Search results

1. moejr

Anyone have a Kenwood KA-880SD service manual?

I am looking for a full copy of this service manual. I have downloaded the ones available on the net but the one page I need is cut off so I cannot get the transistor numbers I need. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am going to put this in the solid state forum too.
  2. moejr

Anyone have a Kenwood KA-880SD service manual?

I am looking for a full copy of this service manual. I have downloaded the ones available on the net but the one page I need is cut off so I cannot get the transistor numbers I need. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am going to put this in the Kenwood forum too.
  3. moejr

Kenwood KA-880SD Pop and static 2

I have a Kenwood KA-880SD Integrated that a friend and I have been working on. We have gone through it and cleaned and touched up a bunch of bad solder joints and such. 1 problem we are still having is when playing music it will give a pop then a static sound for 6-12 seconds then go away and a...
  4. moejr

Kenwood KA-880SD Pop and static

I have a Kenwood KA-880SD Integrated that a friend and I have been working on. We have gone through it and cleaned and touched up a bunch of bad solder joints and such. 1 problem we are still having is when playing music it will give a pop then a static sound for 6-12 seconds then go away and a...
  5. moejr

Cannot find the caps I want

I am having a hard time tracking down somebody who carries a quality 15uf 50v cap. I have done web searches ebay searches and went on digikey and mouser but alot of their caps are 20% tol and I am looking for 10%. Where do you people buy these caps?
  6. moejr

Trying to get info on the crossover in my speakers.

I have a pair of Realistic Optimus 21's. I am trying to figure out what the crossover frequency is as Radio Shack doesn't publish that figure. The crossover it self consists of 2 15uf caps and 3 resistors that are as follows. 6 ohmk,4ohmk and 2ohmk. All say 5SG on them. I am going to upload a...
  7. moejr

24/96 vs 24/192

Is there alot of difference in sound quality between a player that has a 24/96 DAC vs a 24/192 Dac?
  8. moejr

Kenwood Basic C1 Loudness Control Question?

This preamp has a variable loudness knob. If I set it a couple notches up will the loudness cancel out or fade after a certain volume? I like to use it for low volume listening but not sure if it fades as the volume increases. I am wondering if I can just set it for what I like for low listening...
  9. moejr

Tweeter Repair?

I have an EPI 100 tweeter that plays but at very low volumes compared to the other. I swapped another EPi 100 tweeter in and it played normal. Are these repairable?
  10. moejr

Cartridge Question

The cartridge on my turntable is a Audio Technica AT91E. It doesn't have alot of time on it but it is about 25 years old. The problem I seem to have is that on some songs the S's are so pronounced that they have that static type sound. It's annoying. I know some of it may be the recording but...
  11. moejr

Warped Album

I bought a still sealed album from someone and even though it hasn't even been played it is warped. What can you do for warped albums like this?
  12. moejr

After much deliberation I bought a new set of speakers

I have been looking to buy a new speakers for a couple months. No one around me had the ones I wanted to listen to. So I scoured the internet for reviews on all my candidates. After much deliberation and solid reviews I chose BIC America DV84's. They were very reasonably priced and were what I...
  13. moejr

And then there were 5 choices

I have been mulling new speakers for about a month. I have whittled it down to 5 choices. They are: Boston Acoustic- CS260ii Infinity- Primus P363 Polk- Tsi400 Polk- Monitor 60 Polk- Monitor 70 Unfortunately no one around here carries any of these for me to listen to so it will be an...
  14. moejr

I want to hear your opinions on these speakers. Owners and others

Ok got my list of speakers I am interested in. None of these are carried locally for me to hear unfortunately. Boston Acoustics- CS-260ii and A360 Infinity- Primus P363 JBL- ES80BK and 90BK Polk- TSX330T and Tsi400 Onkyo- SKF-4800 BIC- PL89II and DV84 Ascend Acoustics- CMT-340SE All...
  15. moejr

Trying to match speakers to my amp

I am considering a new pair of speakers but I am having a hard time choosing. I am looking for a speaker that will handle my amps rated rms power of 220 wpc. I am not finding much that can handle that. It's like I have a Corvette that can do 175 mph but the only tires I can get are only good to...
  16. moejr

Sound Signature

Today I got to hear my first set of OHM Walsh speakers(I believe 2's). I was really impressed and wondered if there are other speakers out there with a similar sound to them.
  17. moejr

KG4's thin bass

I have myself a pair of KG4's that I've owned since new. I was listening to them today in a new position in the same spot I have another pair of speakers. They sound good on mids and highs but really thin on bass. My other speakers that actually sit on top of the KG4's are Realistic Optimus...
  18. moejr

Tube Sounds

I have been thinking of trying a tube amp. What are the differences in the sound of the tubes themselves. I see so many different styles. I know on here I have seen some people say certain tubes sound better than others. Just curious what the sound characteristics are of the different tubes.
  19. moejr

Tweeter Resistor

How do you connect a resistor to a tweeter to drop it a couple db? It is a 2 ohm 10w. How many db will this cut? All help greatly appreciated.
  20. moejr

Kenwood Basic M1D Meter Adjustment

I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the power meters on a Kenwood Basic M1D power amp. I looked at the SM in the digital docs section on here but could not make heads or tails of it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  21. moejr

Shot of current main system

Here is a recent shot of my main system. From top to bottom on the rack: Kenwood Basic M2 Amplifier Kenwood Basic C1 Preamp Harman Kardon HD990 Cd Player Kenwood KX-3510 3 Head Cassette Deck Kenwood KT-57 Tuner Niles HDL-4 Speaker Selector Box Panamax Max5100 Power Conditioner Speakers are...
  22. moejr

Cone Tweeter Repair

Can cone tweeters that are buzzing/blown be repaired?
  23. moejr

Kenwood 700M Value

I was wondering what a good working Kenwood 700M goes for today on the open market. I don't own one but would like to someday and just curious about pricing.
  24. moejr

Help in NH

I was wondering if any fellow AKer's in the Southern NH/Northern Ma. area would be willing to restring the tuner for me on my Kenwood KR-9050 Receiver. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  25. moejr

RS Realistic Optimus 21

Does anyone know the crossover points for the Optimus 21 speakers? I looked on radio shacks site but they don't have documents for these. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom