Search results

1. N

ADS SW5 Subwoofer (Amp Restoration & schematic) - Anyone worked on one?

Holy crap, I wasn't sure anyone would actually have it since there's nothing on the web on this. PM'd. Many thanks!
  2. N

ADS SW5 Subwoofer (Amp Restoration & schematic) - Anyone worked on one?

I have a couple of these that I'm working on restoring for my personal use/living room, and was wondering if anyone had a schematic for the amp? Anyone have the owner's manual for the subwoofer? Anyone here work on the amp before? One sub works fine (for now), the other doesn't seem to turn...
  3. N

Nominations open for Audiokarma 2020 Member of the Year

Voted! There are a ton of wonderful people here, but I noticed someone noteable was missing from the past winner list, so I hope they get some (well deserved and overdue) recognition. We’ll see! Good luck to all. Also - thanks to the admins/mods for running this!
  4. N

Building a stereo tube amp from scratch

You are the best. Thank you! My hope is to make something similar if I can find the iron, since I have the same tubes laying around. At the moment I have more 6SN7’s than 6CG7’s so I may try those instead. Taking notes over here... :bowdown:
  5. N

Looking very clean, to say the least! Great write up too. :beerchug: Do you have any brand of stranded and solid core wire that you prefer / suggest? What kind of resistors are you using as well? (Sorry for all the questions)
  6. N

This is very helpful, thank you! Admittedly I'm a bit jealous of this project. Look forward to seeing the progress over time and what components you put in, etc. Thank you for posting this.
  7. N

I have always wanted to build something like this and will be following along. Thank you for posting details. The circuit, down to what kind of wire you use, etc. is all very helpful for someone who has never built one from scratch but is considering it. Any chance you could share the PDF of...
  8. N

Alternate Individual Bias Adjustment Modification

Hey Dave, Thanks so much, that’s exactly what I was looking for. If you happen to have a picture as well of the unit installed sometime I’d love to see it. Thanks again for all of the work you’ve contributed to that thread (!)
  9. N

Alternate Individual Bias Adjustment Modification

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone might be able to assist me with implementing this in a 500b - I don't see mention of the 500b in this thread, and I'm wondering if any adjustments need to be made to this mod for the 500b. Thank you for your help!
  10. N

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

On another note, I took some photos of the two D2’s I have. One is an earlier version from about 2012, the other is from late last year/this year. Excuse the dust on the older one. It’s currently being fixed up for my brother. Not sure what to make of the changes, but interesting...
  11. N

Hmm. Maybe I can help. Or maybe not. My personal experience: check the rca jacks. The only time I experienced any hum at all was when I had a hum with one (or both?) of my rca jacks - specifically when the RCA tube out became loose. Make sure it’s solid. If it’s not, fix it. The rca jacks...
  12. N

I have a Tesla D-getter here (6CC42), with a pinched waist (or top). It sounds different than any other tube I’ve tried in the D2 (and that’s been quite a few). I personally can’t say it is my favorite, but maybe it depends on your system. I need to give the Tesla some more time as well for a...
  13. N

man I’m curious about this too. I’m looking for something newer and higher end to change it up a bit. Can’t say I’ll get rid of the D2 though. Daily use over here.
  14. N

CANCELLED - ♫ Saturday March 21, 2020♫ New England Winter FrankenFest

Agreed. The wait until the next event will be worth it. Let’s all make sure we get enough sleep, take care of ourselves, and make sure we get some sweet, sweet music in as well.
  15. N

The Fisher 100 Power Amplifier

Those miflex caps look interesting, let me know if you do put those in. I’d love to know what you think. You’re making me itch to switch out the auricaps in my 500b now : ). My power tubes are also Russian, though I’m running NOS 1986 6P3S-E’s. I think they’re pretty darn good, especially...
  16. N

Well now I have to listen to the 8b before I die. Added to the list : ) Mine are just powering a pair of ADS L980s. On another note- a big thank you goes to Dave for all of the info above (and for all the invaluable info you continue to seemingly pull out of the woodwork!). I don’t think I...
  17. N

Ahh thanks for catching that - that was a typo. Meant 6SN7! Corrected above. The 6SN7s really take the amps to another level, I think. Well their loss : ). That’s a shame; I feel like these monoblocks would best most/any amplifier above that price. Regardless, I hope they go to a good home...
  18. N

I’m a bit late to respond but maybe you’ll catch this. Nice to see another fully functioning set on here! How do you like them so far - do you still use them? I don’t think I can ever part with these now personally. A ‘number’ of years ago I think I changed the wiring in my model 100s...
  19. N

Did you have anything specific you wanted to know? The design is an ultralinear amp. I did find some stock/Fisher test reports for the 80-az (a very similar earlier model). I can attach them if you like. They're promotional material type stuff with graphs. I have measured the performance on my...
  20. N

New England Summer SweatFest GTG Saturday June 7th in Clinton MA

Ah, I'm late to respond, but oh well. Just wanted to say- whoever took those pics of the event- :tresbon:. Excellent pictures, looks like a great meet!
  21. N

Sir Keith Richard's ads bookself

Those are CM7's or SAT-7's....hard to tell the difference anyways. I think the CM7's had a slightly different style badge at the bottom than the bubbly SAT-style badge. Can't quite remember tho. Nice find!
  22. N

USB DAC Question

Check out SMSL DAC's on the 'bay. Pretty good for their price points (~$50 and up). Even the $50 optical one I got for a 2nd system is really pretty nice for the price IMO.
  23. N

Mr. Mark Oppat

I guess I've always wanted to try a pair of magnepan's
  24. N

A/D/S avt 148 towers

I don't see them on the '92 partslist so I'm making a wild guess that they were after 1992. Interesting- never seen those before. Is that a sealed or bandpass enclosure?
  25. N

Mr. Mark Oppat

I have one on my 500b- it is good, perhaps even cleaner sounding than the original pot. However, on my unit, the minimum volume for both channels to come in evenly is now just very, very loud. Also, on mine, even the tiniest turn on the vol knob (from 0, or close to 0) causes a much louder...
Back
Top Bottom