Search results

1. G

Are we fading away?

I was wondering about that as well. But as I said, I'm done...assuming no more instigation.
  2. G

Are we fading away?

More BS. At least have the courage to stand up and admit you were directing that "one comment" at me. Playing innocent now, trying to cover your tracks and be the victim...common behavior for cowards. You started this at Post 146, dragging in an old thread in which I called you out for your...
  3. G

Are we fading away?

I don't know what makes you a bad person. But you certainly are one. And the thread you linked actually illustrates that quite well. As do the examples I provided in Post 147...which, as I noted, represent only a small sample (pulled from the past couple of days).
  4. G

Are we fading away?

How can you not see that you are the poster child for bad behavior here? It took me no more than a couple of minutes to find multiple examples of the shitty way you deal with people here (and that was only in your last few days of posts). See post #147. And how do my comments about it being...
  5. G

How to properly judge wattage.

Interesting summary. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. In any case, I believe that having a basic understanding of the relationship between power, loudness, sensitivity and clipping is fundamental for making good decisions about one's set-up...and the OP seemed to be trying to get a...
  6. G

Are we fading away?

I use the search function (Search AK with Google) pretty frequently and don't have a problem with it. In any case, I believe that you missed my point by a pretty wide margin. My comment was in response to (and agreement with): Originally Posted by tyeeslayer I feel sorry for the...
  7. G

A good recording has peaks at least 10-12 dB above the average level of the signal. This difference is known as the crest factor. As an example, if it takes 1 watt to amplify a signal so that you get an average of 85dB at your listening position and you have a crest factor of 12dB, then your...
  8. G

Pioneer PL 7 - puzzled

You are very welcome. The reason I provided so many comments about the performance of the PL-9 (which you didn't ask about) s that I found it to be pretty much equivalent to that of the PL-7. Hopefully, that was clear!
  9. G

Pioneer PL 7 - puzzled

I owned one for several years, using it in a secondary system. That series has very low mass tonearms, with a resonance damping mechanism, and really need high compliance carts. I ran a V15III with hyperelliptical stylus on it, and was quite pleased with it. I did quite a bit of homework, and...
  10. G

A local acquaintance has some RTR speakers, and told me that at least in his series (which I think consisted of 6 models), sensitivity of all was 90-91dB, and rated impedance was 4 ohms for some, 6 ohms for others. Sensitivity and nominal impedance are often printed on the backplate of the...
  11. G

There is a direct relationship between the power you need, the volume at which you want to be able to listen (without overt distortion), and the sensitivity of your speakers. Sensitivity is a measurement of the loudness (the sound pressure level, or SPL, stated in decibels, or dB) a speaker...
  12. G

Are we fading away?

Then you must have a lot of self-hatred.
  13. G

Are we fading away?

That was meant to be ironic.
  14. G

Are we fading away?

Take a look in the mirror. Here are few of your posts from just the past several days: I just breezed thru my own posts for the last month; nothing remotely as condescending or downright rude as these. Mostly just posts trying to help other members with their questions. And believe...
  15. G

Are we fading away?

Yes! Or for not framing their question to someone's satisfaction, or for asking a question about something they could have found out on their own if only they had taken the time to do so.
  16. G

Are we fading away?

Another of my pet peeves is someone telling me I've posted in the wrong forum.
  17. G

Share of Ear

I'm sure that it includes the time spent at work, in the dentist's office, retail stores, etc...many of which have the radio playing. Simply put, in the 24 hours tracked by the participants, they were exposed to an average of slightly more than 4 hours of electronic audio input. Half of that...
  18. G

Is it normal to hear extra "rumble" in a leadin groove?

I've noticed it as a common issue for as long as I've been playing records (a very long time!). Never crossed my mind to comment on it, as I guess I just accepted it as something "normal" for the medium. Your theory makes sense to me.
  19. G

Share of Ear

All audio, no attitude. Why belligerently offend those of us who still listen to the radio? There are several good progressive/alternative stations in my area (both are public radio stations), and I listen to them fairly frequently when I'm in the car. Good source of new music for me. How is...
  20. G

Are we fading away?

It may be that I just pass by the threads debating old vs new, but I've never seen that as a major point of contention at AK. Yes, there is certainly a cadre of members who really like vintage gear...but it seems like the thing that links all of us together is that we are all looking for good...
  21. G

Are we fading away?

What a dick.:)
  22. G

Getting the best out of PC audio

Agree...very interesting. Can you provide the OP with any guidance as regards avoiding the Windows sound functions? I don''t think it's quite as simple as just installing ASIO or WASAPI...I seem to remember that there are certain settings that must be made in Windows. Also, why is it a...
  23. G

I thought that this could be accomplished, albeit with a bit more difficulty in set-up, with Windows 7 as well? If so, can anyone provide guidance to the OP on precisely how to avoid Windows audio stack and get bit perfect performance with Win7?
  24. G

Desperate need of help. Turntable issues

Great! Replacing the interconnect cables is certainly not difficult, if he has some basic soldering skills. If he does it, just use a couple of the cables from the AV/component sets you see at thrift stores all the time...no longer than 6 feet. It's easiest to test continuity from the...
  25. G

Foobar is indeed another player, as is JRiver. Both can ostensibly provide bit-perfect playback if set up correctly.
Back
Top Bottom