Search results

1. Oilmaster

Tracking force sweetspot for a AT-VM95E cartridge?

So I am finishing a full restoration of a Yamaha YP-D71 table before selling it off, and outfitted the table with a new AT-HS6 headshell and new AT-VM95E cartridge. That combo looks great on this turntable. Full and best possible alignment done using a Bearwald scale, arm height adjusted for...
  2. Oilmaster

Searching for new belts for a Sony TC-FX606R

Hi guys, I have to replace all belts on a TC-FX606R deck, but no luck finding these on sale. Does anybody know if an equivalent mechanism is used inside another Sony deck? thanks in advance
  3. Oilmaster

The final word on Sony 1T243/1T243M devices: measurements and substitutes

(sometimes mistakenly read as IT instead of 1T) As debated several times before here on AK, the Sony service manuals are shortcoming on key information regarding the 1T243 zener devices of which several versions are found across Sony 70's audio gear (only the 3 versions used in relevant vintage...
  4. Oilmaster

EEVblog #1043 - Mailbag

Forget about AVX capacitors..... what's up with that knife ??? I want one of those !! I luv this guy :)
  5. Oilmaster

CR-2020 faulty 20V power LED: solution possible or donor unit required?

Well I am completing an ultra deep rebuild of a CR-2020 (a rebuild thread will be posted later this year) and finally powered up the unit last night. All working and adjusting just fine, discovering that the POWER LED is not working while the required 20V is across it as it should be. So, does...
  6. Oilmaster

Enlightment needed - Charlie Haden : The Montreal Tapes - which one?

Last week I heard a nice long jazz number on my webstream radio channel (TSF Jazz) with an impressive bass solo part in it, which really caught me. Not knowing what it was, I checked the radio channel's play list, only stating "Charlie Haden - The Montreal Tapes" and no image of the album...
  7. Oilmaster

Some feedback on 0.5W AudioNote Tantalum resistors for amp rebuild

I can provide the following (negative) feedback on these AudioNote tantalum resistors (the standard 0.5W version, not the non-magnetic version, that is). After I finished a very thorough rebuild of a Sony TA-N7B amp last month for another AKer, which included all transistors , I wanted to try...
  8. Oilmaster

Anybody owns/owned the Yamaha A2000a amplifier?

Does anybody here own(ed) the Yamaha A2000a amplifier? I might be able to purchase one, and I was wondering what other (previous) owners think of it, whether it is any special/good. Or even better: what are the power output devices it in? BJT or FET? thanks for any info/feedback ozzy
  9. Oilmaster

Vintage JVC JT-300 worth $165 ?

I'm currenly on a business trip in Osaka (Japan), and found several hifi dump stores loaded with huge piles of vintage audio gear. Amongst them is an early 70's JVC JT-300, an nice unit with a round tuner dial with green back light (like some of the Sansui units those days), in a reasonable...
  10. Oilmaster

Sansui QS-100 score = QS decoder + rear amplifier (with nude pics)

Recently purchased a Sansui QS-100 'rear amplifier' unit, from around 1971 I think, which is both a 4-channel QS (quadraphonic) decoder and a 2-channel amplifier. It was meant to provide owners of a regular 2-channel stereo amplifier with both a quad decoder and the missing 2 rear channels...
  11. Oilmaster

Oh well, he's only asking $25,000.00 for a couple of Sony's

Sometimes... This chap is asking $25,000.00 for a lot of SONY TC-880-2, ST-4950, TAE-8450and TAN-8250. Ok, nice to have, but to ask that much? Duh ! That ST-4950 kills the deal for me :) At least he is so kind to offer free worldwide shipping.
  12. Oilmaster

Quiz: Sansui 1972 family members

Some fun; how many of the following Sansui members can you identify from the 1972 pic below, in the order provided there after?
  13. Oilmaster

Sansui AU-888 score (yes, with plenty of nude pics)

1) The unwanted find Karma, irony or destiny? I decided 2 months ago to cut down seriously on the amount of gear piling up (suddenly realized things were getting really out of control), defining the limit as two dozen Sony units and one dozen of Kenwood units (50+ discmans not compromised)...
  14. Oilmaster

Anybody experience with Kenwood analogue scopes ?

I could buy (cheap) a pre-owned (:D) analogue Kenwood scope, model CS1021, 2 channel / 20 MHz (here an example). Does anynody have experience with Kenwood scopes, or perhaps more specific with this model? Are they any good when aging? Any particular points to check? And are service...
  15. Oilmaster

Received my Sony TAE-5450 pre-amp: some inside pics

Last weekend I received my latest purchase for my growing VFET family (this pre-amp is not a VFET design). Because I couldn't find much inside pictures of this model on the web, I thought of putting some up here for your coffee break. The owner delivered it himself free of charge, living...
  16. Oilmaster

How much rebuild work and costs are justified on vintage amps ?

A number of nice vintage amps are piling up at my place, some in good working order, some not working. Before starting a partial or total (all part) rebuild of these amps, I was wondering how much such work would be appreciated afterwards when put up for sale (keeping all of 3 identical VFET...
Back
Top Bottom