Search results

1. Scroller

Akai GXC-39D Belt kits?

I might as well bump this again! I have a nice GXC 39-D sitting in the garage that I picked up in a thrift store a long time ago for next to nothing and it's in amazingly good shape. With all the recent time on my hands I thought I'd open it up and have a look. I am guessing, all it needs are...
  2. Scroller

What tv show are you currently binging?

Better Call Saul on Netflix. I loved Breaking Bad but for some reason, never got around to this one. It's very good!
  3. Scroller

Today's Accordion Music Playlist

Dino Saluzzi ~ Kultrum (ECM, '83) W. Germany
  4. Scroller

Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

The Owl Service ~ Garland Sessions (Stone Tape Recordings, 2012) EU It was because of pmsummer's posts that I checked these guys out and ended up loving them. I know there are a handful of fans here. They are doing a vinyl Kickstarter project if anyone is interested . . ...
  5. Scroller

Today's Bluegrass Playlist

Alan Munde ~ Alan Munde's Banjo Sandwich (Ridge Runner, '75) US
  6. Scroller

Today's classical playlist

Beethoven/Pablo Casals ~ Sonata for Violincello and Klavier (Dacapo)
  7. Scroller

Today's classical playlist

Volker David Kirchner ~ MISSA Moguntina (Wergo, '93) Germany
  8. Scroller

Best Album Title!

Modest Mouse has some good ones . . . No One's First, And You're Next
  9. Scroller

Recommend Some Jazz Featuring Great Upright Bass

There's tons but Ray Brown on the recording with Duke Ellington, This One's For Blanton is particularly outstanding. :music: The room sound is captured as well. This is the black & white booklet that comes with the first vinyl pressing, but the original CD sounds awesome too and it's cheap.
  10. Scroller

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Camel ~ A Live Record (Decca, '78) UK
  11. Scroller

Can you recommend some (real) instrumental country?

Got that right! :thmbsp:
  12. Scroller

Can you recommend some (real) instrumental country?

You mention Roy Clark. Do you have this one? The "Lightning Fingers" in the title is NOT an exaggeration! Even has the subtlest touch of reverb-y psyche/surf in there, too.
  13. Scroller

What Beatles Album are you hearing today

From The Beatles In Mono box: Help! Disc 2 of the Mono Masters Probably beating a dead horse here but every time I pull out this box for a listening session, I can't help but marvel at what a gorgeous and perfectly packaged box set this is. Hands down, the best box set I've ever seen.
  14. Scroller

Late 70's Bubblegum

My rule of thumb when it comes to records that I am only marginally interested in and thus will rarely be played, is to only keep them if they are in NM condition. Anything less, they are purged!
  15. Scroller

Vinyl only spin list

Calvin Keys ~ Shawn-Neeq (Black Jazz, '71) US, 2012 reissue
  16. Scroller

Vinyl only spin list

Mercury Rev ~ All Is Dream (V2, '01) UK
  17. Scroller

Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

Espers ~ Espers II (Drag City, '06) US
  18. Scroller

I found one of my holy grail pressings today!

Congrats. :thmbsp: A fantastic album, and it looks real nice.
  19. Scroller

Today's Sackbut, Shawm, and Crumhorn Playlist.

I think we have a winner for the most appropriate selection in this entire thread! ;)
  20. Scroller

Today's JAZZ playlist

Charles Lloyd ~ Dream Weaver (Atlantic, '66) US mono
  21. Scroller

today's AMBIENT selection

:thmbsp: Yes, it is wonderful stuff indeed. I always wanted to add some Pauline Oliveros to the collection and and I finally did. The improvs on here morph into thick sound collages, and move and swell in many different directions. Fantastic. I'll be picking up more. :D
  22. Scroller

today's AMBIENT selection

Deep Listening Band ~ Octagonal Polyphony (Imprec, '12) US MASTERDISK w/Pauline Oliveros. Trombone, didjeridu, Tibetan bells, other bells, conch, piano, flutes, accordion, Roland V.
  23. Scroller

Bo Hansson ~ Attic Thoughts (Sire, '76) US
  24. Scroller

Le Orme ~ Storia O Leggenda (Philips, '77) Italy
Back
Top Bottom