Search results

1. 9

Cerwin Vega AT15 crossover issue/rebuild

I've been listening to these speakers again lately, and I feel like maybe the cabinets resonate a little too much...has anyone tried lining the cabs with something like No Rez? I'm thinking about upgrading the crossovers and lining the cabinets with No Rez just to see if I can make these...
  2. 9

can y'all help me and my tech figure out what's wrong with my sx1250....

all noted...I didn't get a chance to take it to my tech last week..i'm going to drop it off this week... and no, Mark definitely did the repairs..I remember it vividly and have all the emails to back it up....and the relay does seems to be working as it should, but maybe it's oxidized...i'll...
  3. 9

alright I"ll pass along the message. It actually wasn't shipped...i'd never ship this giant thing. haha. I drove it over to his shop about 20 mins from my apartment. I'm going to take it back to him today and pass along these messages. Mark, I know this is a LONG time ago.(2015...
  4. 9

anyone else? aren't there a bunch of Pioneer experts on here, especially in regard to the sx1250?
  5. 9

i'm not really qualified to do any of this. I'm just looking for suggestions for my tech, so thanks for this..i will def let him know when I drop it off tomorrow. any other thoughts on what could be happening? what would cause the filters to do that?
  6. 9

so here's what's going on....and I provided a video link below... I had an issue with the preamp...I know this because I used the pre outputs and power amp inputs to isolate the issue. When I hooked the preouts to a separate amp, the problems persisted. I would get what sounds like radio...
  7. 9

new to me Kenwood KR6050....turned it on and this is happening??

I finally got around to working on this thing again...I cleaned the hell out of everything earlier this week and let it air out until tonight...I plugged it in, turned the power switch and it came right on...even the speaker protection relay clicked for the first time..I hooked up speakers...
  8. 9

I literally just got done cleaning and deoxting the ever-living-sh** out of this thing..especially the power/speaker switch. I'm gonna let it air out for a few days before I turn it on again and if it's working, I'll know it was that switch. It actually look like someone rebuilt the left and...
  9. 9

that looks pretty damn cool...and yeah one of my friends had one of those cool silver face Kenwood integrated amps...it was super cool...I just don't have any experience with this kr series of receivers..i just always loved the way they looked...no experience with their sound..i'm looking...
  10. 9

ok..I my as well give it a whirl and see what happens....everything I've been reading revolves around that crappy power/speaker switch....either way, I'm going to have to clean everything anyways...
  11. 9

I DID hear that these have issues with the power/speaker switch. Do you think it's worth trying to clean that switch and see what happens, or is it pretty much a broke or not-broke type thing?
  12. 9

I figured it was worth posting a video in case it was a common issue with these...I don't know much about them, and I've never seen anything like that before..haha..I'll just take it to my local tech and see what he thinks. They aren't worth much so I don't want to sink a ton of money into it...
  13. 9

I didn't bother to hook speakers up to it because 1. I never heard the relay click on and 2. I can only imagine if any sound does come out, it's not gonna be good..haha... the meters are jumping with the flickering lights so I'm guessing it's probably a bad idea to hook speakers up to it...
  14. 9

I asked my friends dad to let me know if he ever wants to get rid of this thing 4-5 years ago...well, he finally gave it to me...this is what's happening when I turn it on....any ideas? I'm not really familiar with these but I always loved the look of them. I'd like to get it going. Seems to...
  15. 9

ok great..this is all good to know, and i figured those poly caps would be much bigger. I can always figure out a way to make them fit somewhere....I have a bunch of other automotive projects to tackle so I'm gonna get those done first....if I end up changing the caps out, i'll let ya'll know...
  16. 9

i realized that after I hit post. I meant woofer, not subwoofer. Haha. But yeah it gets low enough to almost be a sub. Cool. I might upgrade the caps for fun to see if I can notice a difference. It will help me decide whether I’m going to build my own speakers with awesome component or...
  17. 9

forgive my lack of knowledge, but can you pretty much replace electrolytic and mylar caps with poly caps in any situation? I don't know whether the material maters or if it's just the uF and voltage...I think I might ditch them because it does sound like some unwanted frequency ranges are...
  18. 9

problem solved..it was the circuit breaker...thank you so much for the help you guys...if you think I should replace the blue electrolytic caps in both speakers I'll do that too...but if there isn't going to be noticeable difference in sound I might let it go for now....
  19. 9

this should work, correct...
  20. 9

so can I just jump the terminals on that to rule it out? also...can I order just any 15uf 100v cap to replace that blue one?
  21. 9

is there an easier way to upload photos and videos on here?
  22. 9

man..I just finally got those damn knobs off..they definitely didn't want to come off....so here's what I got.....can someone tell me what i'm looking at it in simple dumb dumb terms..haha....I'm guessing I should replace those 3 caps while i'm at it....what do I replace them with, or should I...
  23. 9

i'm trying to take this damn plastic part of the crossover off to get better access to everything..how does this come apart? Here's a video of what i'm talking about https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny7r8nntq9f2zva/IMG_6735.MOV?dl=0
Back
Top Bottom