Search results

1. H

New Schiit Saga - Passive preamp

I don't know your budget but try the Khozmo passive pre from Poland, you can get it with or without a remote, dual mono,rca or xlr.You can have the resistance set to your amp.You will not be disappointed rivals many very expensive pre amps.I have one it is amazing! You can order online shipping...
  2. H

Complete 70s AKAI System

System-Hawthorne drivers/Home made baffles/Khozmo passive pre/Channel Island mono blocks/Rega cdp/Thorens table/Sumiko Evo 3 cartridge.
  3. H

What Speakers can reproduce all the most difficult sounds properly? Voice Piano etc

Hi, you need to decide what sounds best for you.I have had and listened to many speakers over the last 30 years hear is my list all very good with human voice and piano some of these are old but good.Boston/Magnaplanar/Advent/. Totem/Dahlquist/Castle.These I have owned, if you can find a pair...
  4. H

Opinions on quality speakers on a budget...

Hi, try older castle speakers very nice,Boston speakers,Advent speakers I have had them all very good, older B&W can't go wrong.Try as many as you can listen to the mid range(voice) your ears will tell you which one is for you.You don't need bags of money to find a good speaker.Enjoy the search
  5. H

Help a newbie out: what should I look for?

Do you want good loud or annoying loud,you can make any speaker go loud but if you want good loud cheap look for a pair of old advent,castles or Boston acoustics,make sure the woofer foam sorounds are in good shape or have been replaced.You should be able to find the old advents for about $180...
  6. H

What TT's do you folks have

Turntable Now have a Thorens TD 160 mk 2 with a sumiko evo 3 cartridge:thmbsp: which was a real pain to install but once in sounds very good through a jj electronics 243 pre amp:thmbsp: and an ancient HK citation 16s amp:music:.
  7. H

Old-timers, only: How has your speaker preference changed with age?

Improved Ears Over the years first a samll green speaker and turntable combo from Eatons Canada,then Boston acoustics,then klipsch heresey,then mordaunt short as you can see my hearing is starting to improve,then magneplaner,then totem model 1 ,and now I have gone back to a old pair of coffee...
  8. H

JJ 243 Pre Amp

Does anyone have suggestions for tubes for the jj 243 pre I just purchased sounds great:banana: but may sound better with the right tubes.:thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom