Search results

1. frankxbe

E.H. Scott monoblocks

Sold nice tube amp eye candy on the same page here :Link Link
  2. frankxbe

Seeburg "Trashcan" Classic Symphonia! - With Pictures!

I had Seeburg 100B 4 6V6 parallel push pull and 15" electromagnet speaker (way back in the late 60's very early 70's . It sounded decent as long as the record/stylus was OK those things (Seeburg 100 Selectomatic 45 rpm sides /50 records verticle ) could be record grinders though. IIRC the...
  3. frankxbe

NEW TO ME,MODDED ALTEC 14's

^^^^ oh yea thats tube candy right there wait till you hook the Fisher up ! then tell us what kind of ear candy with both woofers Goodmans vs the OE Altec perhaps but the Goodmans on the Fisher as soon as time allows ? What's The big Pioneer in back there.... looks familiar I have an SX 980...
  4. frankxbe

The FIFA Corruption Scandal

Who didn't get paid all of a sudden ?
  5. frankxbe

The FIFA Corruption Scandal

Only difference from FIFA and here in the US is corruption is usually not looked at much by any particular administration or legislative body or regulatory agency..... unless it's of or in the opposing political party of course :) Andyman, Good question bribry has been the norm at FIFA since...
  6. frankxbe

About Hires vs 16/44 from one of the best in the business

Since you brought that up and it's s good of you to remind me . I recently deleted some posts and moved others from the anybody loving Tidal subject . I started a new thread in the Digital PC HT sub forum even though I was responding to off topic posts the Tidal subject thread and not...
  7. frankxbe

I think we can find some common ground here I've always thought your posts are good over the time I've been here ..:D I think what the video should have mentioned more emphatically is: 99% of the time a CD sounds bad or not as good as it should is a marketing (or other) compromised mix...
  8. frankxbe

There was* a lot more research* than Shannon Nyquist at Sony.inc and Philips *far beyond what *you have stated here . We know what healthy humans can and can not hear fundamentally at each extreme and emotion has*nothing* to do with that it's physical and biological science . . The...
  9. frankxbe

something to ponder, If you think additional information [data bits or bit depth] as it applies here in a given bandwidth below an acceptable noise floor and above an acceptable amplitude loudness point ( that being RBCD 16/44 ) on a good recording /mix is generally *better* you clearly do...
  10. frankxbe

While I Appreciate your attempt to support your position without knowing the *exect* chain of custody of the data files and the sources and or provenience from inception to download and the complete methodology it's not valid . I don't give much credence to those kind of magazines or...
  11. frankxbe

His presentation may not be that best and he did make some technical errors. errors I missed when I casually watched it while multitasking on an adjacent screen but the end result of his advice was fine . I suspect judging from our prior interactions you *may not* understand all this much...
  12. frankxbe

I'm going to make an assumption since you insist on re defining the boundaries here and qualify a few things including statistically valid results . **(outside of casual listening ) **which do not count in these discussions . ** ^^^^^ I've probably made ( have acquired and sampled and...
  13. frankxbe

I was just tying keep* this thread* from ending up like all all the predictable vitriolic signal cable and power cable debates here that ultimately get closed . I'm trying to stick to supportable scientific facts without presumably unqualified anecdotal opinions (without supporting argument...
  14. frankxbe

No nothing to do with the video or CPU or hdd vs a text based HTML page or the file/format size which is ultimately determined for retransmission in the end by Youtube anyway . Maybe re read the topic or opening post if you need to it's very clear (that's the science I'm referring) to...
  15. frankxbe

Originally Posted by House de Kris View Post Uh, wait a second here. I read the OP and it is not clear exactly what we can or cannot post in this thread I was not soliciting unqualified anecdotal opinions nor did I present any only [fact based scientific discussion and supporting arguments...
  16. frankxbe

He's Probably not worried about *his* hdd space or upload bandwidth (that could all be on Pro tools ? or other ) .....maybe consider his intended novice audience instead with bedroom studio kit from Guitar Center ?
  17. frankxbe

Sure don't follow his advice (I just watched it half heartedly yesterday ) and may have missed some things why not study the science ?
  18. frankxbe

^^^^sure those are the facts as I understand them if he did misrepresent the above I must have missed (I was multi tasking ) ofc he's not my source of information or study by a country mile in fact that was the *only*video I ever watched of his on a recommendation from a family member and...
  19. frankxbe

Maybe you aren't familiar with *just who * narrated the video or don't understand digital signal sampling and reconstruction ? ProTools.......... That's why it's an industry standard ...beyond a point with adequate plugins and VST it's not *what you use* it's more *how you use it * and we...
  20. frankxbe

His bit depth explanation might not be thorough as to*exactly* what bit depth represents i.e . loudness intervals and bandwidth on a digital wave form but the jist of it is fine IMO and many other folks that know a lot more than I do . I didn't see where the video was at odds with the...
  21. frankxbe

What's Your Work System?

^^^^ that *all* should be real decent especially with a Modi
  22. frankxbe

What's Your Work System?

I'll have to check it out if it's on tidal Hi Fi could be that I recently found out they even have the stuff we made the beats for and recorded then dubbed in the recorded vocals for for up there ...never know who's going to pick it up. I knew it was up at Amazon and iTunes etc and on CD...
  23. frankxbe

What's Your Work System?

Interesting I just edited my post above in case you haven't seen the final result and might want to comment . I will say for the most part I enjoyed high scool and college in between shenanigans and cramming for exams way back when : I met a lot of wonderful educators then and more recently...
Back
Top Bottom