Search results

1. S

Happy Birthday at 1koolcat!

Happy Birthday, Peter!
  2. S

Marantz 2238b - Bass is stronger in right channel

I'll let someone else chime in on the offset issue... If it doesn't turn out to be the offset, check the loudness switch and clean it if needed.
  3. S

Happy Birthday M Jarve

Hope you're having a great day, Mike. Happy Birthday!
  4. S

Happy Birthday Similost

Happy Birthday
  5. S

Happy Birthay spartanmanor!

Happy Birthday
  6. S

881 Mono syndrome

You say it works fine for other sources. This points to the selector switch or the tuner board, or the connection between the two.
  7. S

Which speakers will mach my NAD 314?

Also consider the Radio Shack/Optimus Minimus 7, or the ADS 300.
  8. S

Which speakers will mach my NAD 314?

I've owned a 304 and 314. The dealer at the time also sold Psb, Klipsch, and Clements speakers, among others. I bought a pair of Clements 107di- 2-way ported with 6.5" woofer and 3/4" tweeter- and stands to set them on. When I traded up for the 314, I continued using the Clements. When I was...
  9. S

"Audio" magazine Oct. 1961 awesome pdf link

Neat. I wish someone would put all the issues of Audio, Stereo Review, etc. on the web, like they did with the Radio Shack catalog. Audio was also my favorite hifi magazine. I subscribed from '88 to the end.
  10. S

Butt ugly...But man they sound good..AR M2 Holographic speakers

Cousin of mine bought a pair of M2 with a Denon changer and receiver new in late summer of '91 or the spring of '92. We loved that system.
  11. S

Thanks for sharing- I enjoyed reading it. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.:yes:
  12. S

Haven't heard super high-end gear? Go listen - just do it.

I've heard the gamut from NAD to Krell and beyond. The ones that made me sit down were Red Rose Music, Conrad Johnson, Wadia, dpa, Meret Audio, and Clements. Clements was out of this world for the price(affordable), and a perfect match for NAD and vintage Yamaha. The climate has changed...
  13. S

Lucky week for me - Free Stuff (First tube amp)

That's one heck of a score.:thmbsp:
  14. S

Felix (catman)

If I understand correctly, he is also caregiver to his parents. I can't imagine what he goes through with all the factors he's dealing with. I enjoy his posts, and wish him nothing but the best. I'm glad he's doing ok and found something that gives him peace.
  15. S

Happy Birthday EchoWars

Happy Birthday, Glenn
  16. S

HB thedelihaus

Happy Birthday, Paul!
  17. S

Pandora/Michel Buble.....WTF

You can use the "add variety" feature to steer any station toward artists you want to hear.
  18. S

Happy Birthday DENNYDOG

Happy Birthday, Denny.
  19. S

Hi from a Seattle gal

Welcome!
  20. S

21st birthday

Woulda been 1998 for me. Probably Mt Dew or Pepsi. Figured I'd made it that far without imbibing, so there was no point in taking it up. Didn't like the taste of what little I'd tried, either. Just leaves more for the rest of you that do drink.:thmbsp:
  21. S

Best monkey coffins ever...

I'm thinking it's what was considered a medium to large bookshelf speaker. Think Large Advent, JBL L-100, etc.
  22. S

Best monkey coffins ever...

Of all the one I've heard, I'm gonna say Spendor BC-1.
  23. S

Is it easy to replace a belt on vintage Yamaha cd players

I've never been in one of these, so I have no idea. I had to replace the belt and pully/gear on an Arcam Alpha 5. It took me an hour because the whole thing had to come apart- face plate, dac, and transport all had to be removed. Only things that didn't have to come out were the power...
  24. S

OMG! Which Singer's Voice Makes You Want To Put A Nail Into Your Temple?

Barbra Streisand. Low and mellow she's fine, but when it gets dramatic... no thanks.
Back
Top Bottom