

Covers

My younger doctor friend recently turned me onto this King Harvest classic.
  10. onepixel

Post Your Moon Pics

Strawberry, Super Moon
  11. onepixel

Jamón and Prosciutto Ham

While on vacation in Portugal and Spain I ate a lot of dry-cured ham. The stuff was everywhere. It was really good and inexpensive. Buying prosciutto back at home is pricey and for special occasions. 1st place I found it was at the Madrid airport. Got a ham sandwhich.
  12. onepixel

AK Invest

I've been trying to encourage and teach people how to invest in stocks. So far no takers, that I know of. I've made a boat load of money. So I started an AK Invest on MarketWatch. It's real live trading, but with Monopoly money (not real). It's great to learn and practice to see if you are cut...
  13. onepixel

Foil Surfing, Wing Foiling, Surfing, SUPing, Sail Boarding and other fun stuff!

Stuck on an island during a pandemic you starting looking for things to do. Wing Foiling got huge this year. My board is a larger combination board for SUP and Wing, Foiling. The foil, mast and board are carbon fiber. Strong, light and so much freaking fun! Anyone else getting into it?
  14. onepixel

Street Photography

Street Photography is one of my favorites. Capturing candid shots of people in the environment. Makawao, Maui.
  15. onepixel

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing all of Audiokarma and friends a warm, safe and bountiful day!
  16. onepixel

Lens Adaptors

There are all kinds of great and inexpensive vintage glass out there. Adaptors for different makers to different lens systems and in my case SLR film to Digital Micro 4/3 and Mirrorless Fullframe. Some time ago I got a Fotodiox adaptor for my 1977 Olympus, Zuiko 50mm, f1.8 lens that came new...
  17. onepixel

Ahhhh... It's Alive!

https://www.thefarside.com
  18. onepixel

Vintage Sh*ts an Giggles

Hollywood Squares Q. Paul, what is a good reason for pounding meat? A. Paul Lynde: Loneliness! (The audience laughed so long and so hard it took up almost 15 minutes of the show!) Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it? A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it...
  19. onepixel

Memorial Day

Maui Veterans Cemetery. Thank you, for your service and for your sacrifice.
  20. onepixel

Kombucha. Anyone Make the Stuff?

First time I had it was years ago. Regular kombucha with the scoby stuff hanging in it. It was nasty. Since I moved to Maui, I've rediscovered it. There are a number of brands with different mix of fruit and herbs. It's refreshing and I've come to like it. Especially since I don't drink sodas...
  21. onepixel

102 MP, Fuji GFX100 Medium Format Camera

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/9037562642/hands-on-with-the-fujifilm-gfx-100 I've seen some image comparisons against the Sony A7RIII at ISO 12,800. Fuji kills it. You'll need a fast computer. Crazy detailed video. Best with a 4K monitor.
  22. onepixel

The Weekly Photo

There are a bunch of people posting nice photos. Albeit the subject matter is kinda random. How about a little direction? We can come up with a topic. Then for a week post your take on the topic. Seeing others viewpoint and photographic technique on the same subject can help ones creativity and...
  23. onepixel

Hike, Amble, Run

"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion..." Newton's First Law So where are some of your favorite places to move your legs? Rancho San Antonia Open Space Preserve in Silicon Valley. I lived at the base of the foothills, so this was a favorite place to hike and...
  24. onepixel

Woodstock 50th Anniversary

I just might have to go. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/woodstock-50th-anniversary-michael-lang-775588/
  25. onepixel

Sony Alpha

Oops... I was making an edit and accidentally deleted the text.
Back
Top Bottom