Search results

1. Henry Kloss

Who was the best screamer in rock

I can't decide between Plant or Gillan. Mind you, I like a little musical tone in my screaming. So I'm biased that way. Ian Astbury is also up there. Your thoughts please.
  2. Henry Kloss

Central air, and certain people.

What is it with certain people who feel that if you turn the dial down to 65 degrees, the air conditioner will somehow work harder to cool your home faster. I have run into this so many times I'm losing faith in humanity. Rant over, I feel much better.
  3. Henry Kloss

Show us your Christmas stocking

Here's mine, my parents bought it when I was 1 year old. I am now 61 so it turns 60 this year.
  4. Henry Kloss

The knife sharpening man

Remember the knife sharpening man. You would hear his bell ding ding ding as he went down the street . I heard this familiar sound about a month ago and to my surprise it was the knife sharpening man . He had a Dodge van from the 90's. He opened up the back and had 3 wheels and a belt.. I...
  5. Henry Kloss

Work life balance

After 17 years working for a large pharmaceutical company that promotes work life balance as a core company value. I have been informed that at 60 years old I will no longer be working Monday to Friday as I have for the last 17 years. No, my new shift will be Thursday to Monday with Tuesday and...
  6. Henry Kloss

I'd rather be a country man then a town man

I've done both. As a kid I lived in the city, then on a farm, then back to the city, back to a farm all before grade 8. Talk about learning how to fight. Not so much moving to the city, they didn't care. But country kids didn't like city kids. I've also been back and forth as an adult as...
  7. Henry Kloss

WGT golf App anybody play

I've been playing for about a year now. Pretty addictive. It's a bit of a money grab but worth it if you like the game play.
  8. Henry Kloss

Who irons your shirts

Or do you even own an iron, or anything that needs ironing. Today is my ironing day, all the cotton shirts that come out of the dryer looking like rags need to be ironed. Usually I wait until I only have a couple left. My mom taught me to iron when I started buying my own clothes, a skill...
  9. Henry Kloss

Idiot mittens

I had them, you had them, but hardly anyone under 30 has ever heard of them. I don't even know what they're called now. Some expressions just aren't used anymore for whatever reason. Can you come up with any more.
  10. Henry Kloss

In with the new

I drive cars till they die. This latest one is a 2005 Mazda 3 bought off lease with 40,000 miles in 2008. I might have tried to keep this thing going if the body didn't fall apart all around me. It now has 200,000 miles and is ready for the boneyard. Been a great car but now time for the...
  11. Henry Kloss

Making bacon....The downside

Since I got my smoker for Christmas, I've done up about 100 lbs. of bacon. All I have to show for it is about 10 lbs. in the freezer and a hoard of happy friends and relatives. The downside is, everyone thinks I can supply all their bacon needs for money. I enjoy making bacon, but I'm up to...
  12. Henry Kloss

No more store bought bacon

Got a smoker for Christmas, the first project is bacon. There is a meat packing plant near my work that sells to the public. I get a 15 Lb. belly and they have a machine that takes the skin off leaving a nice layer of fat. I take it home and cut my three 4 Lb. slabs and trim the edges. The slabs...
  13. Henry Kloss

The dreaded Christmas fruit cake

Its been 20 years since I made my moms fruit cake so my wife and I decided it was time. We love fruit cake so no problem there. I haven't made it because I remembered it being labor intensive. $60 for the stuff to make it, 2 hours prep and it was in the oven for 4 hours. I used my wife's wedding...
  14. Henry Kloss

Father daughter bonding

Set the alarm for 5:30 this morning on my only day off. I promised the 15 year old daughter I would take her down to the marsh for some morning photography. This, and thrill rides are our 2 main bonding activities. We go different places depending on the season. She hasn't downloaded her photos...
  15. Henry Kloss

Rollercoasters love them or hate them

That's the way it seems to be with most people and thrill rides. I myself love having the s*** scared out of me, as do both of my daughters. Here in Toronto we have Canada's Wonderland, other than Cedar Point I believe it has the best thrill rides in North America all in one place. It took...
  16. Henry Kloss

One headlight out

Most sport bikes these days have two headlights. I see a lot of bikes with one light burned out. Is it a big job to replace them, or is it laziness. I'm curious.
  17. Henry Kloss

EDIFIER R2000DB

I was looking for some semi portable blue tooth speakers. I have my JBL charge for taking out on the deck and stuff but I wanted something with stereo separation. I came across these when I looked at Consumers Reports. They where ranked at the top with Sonos. They are in my kitchen, and I could...
  18. Henry Kloss

Up-selling insanity

This is getting out of hand, every morning I stop at the local Tim Horton's donut shop for a coffee. I order my coffee, then comes the up-selling. Would you like a breakfast sandwich with that? No, I ordered a f****** coffee. I don't say that but I feel like it. I could understand if I ordered a...
  19. Henry Kloss

Spirit of the West, Home for a rest

As some of you might know, John Mann lead singer of spirit of the West was recently diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. I don't think there are too many people in North America that don't know the song Home for a rest, it's the kind of song that can get a party started or keep the party...
  20. Henry Kloss

I made tomato sauce today

The store had on the vine tomatoes on sale so lets make some sauce, an opportunity to use my new food mill. This sauce calls for 10 lb. of tomatoes, 6 medium onions, 30 or 40 cloves of garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil. I know the amount of garlic...
  21. Henry Kloss

Remembering deceased loved ones

It's been a while now since my mom and dad passed away. Whenever I think about them, which is a lot. The visual I get is of them in their late forties early fifties. I seldom think about them in their seventies and eighties. It's the same with the few friends that I've lost over the years. My...
  22. Henry Kloss

Fiat 500

does anyone else think that this thing looks like a spider with its legs pulled off.
  23. Henry Kloss

Love my pasta machine

I've used it now about 5 or 6 times and am getting to know how the dough is supposed to feel. I use a food processer to combine everything because its easy. The difference in taste compared to dry pasta makes it worth the trouble. And, the kids love to help.
  24. Henry Kloss

The World Almanac & Book of Facts 2016

My wife bought me this book for Christmas. I love it, so interesting and informative. Though it should really be called The American Almanac & a lot of stuff about the rest of the world. I now know why school districts are so important when Americans are looking to move. I was surprised to...
  25. Henry Kloss

Motivational Song

What one song would you listen to, to motivate you to think that you could actually beat Mike Tyson. Or tackle the Black diamond run full speed. You pick the daunting challenge. My pick would be, The Game........ Motorhead
Back
Top Bottom