Search results

1. gogofast

Pair of Quad II and Quad 22 Pre sold for $1150 plus shipping. Good deal?

I'd say that's a steal of a deal if the listing description is true.
  2. gogofast

Value of KLH model 6 purchased for parts?

6's are amazing speakers once restored.
  3. gogofast

Sushi

Yep. If you're going for a full dinner experience, prepare your stomach with hot soup, then cold, cold with rice, hot, and hot with liquid - So, start with miso, then sashimi of the day, sushi, tempura, and ramen - in that order.
  4. gogofast

Happy Birthday gogofast!

It's a bit late reply, but thank you all very much for taking time to post happy birthdays! You all have wonderful rest of the year and stay well.
  5. gogofast

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

I'm really curious of how they sound. I'm sure they were very high end model for that company which no one had heard of. I can imagine them sounding similar to Chapman T series speakers.
  6. gogofast

Speakerlab K Horns - worth a trip?

It might be too late, but If you have space, to me, it's a no brainer.
  7. gogofast

Glow Audio Amp Two

Here's a pic of its underside with upgraded caps found online. Like FlaCharlie said, simple circuit. point to point. Caps can always be upgraded, but the real question is what irons are hiding under those covers. 20 pound weight is a positive sign though.
  8. gogofast

Seems like this is a Craigslist scam (another David Culver scam)

Yeah, if he keeps this up, there'll be a documentary about this guy and FBI.
  9. gogofast

Seems like this is a Craigslist scam (another David Culver scam)

I think the usual CL scammer got smarter by using the local location, but seems to be same description including the "will ground ship". Watch out.
  10. gogofast

whats going on with the pinch roller?

That's weird. Rest of the machine looks to be in very good cosmetic condition but the pinch roller seems like some one let a dog chew it and then put it back on.
  11. gogofast

Someone should grab these - around Seattle

I know...it was very tempting, but I already have three large speaker setups that I'm happy with and have a garage full of winter projects. Also, the seller's location is around Seattle, but on the other side of the water I think. It is a quite a bit of drive to get there.
  12. gogofast

Yep, I agree that it looks way better without the socks. Looks like someone got 'em. Hopefully an AK'er and be able to report how they sound.
  13. gogofast

Trade receiver for truck?

I was out helping a friend buy a used car the other day, and found out anything running starts from $8k - $10k. We went old school going from dealer to dealer, and finding a car sub $10k was a challenge. Each used car lot had maybe one or two such car. Of course miles on them were 150k - 200k...
  14. gogofast

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/ele/7567468253.html Looks like a great deal. Says they need surrounds redone. TOTL speakers probably worth $1.5k after a refoam. The seller is asking $250. No affiliation.
  15. gogofast

Victoria BC - Vancouver Island Deal Alerts

Looks much like Rotel and speakers maybe NHT and Mirage? Just a guess.
  16. gogofast

Old and cheap high end CD players 2022 ARCAM CD player - FMJ CD23

I still use Sony CD player from 1980's in my garage. That's almost 40 years old. Plays perfectly fine and even reads copied cd's no problem. I also have Rega and Musical Fidelity CD players that are at least 20 years old and they work and sound fantastic. But I didn't invest too much into those...
  17. gogofast

KLH model ONE

Yeah, they're pretty rare. I've seen a few sold in the past, but cannot remember what they went for. If you mean model 1 with the Janszen's together, I'd guess $1k would be reasonable depending on the condition. Just my wild guess.
  18. gogofast

KLH 21 Repair

Also, re-doping the speaker surrounds will probably make it sound better. Surrounds on all of mine were like tissue paper.
  19. gogofast

KLH 21 Repair

For me, replacing every old cap and carefully cleaning the tuning capacitor fixed all of the issues.
  20. gogofast

The Advent Loudspeaker

Can't comment on current going prices for either models, but a few years before the Covid started, a nice pair at $100-150 was a normal range for a good buy. They're all around better than average speakers and very much under-priced back then.
  21. gogofast

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

That is such a nice story to hear. As they get older, you might even teach them how to maintain and repair those gear. 2215 is a perfect one I think, simple, looks very stylish and easy to repair. I have one I'm rotating in my workshop. Just curious, what albums do your kids like? Your post...
  22. gogofast

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I've been looking for any KLH tabletop radio and never saw one locally. Here's a thread about my KLH radios. You're right about how good they sound. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/klh-tabletop-radios.995885/#post-15606544
  23. gogofast

Ashland OR Martin-Logan Audio Research Esoteric B&K Rega JVC Sherwood

Wow, nice stuff there. Whoever goes should ask for the JBL speakers.
  24. gogofast

Audio sphere h201f

Yeah...probably equivalent of Realistic brand quality and maybe lower in value.
Back
Top Bottom