Search results

1. sachu888

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

You can also try opa1642 with SMD to DIP adapter. Regards Sachin
  2. sachu888

Never faced any hiss issue with this. I have built some of them in plastics and even in wooden enclosures, all were dead silent no hum or hiss. Try changing to another opamps if that solves the issue. Regards Sachin
  3. sachu888

Hi CNC phonostage PCB dimensions 107 mm* 76 mm Power supply 100 mm* 63 mm Regards Sachin
  4. sachu888

Another one built Regards Sachin
  5. sachu888

ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

This time a bad RCA cable. I have changed the cable and it’s started working again. However I messed up with headshell, the plastic slider where cart screws are mounted is broken. I tried to glue it but tits not sliding anymore with headshell screw turning freely. Does anyone know the source...
  6. sachu888

I have cleaned all the contacts with IPA and later with pencil eraser. The new cart is Technics EPC 207C. it was good for a day as I listened it with 4-5 albums that day. I started it again today, but it was all buzz/hum in left channel and sound only in Right channel. I did not get time to...
  7. sachu888

Dear team I am having issues again ,left channel again out. I can hear the buzz in left channel as like earlier problem. I am afraid that my TT is ruining my carts. Is this even possible? Regards Sachin
  8. sachu888

Hi Guys thanks for your help. It turned out to be a bad cartridge. I was bought used in mint condition. I mounted it first time while checking this TT. I have changed the cart and it started working fine. Regards Sachin
  9. sachu888

Hi Did swap the RCAs and they are fine. The left channel from TT side is having issue. Preamp is ok too. I have again checked the continuity (beep on DMM) from TT RCAs to RCA cable. The left channel ground from TT side showing continuity with right channel RCA cable, but no continuity between TT...
  10. sachu888

I did check the continuity from headshell to RCA and it's fine. Regards Sachin
  11. sachu888

Hi I am having a left channel drop issue with my Elac 750 II. I did all the basic checks like continuty, cart, headshell connectors cleaning etc, but issue still persists. I have read here that issue could be with muting switch. I have cleaned them with IPA and pencil eraser. They look Ok to me...
  12. sachu888

You can mount them on panel. Regards Sachin
  13. sachu888

You may try swapping Opamps. I would suggest in same types of pairs. There are some members posted their experience about mix n match opamps, but they always returned to having same opamps in both stages. For start, you can try NE5532 in both the stages as you already have them. Regards Sachin
  14. sachu888

Hi Mark Please Measure the voltage on big power resistors wrt central ground. if input is okay and same on -ve and +ve rail then we have to check soldering of all pins of preset in that line. Regards Sachin
  15. sachu888

Hi Mark I suggest you to check solder joints. there could be some dry solder on one of the cap or diode. Please re do all the joins with hot solder gun. This type of issue never happened before. Regards Sachin
  16. sachu888

Hi Mark I am doubtful about transformer connections. Regulators don't go bad so easily. Please measure the voltage on unregulated tabs on Power supply PCB. It should be near to +/-17 VDC. Please post close up pics of your transformer rating and connection with power supply. Please cross check...
  17. sachu888

I have a doubt about regulators. Can you check again left regulator on your pic should be LM317 and right LM 337. Please find a pic again for easy reference Regards Sachin
  18. sachu888

Ok!! One basic question, how are you measuring. Black probe should be on middle three pin connector, and red one on either side for positive and negative reading. Regards Sachin
  19. sachu888

Please check whether one regulator is LM317 and other one is LM337. Regards Sachin
  20. sachu888

Hi Mark You need to adjust the output voltage using onboard trimmers with multimeter and fine screwdriver. The voltage setting is given in the manual. Edit : There is one LM317 and another LM337 regulators. Please check whether they are correct. Regards Sachin
  21. sachu888

Happy Birthday sachu888!

Thanks everyone for warm wishes. Regards Sachin
  22. sachu888

Other improvement I can suggest to change current opamps with opa1642. They are SOIC so you will need it on SOIC to DIP adapters. Regards Sachin
  23. sachu888

Hi Billy Nice build. you can decrease the gain using higher value resisters in second stage. As you said you can replace those 150R resisters with something like 240 R or 330 R. The gain is actually not much. It's approx 40db. I think your line preamp could be of high gain or cartridge output is...
  24. sachu888

Affordable phono preamp suggestions

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/another-super-high-end-phono-stage-no-expense-spared.371889/ Regards Sachin
  25. sachu888

Looking for MC phono stage preamp with MM level ouotput

AD797 Phonostage designed by Hypnotoad is one of the best and can be built cheap with very good quality parts https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ad797-phono-stage-build-and-help-desk-thread.501186/ Regards Sachin
Back
Top Bottom