Search results

1. vintage cltr

Connector help

Need some help from the group. I recently purchased a 1956 La Voix de son maitre component system. It seems to use this odd plug for RCA jacks. Any ideas
  2. vintage cltr

Unique preamp issue

I own (2) 1958 Fisher President consoles. One is completely restored and the other is missing the 80AZ's. Anyhow, both units use the PRT-80 preamp. That being said, why is it or how is it that both tuners are but once connected you should get sound from both left and right correct? I'm only...
  3. vintage cltr

Fisher 490T and 690T tuner power switch

Does anyone if these are interchangeable? I have a 690T with a bad power/loudness switch. Can I use the switch off a 490T?
  4. vintage cltr

1961 Fisher Executive - all done

Well, it's a back-bunner project that I have needed to get back to. So, recapped the crossovers. Lubed and cleaned the tuner. Rebuilt the preamp. Re-installed the Sony reel to reel (tube) All done. Possibly a keeper, but I'm always saying that.
  5. vintage cltr

Sony TC-666D no play issue...

Ok, picked this beast up just for the Beatles tape that was in the deck. It powers up. It reminds. It fast forwards. I feed the tape, hit play and..... nothing. Am I feeding it right. I took the back cover off and motor spins by hand. The left reel is a little resistance. Doesn't turn super...
  6. vintage cltr

ADS L910

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? I have been looking all over and can't find anything. It looks like this one has cracked wires thus not producing any sound. Thanks in advance.
  7. vintage cltr

Another Fisher to add to the collection - 1961 Fisher Cornet C55

so, while vending at the local antique radio yesterday morning, I was approached by a guy who I have had dealings with in the past, tell me he has this old fisher in his garage. I was halfway listening up until he told me it has a SA-16 amp in it. so, the show ended for me about 9:30am and...
  8. vintage cltr

My new JBL C38's blonde cabinets

I really can't believe that something so small produce's such a wonderful sound. All original with the D130's, 075 tweets, and N2400. Cabinets came with the Nelson legs.
  9. vintage cltr

Exit one President, enter a Fisher Executive

Seeing as I own (3) 1958 Fisher President's, I needed to diversify my collection. So, I made a deal to acquire to a Fisher Executive, but it cost me one President and other things to make it happen. I wasn't a 100% sold on the Executive, till it arrived. Wow, this thing is cool. I have never...
  10. vintage cltr

Ampex 6973 monoblocks schematic needed

I was hoping someone could get me schematic for these amps. I have the preamp finished, now I to tackle the amps. Thanks in advance
  11. vintage cltr

#2 1958 Fisher President - found in the wild

Well, happy to announce that I was able to purchase another 58' Fisher President. Thanks to fellow member Zartek for the help (again). I'm happy to say that unlike my other '58, this one is fully functional and in nice shape considering. Yes, it needs to be recapped and gone through, but who...
  12. vintage cltr

Restoring a President

So, when you have 2 to make one, due the super rareness, is it acceptable to mix finishes?
  13. vintage cltr

Documented 1957 Fisher President - found & purchased

So, what's awhile ago I purchased a Fisher President cabinet only. There was no year or any other indentifying marks. Just the reel to reel, which dated it to around 1958. Well, wanting to restore it, I placed an want ad out on another forum, looking for the Fisher PRT preamp, the FM80 and the...
  14. vintage cltr

1958 Fisher President..........real or just some myth

who are we kidding here? why is it there are no physical pictures/videos of this console? all I keep seeing is the '58 Fisher manual picture. that's it! are there none of these in existence.... anywhere? look it's pretty hard to restore a console with nothing to go on, but a manual picture. I...
  15. vintage cltr

What is this?

I know it's Christmas Eve, I know the pictures are upside down, & it was a bit cold here in the Midwest. Can someone please tell me what style cabinet this is? A presidential with down firing woofers? Any help would be awesome....
  16. vintage cltr

Scott LK-150 Power Transformer

I need to ask where would I go to find a replacement for a Scott TR-30-4-2 transformer? I do not have the original but I would like to find or find a replacement that looks physically similar. Also, the specs would be a great help. thanks in advance.
  17. vintage cltr

My $300 LK-150

Hey just picked up this beast. Does anyone know where I could locate a bottom and cage? I'm not too worried about knobs for now. Thanks
  18. vintage cltr

My new Thorens TD 126 - wow!

This is my first Thorens. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was part of a lot I bought. Wow is all I can say. This turntable has a great look, but can anyone tell me what I have here? as far as, is the tonearm stock? headshell? also, what and how does that dust roller thing work? I know...
  19. vintage cltr

Dynaco DSC-1 and PS-1

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but I have a chance to purchase this setup. The only issue is, I have never seen the units all together like this with one faceplate.... Secondly, what would be fairmarket value? Not to flip, but I want to own this. Sorry, but these were the only...
  20. vintage cltr

ID help needed

Hey everyone, going to look to at these K-Horns tomorrow. Can anyone help me out with what to look for and dating? I have enclosed the pic of the serial #. thanks in advance.
  21. vintage cltr

Information needed on Altec 755B 's

So, a few weeks ago I purchased a lot of Altec gear. Included was a set of 836 Lido's. I knew nothing about them until a good friend of mine mentioned something about driver type. Well, I opened both speakers up and found them to be a match. I have a pair of 755B's which I know nothing about...
  22. vintage cltr

Rek-O-Kut S102 needed...

Good afternoon, I'm in need of a S120 tonearm. Does anyone have a source or direction they could point me in? Yes, I looked at eBay, but this was a rather ASAP need. Thanks in advance for any help....
  23. vintage cltr

Pioneer SX 9000 Left Channel Fuse Blowing issue

Good morning everyone and happy new year. I'm having a issue at start up with SX 9000. It seems the left channel fuse is blowing as soon as the power button is engaged. I pulled the unit apart and cleaned it pretty well, replaced the fuse and .... same result. I have enclosed a top view...
  24. vintage cltr

Altec 19 grill replacement? Template? Something

Ok, although my 19's look cool with grills, where would I find a template or dimensions of the stock grill covers? I have no issues making mine own, I just have no starting point. thanks
  25. vintage cltr

Fisher 440-T tube amp stand alone

This is my second Fisher tube unit, and I remember on my 460 there was a modification made to operate it as a stand alone. Does this need to be done on the new 440? And if so, what mod? It's either run this or my Mag 175 console amp.... and I really want to hear this one to make a fair...
Back
Top Bottom