Search results

1. jt45

living back on my homeplace thank goodness i still got a decent piece or two of gear to keep...

living back on my homeplace thank goodness i still got a decent piece or two of gear to keep this old farm a going
  2. jt45

What is your Avatar??

Mitsu M-A01 amp and a Mitsu M-P01 pre-amp
  3. jt45

my new office setup -- all AK

Hey thanks for replying to my question, since your using a brick PS feedback loop issues would be null and void making your amp a nice option for what I was hoping to set her up with, I appreciate you taking a moment to fill me in on the specifics of its power source in particular, its always...
  4. jt45

Quantum Jr. Dome midrange

I used to fix the midrange domes on a old set of Infintys I restored a few years back, while it is a tedious little job, a few improvements by fellow members were added to a thread i use to have here at AK, Pictures were used as much as possible to help, I have found that pics are much better in...
  5. jt45

Consensus on best all around vintage speakers?

Gosh been a long time since I posted an opinion about the speakers I like but to the OP one thing that really kinda mixes any advice about good or best (to each listener) is the room size and envirement of your listening space, so many things can make one brand good or great or even sound...
  6. jt45

Returning after a long break

Hello everyone, Ive been gone for a long time but wanted to say hello and that i hope to get a chance to reconnect with some of the great folks here at AK, As life and health issues kinda took me off course for a few years, I look forward to chatting with old friends as well as meeting new...
  7. jt45

my new office setup -- all AK

Hi Rogerfederer I was wondering did you put the amp together as a do it yourself project ? And have you had a chance to use a source using ac power, im curious if this amp might be ok using a PC as the source, im putting together a simple solution for my sister and the current older mini hitachi...
  8. jt45

Replacing 1100uf non-polar cap

I dont know if this is helpful, but I have a couple left over from a recap I did on some QLS1s I used to have. Your more than welcome to have them if you want. I dont have any use for them anymore. I never tested them but the Speakers worked before the recap. You can shoot me a PM anytime. Its...
  9. jt45

Infinitesimal vs Modulus comparison

Good to know, I haven,t been looking on the bay in quite some time. I did take a look a couple of days ago for something else (speaker related) and the layout had changed. When did they start grouping speakers like they do ipods, etc etc ? Anyway thanks for the info, Ive never seen a pair of...
  10. jt45

Infinity Crescendo CS3006 - Resurrection!

Hey Tubed, I think I used that black glue that was sent with the kit on this refoam job. Im not sure what brand or type it is, I know ive used it on a couple of different refoam projects and it seems a little harder to work with than the typical white glue I usually get from Rick. So many...
  11. jt45

Hadn,t thought about that yet, Ive seen it work on some big drivers though. Seems like I did that with some big Watkins that worked for a short while that way. Not much to those little IMG mids to sag but its worth a shot. I dont hear it during movies but if I switch over to 2 channel and some...
  12. jt45

Infinitesimal vs Modulus comparison

Always wanted a set of those Infinitesimal. Probably one of the best little speakers ever built. Not too many of those around these days.
  13. jt45

Well shucks after being off AK for a spell, I popped in to put in a good word on the Cressendo line and Lo and behold the Mid on one of mine starts acting up. Seems like its picked up a little VC rub that shows up on some vocals. Without starting a new thread Im wondering now if that surround...
  14. jt45

I agree, I beefed up the bracing a little bit on mine and added a little more fill here and there. Considering the relatively mediocre quality of the drivers. Im always surprised by just how good a job they do in Multi-use situations. I tend to keep mine running in my HT setup the most, I think...
  15. jt45

Those 3006s should serve you well, Ive been running a set of 3007s I refoamed for awhile now.Easy to drive with a nice balanced sound. Ive had higher end speakers that didn,t stick around nearly as long. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have the 3007s. Best Regards JT
  16. jt45

Monoprice 8320 earphones

Thanks for that tip, I keep a few pairs of those here at work I will give that a shot.
  17. jt45

Monoprice 8320 earphones

Ordered 2 pair myself just for kicks, from the reviews Im seeing they are worth picking up for sure. Not sure how much I will use them but I occasionally wish I had some IEMs for my phone when Im on the road or away from the house. Thanks for the tip guys ! Probably end up with the wife or...
  18. jt45

John Carter

I agree, I read the series more than once growing up and the books had something extra in the way the story was told, of course times were somewhat different 40 yrs ago when I read them and even much more so when they were written. The publics take on science fiction has changed somewhat as well...
  19. jt45

The Walking Dead returns tonight!

Great episode, a little crazy but as usual just enough hooks to keep you wondering WTF !
  20. jt45

720p-600hz for HD dish viewing?

Standard Def channels look really bad on my Toshiba HDTV also. I have charter cable and use HDMI from the cable box to my AVR and then on to the TV. HD channels look fine and I very rarely switch over to standard channels except for some sports like CSS wich isn't the best anyway. I guess most...
  21. jt45

John Carter

Here you go. Only books I ever read that I liked as a kid besides. (where the red fern grows) 1 A Princess of Mars 2 The Gods of Mars 3 The Warlord of Mars 4 Thuvia, Maid of Mars 5 The Chessmen of Mars 6 The Master Mind of Mars 7 A Fighting Man of Mars 8 Swords of Mars 9...
  22. jt45

Is anyone else a fan of the Netflix series Lilyhammer???

Looks interesting I will check it out, thanks !
  23. jt45

Help me identify these speakers.

Gone now.
  24. jt45

Watkins woofer white paper

Pete B just curious about that 35 grams of mass added behind the dust cap, would that be the white material in the quick pic below of a Watkins woofer on a QLS1 I did some work on ? Looks like caulk !
  25. jt45

Really small rear channel speakers

Mirage has some nice small speakers http://www.miragespeakers.com/na-en/products/bookshelf/ I use a set of the OMD5s in one of my systems and they are excellent.
Back
Top Bottom