Search results

1. M

could somebody help me design a crossover for altec 808+ 3156?

hi, i'm trying to mate those two drivers together with 808 in a 500 type horn, and also add a super tweeter of yet decided model. what crossover should i go with, or better yet anything already published? thanks.
  2. M

help me id this amp please

ah the listing's been removed.
  3. M

help me id this amp please

http://soriaudio.com/html/sell_market/sub.php?unit_page=40&mode=view&forum_id=audio&keyfield=&key=&uid=13142574584e55fa32d8009&page=1&divpage=41 what amp is this? the seller says he doesn't know the brand. i can pick it up locally for aprox. $300. thanks in advance.
  4. M

Luxman M-300 for 400 euro?

oh my god i got to demo one today at a store today and it was a true beast. dynamics off the imagination! i could literally feel every throat growl of the singer, which was not possible with the other amps that i tried (thorens, sumo). but that was the thing, the voices all came off throaty...
  5. M

Looking for opinions on Chinese SE EL34 Amp

Post edited by moderator.. Get this thread back on track guy's.. No more discussing whether amps made somewhere are crap. (everyone's had there say, do not add or respond any further) --------------------------------- End of moderated post..
  6. M

MingDa MC34AB Problem

have you ever compared the wiring to ones pictured on the web? fake mingdas do go around, according to the official meixing website. you could've gotten one retrofitted with bunk transformers and that would be making all the difference. i'd say return the amp. if the sound didn't blow away at...
  7. M

lol persil have you ever even been to china, or owned a chinese amp? when you have any experience of your own then maybe you can justify categorizing mine as 'bashing'. but since you're the kind of guy who'd take anything home even if they're bound to stink up your house, i doubt we'll be coming...
  8. M

Luxman MQ70- anyone know anything about it?

you should see it naked, with the cover off. man does it look high end :) the sound is about as ultra linear as it gets, though. now i have to have warm preamp otherwise all i have is a super smooth ultra resolutioned ss amp ;P
  9. M

really, you think i started buying them because i didn't like the sound of chinese amps? :rolleyes: you're looking at it backwards.
  10. M

^can't say i know about that brand. my gripe is with amps mostly where high heat is involved. I still used a chinese dac (lite 60) that i have no complaints about. it's when the components are heated up to a threshold that the problems surface. the brands i mentioned include jolida, mingda...
  11. M

Luxman MQ70- anyone know anything about it?

i just purchased this last night. (lol it was actually at midnight when i arrived at the seller's house -it was that good a deal to be losing out on) the sound is.. well, very japanese. it feels like that straight wire with a gain philosophy of sansui applied to the tubes. there's only the...
  12. M

eh i wouldn't advise it. in fact i recommend against chinese amps if you value your health. because with the amp, your indoor air quality is gonna go way south and east to where it resembles that of a chinese factory. yes, all chinese amps, since i really did try most major brands there are...
  13. M

that sweet sticky phenolic pcb smell... is it bad for you?

hi, this doesn't exactly pertain to just ss electronics per say, since the one i get this smell from is a fisher 400 tube amp. but i thought i would land my question where theres most traffic. you know what i'm talking about- that flowery antique musk you get from many vintage amps. the smell...
  14. M

Fisher 400 high level inputs

how is it that i'm able to get a sound through 'tape-mon' connection when my selector's at 'aux-tape'? and why does that config have much volume than when my interconnects are simply at 'aux-tape'? also, when i bring up the volume to about equal levels, the sound through 'tape-mon' connection...
  15. M

where is the mullard in your 400?

sigh, i need help rolling tubes in my just acquired fisher 400. more specifically, i need help putting the tubes back in their respectful places. i read on a thread here that 'the trick is to put a telefunken in v101' for the 400 receiver (i wish i had saved that for linking) if so, is there a...
  16. M

In a Fisher 400 which is gain 12ax7 and which is tone?

no it has not. i know i should take it to a techie but i'm just too busy loving every minute of the sound! :D good news is, it came with a silicone rectifier. my only gripe with the amp is that it's not really doing that 3d imaging. i get a decent soundstage but nothing holographic. is that to...
  17. M

thanks larry, good to know. I swapped out v10 for v101 just then. v10 was a no mark but presumably telefunken and v101 a sure mullard. the surprise was that when the mullard went into v10 slot, the sound became oversaturated and grainy. i took them out after 20 min and put the mullard in v11...
  18. M

hi, sorry to be bumping up an old thread but i have a further question on the diagram- what's the function of audio amp section on the drawing? v100,101,102 tubes- are they also part of preamp including v10? and which 12ax7 do you think would impact the sound most by rolling if the amp's being...
  19. M

my little system...

tasty decors, man. charming little system. :thumbsup:
  20. M

NEW! Chinese-made (PRC) Xindak R2R tape recorder

have you even read through my thread? i have no need to argue about whether it's a better performer than western competitors or not. i already answered that. you disagreeing to my agreement is as dumb as backing up your's with opinions of others; especially when they're paid reviews. and you...
  21. M

^^really, such a negated scenario you form on someone else's situation you know nothing about should only be considered as a tasteless sarcasm at best. and i doubt you could've done better so i'll just leave it at that. but if you must know how much of a hypocrite you seemed to me there, it's...
  22. M

nor is your reasoning sound. i made well intentioned posts sorely for the contribution to OP's subject before art decided to blunder with an off-putting remark. he told me that i wasn't looking at the bigger picture when i knew exactly what i was talking about and probably better than him...
  23. M

lol are you kidding me? i owned mc34ab, mc7r, mc82a, cayin 742d after browsing with various models in their lineup. opera consonance m100s, yaqin el34(ab)? (i forget the model name now, not that i care about it), and a few others. the point is, i wasn't lying about my experience with various...
  24. M

you stay baffling also. and it should be either 'mine' or 'theirs'. i'll let you figure that one out yourself.
  25. M

I mean this is what's baffling to me. Yes, I was only talking about chinese brands- because that's my choice and it's what's most relevant to the thread subject. and i certainly wasn't trying to chime in on the side discussion. i merely noted that your pictures were excellent quality and went...
Back
Top Bottom