Search results

1. AK 47

Tuner aerial advice

coax S connector is for 75 ohm coax cable matched to a 75 ohm ariel (as a yagi)........the screw type are for twin lead 300 ohm as a folded diapole. A simple diapole would use the 75 ohm S conn. 59 Volvo......the best car I have ever owned, hands down!:D
  2. AK 47

Technics SA-6000X help

first time I've seen that type of hook up coding......but it's obvious to me that stereo hook-up uses the top set of both red for left/right, +/_ as marked. for 4 ch the circled red is for front speakers (conventional red+, blk _) and the circled yellow for rear speakers (conventional...
  3. AK 47

New to me Technics SU-8600 & ST-8600

http://analogattitudes.freeforums.org/technics-su-8600-volume-de-ox-by-drilling-t207.html much easier and worked like a charm on mine.....
  4. AK 47

Hi Sammy. You still doing your Technics Forum? I love my T stuff and miss the old forum that...

Hi Sammy. You still doing your Technics Forum? I love my T stuff and miss the old forum that went belly up :(, Chuck......and a Merry Christmas to you
  5. AK 47

Fm transmitter don't really know where this belongs

I use this one (without the BS computer software), feed a TEAC receiver in the living room, A Technics ST 9030 in the bedroom and a garage portable. Works wonderful transmitting 20mw but one notch down (10mw) just white noise at the tuners (it's adjustable 0-1 watt). Pumps Pandora to the listed...
  6. AK 47

Capacitors in parallel?

yes, if the fit mechanically
  7. AK 47

my set up from down under

you run some stuff I only can dream about! Interesting set up with prime front back separates:scratch2:.........I would love to see it and better yet hear it, best of listening! Chuck
  8. AK 47

Amplifier spike

just about has to be DC to the speaker.....when power supply initially builds to B+ when turned on, to 0 when switched off.
  9. AK 47

Scratchy sound coming from speaker

my CV had the same sounds.......my daughters ferret thought the rear port was put there just for him:tears:
  10. AK 47

My sound set-up

I wonder if those are stock feet on your TT? Very nice, comfortable looking listening space:thmbsp:
  11. AK 47

My sound set-up

you seem to have some really nice and extremely interesting stuff:thmbsp: I hope you will post some pic's and maybe a review......Thanx much in advance, Chuck
  12. AK 47

Home FM transmitter..........

what I plan on trying is to remove the antenna and BNC a 50 ohm wire wound in it's place and put my folded diapole Crane back on my tuner:yes::no:and see if that might work:music: Chuck
  13. AK 47

Songs that move you...

Starry Starry Night..........Don McLean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79U7tPyh9o&feature=related
  14. AK 47

good point (only preemphasis)......should be a matter of a small capacitor, huh? Do I just use the standard TC equation?:scratch2: Chuck
  15. AK 47

I'll chuck it (after operating). Hi EW. I've moved from Parma (and wonderful Boise State Radio) to Arizona.......if I was still in Parma I wouldn't need anything but Boise Public Radio....used it 'only' for 15 years.
  16. AK 47

..don't care much if the adaptor turns gernade as long as the unit lasts.:scratch2:.......second hand store are full of 12 v converters and I proly have a few kicking around. I don't need melt down power and I will make it legal. Legal should cover home + yard? The one piece of equipment I...
  17. AK 47

I just ordered one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100mW-500mW-Power-adj-76-108Mhz-Home-FM-TRANSMITTER-/330467454757 I know it seems a little primitive and the price is low but it seems to have the tech I want and it matches my vintage set-up more than most. I also like the look of...
  18. AK 47

What's the one piece of equipment that you'll never give up?

.....my Technics ST 9030.....even tho there are not a lot of listening options in Colden Valley, Az (classical). I will soon be transmitting my own FM station tunes:D, just for my love of this tuner!:yes:
  19. AK 47

Carver Jumpers

yup......remove the jumper bars and run your SAE into the Carvers main in.:yes: enjoy and don't lose those valuable jumper bars!
  20. AK 47

Amplified classical music in theatre

The great thing about live concert hall music is that it, pretty much, describes the buildings size, volume and accoustics by its sound ! :thmbsp:
  21. AK 47

Technics SU-V909 no output

A 120 w/channel Technics Integrated Amp should have pre out main in's. They would not be grouped with input RCA's, but are usually located toward the center of the amp.........:scratch2: Check it out again:yes: Chuck
  22. AK 47

Technics SU-V909 no output

This is usually a case of missing jumper (solid bars) that connect the pre-out to the Main in. If the bars are missing (which is the usual on second hand integrated amps) just put a pair of RCA jumpers from pre-out to main in. Good luck, Chuck
  23. AK 47

New Here, technics vintage Solid states System

have a silver and black SU 8600 a black ST 9030 and a SL 1300 vinyl spinner and I have been totally satisfied for over 20 years with these super reliable jewels......:D:thmbsp:
  24. AK 47

I installed banana jacks on Vintage Marantz receiver!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:no::nono::tears:
  25. AK 47

Magnavox CDB-473

Dr Tinear......thanx much for the straight forward, intelligent and logical approach to you response. I think i must look up more of your threads because this is what this forum is about (to me) :thmbsp: Chuck
Back
Top Bottom