Search results

1. deadphish

Maryland, DC, Va, PA, NJ Spring Gathering 2018

Princeton would probably be the easiest for me, but if anyone is willing to lug that beast around I will be happy to drive a while.
  2. deadphish

Maryland, DC, Va, PA, NJ Spring Gathering 2018

Any Jersey boy want to pony Express an rt 707 RTR for me from kcdonahue (who is going to the meet up). I'll buy you the six pack of your choice when I pick it up!
  3. 15187391588851414800110

Da pre
  4. deadphish

Nakamichi PA-7 Amp value?

Well that's what folks are asking but whether they are actually selling at that price remains to be seen.
  5. deadphish

Nakamichi PA-7 Amp value?

I am seeing these on eBay for between $1300 and $1500. Is that a legit asking price for a working unit, or eBay wishful thinking? Is there a quality difference between the mkii and the straight-up PA-7? Trying to figure out if the one I am seeing locally is worth it...
  6. deadphish

How to add pictures to post not using URL?

Well I'll be damned, would ya look at that!
  7. deadphish

Sleeving DIY RCA Cables?

Ok...I've watched like 50 youtube vids on how to make my own RCAs and I got it figured out. The only thing that is puzzling me: I want to sleeve them in paracord. Do I take off the black outer wire before sending it through the paracord?
  8. deadphish

word em up mprince!

bought a honey-sweet adcom pre for way less than book, and it was packed to survive a zombie apocalypse. Transact with nothing but confidence.
  9. deadphish

Dual 721 TT, serviced?

I found a Dual 721 TT with it's usual shure v15 type III at a thrift and I want to get it serviced. It's about a 7/10 cosmetic. I like to have an idea of the value of a unit in order to gauge how much to spend having it fixed up. Thanks!
  10. deadphish

Sansui G-9000 Thrift Store Find

It was everything, and showed on the power meter. I got the case off, but I still wasn't able to get at the pots to REALLY clean 'em out good. I was able to shoot some cleaner into that pesky pre/power switch from the inside. That really woke up the sound and fixed the low channel issue, to my...
  11. deadphish

Sansui G-9000 Thrift Store Find

So I came up on a G-9000 at a thrift/consignment shop yesterday, from what I can tell I did alright on price ($100). It works, but the left channel is a hair quieter than the right. I read that the controls on these are dirt magnets, so I've been spraying the deoxit around like a madman...
  12. deadphish

Sumo Polaris Power Amp Blowing Internal Fuses

I acquired a Sumo Polaris power amp, and it is blowing the two internal fuses on the right hand side. Any thoughts on what might be going on and how to fix it? I'm pretty much a DIY noob, but I want to learn. I've got nothing but a soldering iron, a cheap digital multimeter, a non-functioning...
  13. deadphish

Mission Freedom 770 Tweeter Replacement?

I have a pair of Mission Freedom 770 speakers that I love an inordinate amount. A few weeks ago a horrible feedback squelch passed through them and I think I killed one of the tweeters. Does anyone know of an available replacement that will work? Here is a pic of the tweeters, not my photo...
  14. deadphish

Pro-Ject Debut 3 Turntable - Wiring Pic?

Awesome. Thanks so much. Now...if i happened to break the bearing gounding wire like a dumbass, is the tonearm completely roached?
  15. deadphish

Thanks guys! It is the chassis ground I can't figure out. There is (was) a single black grounding wire attached to the headshell area of the TT that ran through it, then there were two black wires that came out of the base of the tonearm. I can't figure out how the grounding worked. What...
  16. deadphish

OK...I need a huuuuuuge favor. I am trying to re-wire the tonearm for a Pro-Ject Debut III and I got a little turned around with where the tonearm wires and ground get attached at the bottom of the TT, inside that little plastic box underneath the table. If someone could post a pic, or a...
  17. deadphish

Best Akai R2R to match an Akai GXC-760D cassette?

It'd not an exact match, but let me give a shout-out to my R2R, a GX-265D. A honey of a machine and a big purdy wall of silver taboot!
  18. deadphish

Tape is scraping on back of reel

Thanks, between the service manual and the sage advice of AK tape master Tom B., I was able to get the reels re-aligned.
  19. deadphish

Tape is scraping on back of reel

I have an Akai gx-265D reel deck, and the tape is scraping on the back of both of the reels. There was an old thread that addressed this, but much of it flew over my head. Is this a relatively easy fix, or something I am going to need to take it to a tech for. I am a little leery of taking...
  20. deadphish

Large Advent Curb Score, Chipped Tweeter?

I found a pair of large Advents on big trash day in my town. I brought them home, you know, like ya do when you're an AKer :yes: It seems they are the "new" large Advents. They have rotted surrounds which will need to be replaced. But there is also a chip out of one of the tweeters. The...
  21. deadphish

Onkyo Integra a-8087 NO SOUND?

i do not hear a click, should I still assume it's in protection? what is my next move (if any)? Thanks so much to everyone for the help!
  22. deadphish

i've checked all the control positions, that much I know how to do. The fuse appears fine, but looks can be deceiving. Where does one get a fuse now that ratshack is shut down? I do not hear any click at all on power up.
  23. deadphish

I just picked up a clean looking Onkyo Integra a-8087 integrated amp for $10. Everything lights up as it should. Hooked everything up and it is dead quiet, no sound at all, no hum, buzz, scratchiness, a whole lot of nuthin! Checked multiple inputs and both A and B speaker terminals. Any...
  24. deadphish

The classic Marantz look is back.

i find earbuds under a hat to be a little uncomfortable, and my can's over the hat make me look like (even more of) a doofus.
Back
Top Bottom