Search results

1. R

Pioneer SX 780 issues...lights up no sound !!!

Pioneer SX 780 issues...lights up no sound !!! I know this has probably been gone over before but is there a very economical fix to this how much and what does it take? 2 problems: no sound from headphones or speakers and the far left light is burnt out....the fuses dont look burnt(if they...
  2. R

Is Tape Player worth fixing?

:scratch2:What would make a tape player play fast only when you hit play instead of regular speed it is a Pioneer CT 6R.....Then I have a Pioneer CS 940 that wont play at all.....are these worth fixing. Or should they go to the dump? Are there any usable parts in these?:tresbon:
  3. R

Kenwood KR8040 Receiver questions?

Is this receiver worth holding onto or should I sell to trade up....I currently have a JVC RX 815V receiver thats kinda similar....seems to me the JVC is a lil nicer...I havent had the Kenwood long enough to know if I should rid and just keep the JVC.....any help would be much appreciated...
  4. R

KLH 915b or Pioneer CS9000a speakers which is better ? any opinions on these...

I have a set of KLH 915b speakers bought back around 1996.....I also got a set of 1983-84 era Pioneers CS 9000a speakers.......I am running a vintage 70's model Sansui 5000x Receiver and a 90's model JVC RX 815V receiver.....I am having a tough time deciding which of these sets is worth holding...
  5. R

Pioneer PL 8 Turntable need info reviews !!!!

I picked up another backup turntable Pioneer PL 8 Turntable circa 1980.....I have a PL 740....they look very similar both straight arm tables....the PL 8 has a very heavy metal bottom as compared to the PL 740 later early eighties models with plastic bottom...anyone have any info or specs or...
  6. R

What is Better Receiver JVC 815 or Kenwood KR8040 ??

I have these 2 receivers they seem rather similar, but I am wondering if anyone has experience with any of these 2 receivers. Which is better and why? I cant hardly find any info as far as specs go on the web with these 2 or hardly any reviews.
  7. R

Sansui 5000x receiver question with static???

I was lucky enough to land a Vintage Sansui 5000x receiver this week in great shape for $85, however when playing music it has a static noise out of the right speaker. When volume is turned down it is not heard. I have taken apart and gently cleaned to no avail. This is not the receiver with the...
  8. R

Sanyo Plus Q50 or Pioneer PL 740 with original cartridge and stylus MC5

Sanyo Plus Q50 or Pioneer PL 740 with original cartridge and stylus MC5...of these two turntables which is better and why and anyone have any opinions on best sounding etc.
  9. R

What is Better Receiver JVC 815 or Kenwood KR8040 ??

I have these to 90s model Home Theater Receivers and am wondering which is better at the Home Theater aspect and which is better just using as a plain 4 speaker stereo system?
  10. R

Pioneer component system circa 83-84

I ran across an add $20 for stereo it was a Pioneer that included a pl 740 turntable with original Pioneer PL 740 with original cartridge and stylus MC5 in EX shape, 2 CS A9000 Speakers in EX shape, TX940 Tuner, CT940 Tape Player, and a SA1040 receiver, also came with speaker stands the original...
Back
Top Bottom