Search results

1. RamblinE

Bronco impressions are beginning to drop

And this thing looks cool as hell.
  2. RamblinE

Why is it so hard to find High End closed backs?

I want a bright headphone that’s closed back with nice speed and detail resolution. I am having a hard time finding good options. I’ve just raised my potential budget to $600. I am sending the Austrian Audio Hi-X55 back to B&H because the frequency response sounds just as jagged and uneven as...
  3. RamblinE

Confession time: Music themed

For the longest time I never understood why the Overture of 1812 existed. Like, why did Tchaikovsky care about the American war of 1812? Didn’t the Russians have their own shit going on? What are your confessions?
  4. RamblinE

Austrian Audio Hi-X55 vs.... what else?

Austrian Audio Hi-X55 vs... what else? I’m currently looking at the AA Hi-X55. I’ve got mostly open backs currently. For closed backs I have the AKG K550 and the AKG K371. The K550 sounds great and I really like it’s detail retrieval. However I have some issues with the fit as I wear glasses. I...
  5. RamblinE

Apple AirPods Max

Looks like impressions are starting to roll in. I really want to see some reviews and measurements. I don’t doubt that Apple has the audio chops to make something that sounds great. Over the last couple of years my approach to technology has been to try and do more with less. I found an...
  6. RamblinE

New burgeoning addiction, TWS

Two years ago: Got my wife and I Airpods. It's clear Apple is the ergonomic leader, at least when you're using one of their devices. The sound quality, is just, eh. Balanced, but not special. They don't do anything good or bad, or they just don't really stick out. They're great for hands free...
  7. RamblinE

How would you lift these KG2s up off the floor?

I was thinking about the wooden 12x9.5 inch crates from Herp Derpot. I would use rubber and cork feet between the speakers and the crates. I have a pair of monitor stands that look nice but would lift these particular speakers tooI am in a second floor corner apartment. If I lose a little bass...
  8. RamblinE

Vintage and Chifi streaming system

Hey all. My wife and I have been in the same spot for a while and will probably stay put until it's time to buy a house. Here's what we've got going on. It's pretty basic. Musical Paradise MP301 MkIII. I was able to get this amp lightly used. The original intention was to use it as a headphone...
  9. RamblinE

I didn’t think deals like this were still possible

My moms been car shopping. She never made much money, so her only income is from dog sitting, social security, and a very small 401K. Seems she’d finally had it with her ‘00 Hyundai Elantra when some leaky oil dripped onto the exhaust system and started a small fire. She wasn’t looking to...
  10. RamblinE

Ripped dust cap?

Got a pair of Acoustic Research Holographic Image M2 tonight for a price I really can’t complain about all things considered. Going to have to figure out how to get to the tweeter as one isn’t going, but that’s not the reason I’m here. One of the dust caps is, torn? After I replace the...
  11. RamblinE

Stereos in apartments: what do y’all do?

Our last apartment doesn’t really count. We were one of three units attached to the main residence. You could look out the window and know who was home and when. Nobody home? Let her rip. Now we are looking at complex apartments. Being one of x number of units in x amount of buildings. I’ve...
  12. RamblinE

What would you buy tomorrow if you crashed your car today?

This is a game I play with myself on a regular basis. I hop on the Carmax app and see what used cars are out there with different features, motors, transmissions, etc, at a certain price-point, usually about $15k. What would you buy tomorrow if you crashed your car today? I drive a Fiat 500, and...
  13. RamblinE

Gifts for my groomsmen.

The title is pretty general but here’s the complicated version. Wife and I did a shoe string budget and untraditional wedding. We didn’t have parties or introductions with a bunch of people. But I did have my group of friends who took me out for my bachelor party. I’d like to get them all a...
  14. RamblinE

Picked up a neat system bundle

I don't usually do this. I've been looking locally for a set of speakers to pair with my tube amp on a desk top. A gentleman on OfferUp was selling exactly what I was looking for, however it was bundled with a receiver. The speakers are Klipsch Synergy SB1. I had them years ago and wanted them...
  15. RamblinE

Tube amps and powered subs

I have a Musical Paradise MP301 MkIII. While I mostly use it as a headphone amp I like to run speakers with it too on a desk top. If I wired speakers in series with a sub what kind load would that present to the tube amp? Would it be a bad thing?
  16. RamblinE

Is a center channel just an MTM bookshelf speaker?

Title says it. A friend’s step dad upgraded his HT and gave me his Klipsch KV1 center channel. I just found a mate for that speaker in a consignment shop. So let’s say I plug them in to my 6wpc tube amp as MTM speakers? I use that amp on a desk for headphones, and sensitive bookshelf...
  17. RamblinE

My new Klipsch KG2s

For a while now I've been looking for something to run with my 6wpc Musical Paradise MP301 MkIII (which I bought originally to drive a really demanding pair of headphones). So far though I've been streaming Tidal to my wife's Chromecast and Yamaha RS201 receiver. Even on that modest setup, these...
  18. RamblinE

What Bluetooth DACs is everybody using.

I’m basically asking “hey what’s the least worst compromise that works for everybody?” A network player is not an option as all my gear is in a finished loft and the internet was installed in the basement. Previous attempts with a Chrome Cast Audio I’ve had since my last place we’re hit or...
  19. RamblinE

I just got a soundbar and I’m really enjoying it

My wife and I have traditionally consumed TV through our computers. The centerpiece of our home entertainment has always been a two channel stereo and we didn’t even buy our first TV until six months ago. That TV though is pretty cool. It’s a Roku TV and it consolidates all of our streaming...
  20. RamblinE

Some questions about HD Tracks

I want to get started building a 24-bit music collection to use on my computer and my second phone. The computer is a 2012 Mac Mini. The DAC is an Audioengine D1 capable of 24/96 playback. The phone is an LG V20. 1. I have read HD Tracks terms regarding redownloads. I am going to buy an...
  21. RamblinE

Winter 2018, first winter with winter tires. Cannot go back

Live in southeast PA where we just had three fun nor’easters this month. Working in sales means that you have to at least take a stab at getting to work in bad weather. I bought a set of Continental Winter Contact back in November and since then there’s only been one storm I couldn’t still drive...
  22. RamblinE

Keep single stocks in the market or move to high interest savings?

I participate in an Employee Stock Purchase Plan at work as well as receiving annual stock grants. The ESPP is nice in that you’re purchasing the stock at a 15% discount off the stock price at the beginning of the offering period. Stock value has doubled since the IPO but I’ve noticed it never...
  23. RamblinE

Scary. Wrapping up a DIY remodel and kind of enjoyed it

Moved in with my retired mother in August to help her pay the mortgage and keep the house. Girlfriend loved the extra space for the dog, and gardening, and gets along with my mother (weird). My mother’s third floor was finished with wood panel and carpet when I was a kid. A few years ago a...
  24. RamblinE

Chevy Bolt review. Tesla Model 3 beater?

This car is kind of exciting. New or lightly used, it's going to be really accessible really quickly. And for somebody like my partner, who rarely drives, this could be a great vehicle. It gets the part of my brain tingling that isn't the car part of my brain, but the techie part.
  25. RamblinE

Another cool drop, Koss Portapro

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-koss-porta-pro-x-headphones What's attractive to me is the app-black finish and the fact that these headphones are a classic. I may join.
Back
Top Bottom