Search results

1. HF-89

WANTED: Eico HF-89 schematic

2. HF-89

Organ Innards Revisited

I want to thank geaugafletcher for providing the iron to complete a project that has been on the back burner for 6 years. This weekend I completely re-worked a pair of Webster 90 organ amps. I replaced all capacitors and resistors. I reworked the aeriel wiring configuration, getting most of...
  3. HF-89

Scored my second EICO HF-20....

The OPT's are the same as used in the HF-35. My EICO variacs have current meters built in. When somthing goes south as the 2nd law of thermodynamics dictates it will, one generally has an opportunity to shut it down before the magic smoke is released. :thmbsp: Play safe...
  4. HF-89

Scored my second EICO HF-20....

You may not need to bypass the tone controls. Many of the EICO amps can be inputed thru the tape out jack, thus bypassing the tone controls for use of the power amp only. Can't hurt to give it a try. You should be good to go with a magnetic cartridge. Plug it in and see what it sounds like...
  5. HF-89

Which old tube amp should I keep?

Too much good stuff, too little time. I have Mk.III's with 6SJ7GT/6SN7GTB front end with upgraded chokes and componants (see avatar) and also a pair of Allen 75's on the front channels of the home theater. I always wanted to hear the LK-150 in restored condition. Can't go wrong keeping any of them!
  6. HF-89

2325 switching problem

The Dolby circuit is looking like the culprit. I connected the pre-out to another amp and found that all preamp functions are operable. The FM Dolby circuit works in all positions on FM with the external amp. I guess this narrows it down a bit. I am wondering why the Dolby switch is in the...
  7. HF-89

2325 switching problem

I have read through the threads covering the various causes of one or both channels functioning improperly and have not found a suitable solution to my 2325's problem. The situation is this: 1. Both channels perform properly with FM source selected in the Dolby FM position only. 2. With...
  8. HF-89

Marantz 2325 Power Supply Capacitors

Thanks BoulderBros, I'll get some ordered. I hate to see such a nice receiver sitting on the shop floor with nothing to do...
  9. HF-89

I am quite sure, judging from the small hole in the soft plug on the capacitor that it has erupted it's contents. I have been through a lot of web pages and pdf files and not found a suitable replacements. The search goes on...
  10. HF-89

I have a Marantz 2325 in excellent condition other than one of the main power supply capacitors has a visible leak. The unit operates fine, but I am reluctant to use it until this has been corrected. The problem I face is finding a suitable replacement pair. I have a pair of snapins, but I do...
  11. HF-89

Just picked up an Eico HF-89

Nice find! You will need to replace virtually every part in the amp to get the best out of it. If at all possible retain the soft start thermistor. Don't trust the old carbon comp resistors, even though they test ok. Throw some HexFreds in the voltage doubler. Bring it up slow with a variac...
  12. HF-89

Eico

Nice score. Both pieces are well worth restoring. The HF-89 being rather rare. Make sure that you bring them up slow on a variac, don't just plug it in and see what happens. If you can't restore it yourself, seek professional help. You have a real treasure there.
  13. HF-89

EI KT 90's

I purchased a matched quad of the EI fat bottle EL34's and have not found an amp that they will bias in. They are a very wimpy tube by any measure. I certainly would not gamble my hard earned money on any EI product at this point. If others have had better luck, count your blessings.
  14. HF-89

Need transfomer impedance information for Allen model 75 organ vacuum tube amplifier?

I have a pair of Allen 75's with ACRO TO-330 OPT's. The circuit has 2 channel input. I use the 75's for the front channels of a home theatre system, with a pair of Allen 20's on the rear. Great stuff and is built to last. I re-capped them last year and the sound is great. I would not consider...
  15. HF-89

Time to swap 7591s for KT66s or EL34s-help a fella out?

http://www.triodeel.com/7591.htm
  16. HF-89

Anyone ever deal with JEA Capacitors Ebay seller?

I have dealt with them several times. A good resource. Quick service.
  17. HF-89

Stromberg-Carlson AR-432 guts

The 7027a and 6L6GC are nearly the same, though not interchangable in all amps. My 444/Stereo 60 will accomodate either tube. The GC's are easier to source. Everyones favorite auction site runs a good number of 7027A's through. So you can pick them up cheap enough. I would replace the...
  18. HF-89

Stromberg-Carlson AR-432 guts

Got yourself a nice pair there Stevel. I suppose you have cleaned all the switches and pots before bringing them up slow on the variac. So the next thing to do is replace all the under chassis caps with as close to original as possible values. I used Sprague VitQ's and Nicholson electrolytics on...
  19. HF-89

Sherwood S-5500 IV selector switch

I have a a 4x2 selector switch out of a Sherwood 5000II if you need it. It is ceramic and very high quality. I have attached a picture (I hope). You may contact me via email.
  20. HF-89

Quicksilver Linestage Preamplifier

The overall sound improved noticably with the PIO's. The bottom end does seem to be rolled off more than I would like. I tested it with my Audio Research D-75 and though very dynamic otherwise, just lacks the bass extension it should have. I got the Spragues on eBay (7504628354) I am in the...
  21. HF-89

I did not "cut" the value of any cap. The three caps were replaced with exactly the same value and voltage of those removed. Let me be more specific: Two poly type 2uf 400 volt were replaced with two 2uf 400 volt Sprague VitQ's. The single poly type .22 600 volt was replaced with a single...
  22. HF-89

Thank you for the replies. I have replaced the pair of 2uf 400v poly caps and .22 600v caps with Sprague VitQ's replacing the yellow plastic film covered poly caps and settled on a NOS pair of Mullard Long Plate 12AX7's. The sound is very pleasing, though the bottom end is a bit sparse. I will...
  23. HF-89

Pioneer PW-15B

I am looking for a 1960's vintage Pioneer PW-15B driver. Has anyone on the thread had any experience with this unit? It is a serious driver and looks to be built to Altec/JBL quality of the peroid. I also have the PM-6, PT-3 and DN-6 that match.
  24. HF-89

Hello Group, I am a new member and want first to thank all who have posted in the past for their thoughts. It is a very informative forum. My question is this: Has anyone changed the coupling capacitors in the Quicksilver linestage? My model came with what look like very large (sino?) 2uf...
Back
Top Bottom