Search results

1. DaveElton

JBL 4311/4312 settings

Same also here, I tend to leave the mid and high lvl controls flat, then adjust positioning as necessary. I realize I may be in the minority, but I do not find the titanium tweets in my 4312C's to be brash or harsh at all.
  2. DaveElton

Slight low-frequency buzz KEF 103.2

You may have a tweeter cap going bad..I had the same issue on a pair of small Infinities..sound /highs were coming thru the tweeter, however there was a "buzz/static" sound coming thru as well, new cap took care of the issue...and the old cap "looked" fine..:scratch2:
  3. DaveElton

Finally tried some single driver speakers...

You have me there Mike:) In my "minds eye", I see one driver, not 18 of the little buggers in my living room lol :scratch2: My first decent speakers back in late grade school into high school were a pair of 8" FR drivers of my Dad's mounted in sealed boxes. I admit to EQ-ing the treble a bit:D...
  4. DaveElton

Finally tried some single driver speakers...

This post is not meant to add, or polarize any of the commentary already made here, however I have always enjoyed Single Drivers, and am also aware of their limitations and strengths. I have a "cousin" of that genere in my main living room system, Altec 605A Duplexes, and also some book shelf...
  5. DaveElton

t-100's

:yes: What faber said, I snagged a near mint pair from a GW some years ago for $10, oiled the cabs, and they are beautiful to look at. Smooth, non-fatiguing sound. Bass on mine is tight, down to the high 40's I would guess. Easy speaker to listen to, lovely to look at, if the money is right, you...
  6. DaveElton

Bose 901's couple ???s

:sigh: It is sad..I worked for them in late '79 and the early 80's as well, and still fondly listen to some of their vintage speaker offerings, as well as my Bose 901's. Glad here too that my hearing is still good at 53 yrs.
  7. DaveElton

HPM-100's In Cedar Rapids Iowa

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/ele/4893824677.html For any near by looking for a pair. No affiliation here in any way with the seller.
  8. DaveElton

Favorite Micro Speakers ?

:yes: Yep. the Bose 141's will never win any awards in the style dept :) I always prefer wood veneer if given an option:thmbsp:
  9. DaveElton

Would love to hear a pair of the KLH's, I have a pair of Bose 141's, that to my ears hold their own very well, even when tried in an unfairly large room. I know many here have not had favorable results with the 141's, but maybe I got a "good" pair ? :)
  10. DaveElton

Ah, ok, thank you:) Those look stunning! :)
  11. DaveElton

Wow Tom, Best Buy carried those? I didn't realize they carried the Monitor Line, Nice! :)
  12. DaveElton

what are your all time favorite AS speakers?

KLH 6's here also, and Cizek Model 1's
  13. DaveElton

Legacy Caps

Oh yes, Pembrook Welsh Corgis ARE British Royality:yes: Just ask mine (Sophie) She will confirm that, and "She is Unanimous in that! " :D
  14. DaveElton

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary, a non-professional review

Yes, that was the thread..seems to be an isolated incident, I hope, given the general good impressions of build quality and so forth that owners in this thread have had.
  15. DaveElton

:sigh: That stinks....I've been following this thread trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a pair of the Denton's here. Although you are the first to mention any problems like this on AK, in my google searching, I did turn up 1 or 2 threads regarding quality issues. I sure hope...
  16. DaveElton

Legacy Caps

Welsh Corgi's are special friends:yes: Sophie (in my pics above) is now just a year old, and while not quite as fluffy as most Corgi's, (she was the runt of the litter) is a dear little soul. Things really get fun when she tries to "help" me move and hook various speakers up lol. They are truly...
  17. DaveElton

Legacy Caps

Not to "thread crap"....but I love your choice in dogs :yes:
  18. DaveElton

Optimus T-200, well sort of...wave guide maybe?

Wow..that is "nuts"...I paid no where even near that for mine last spring, and they were well taken of by their previous owner. I think as you said, perhaps some sellers are looking in on "Us" and that auction site for those prices
  19. DaveElton

Optimus T-200, well sort of...wave guide maybe?

Those cabs are beautifull :) :) There is a guy about 90 min from here who has a pair of T-200's for sale, from the pic all drivers look original. He is asking a crazy $650 for them however...
  20. DaveElton

Bose 601 II journey...

Mine have the same color variation as well. Nice work Copa!!!!!:thmbsp:
  21. DaveElton

Been following this very interesting thread for a while here. :) I may have missed it, but can someone tell me how the Denton's compare with the Diamond 10.2? I realize that the Denton's are "vintage voiced", but any other major comparisons?
  22. DaveElton

Legacy Caps

Good to hear!:thmbsp: It will be interesting to hear your impressions after a recap. The woofer on the Legacy 3 was mounted up higher on the baffle than the Legacy 1, or 2 (and the cab is taller/more narrow) so one would think that out of the bunch, the 3 would have better resolution..unless it...
  23. DaveElton

Realistic Mach 2 mods

:yes: The mach 2's are a much more "open" sounding speaker without those grills. The decency of the midrange driver has jumped up a few bars in my opinion, it really is a better unit in this application that I had thought it was with the grills removed.
  24. DaveElton

Legacy Caps

I hear you..clarity isn't what I would say is superb on the Legacy 3's compared to some other speakers in my stable as well, but with me, I would rather take "sins of omission " over sins of commission. And yes, Cornwalls are in a totally different class:music:
  25. DaveElton

Legacy Caps

Hopefully that glue isn't as tough as it looks. Just curious, do you find your 3's to be a little soft or dark sounding? Mine as I said, compared to the Legacy 2's are....I think the tweeter is the same, however the woofer isn't...I'm wondering if the Legacy 3 woofer isn't able to carry the...
Back
Top Bottom