Search results

1. Duckzilla

QUAD Lite mini monitors

Well, I hooked up the QUAD's in my secondary system, and they sound pretty good, midrange a little thin, but that's probably due to the Velodyne sub I have connected. Imaging's very good, as you might expect from a mini-monitor. I listened to them for about 30 mins, and they have a smooth...
  2. Duckzilla

QUAD Lite mini monitors

Found an ad for these on CL, the seller was selling the speakers, a NAD tuner and a Radio Shack antenna for $90. I offered $50 just for the speakers, which he kindly accepted. I tested them quickly to make sure they worked, but there was not exactly enough room to listen to them other than one...
  3. Duckzilla

I found this video ignorant and a little bit disturbing lol..see 4 urself

The guy doesn't have the right tool.......but he is a tool.
  4. Duckzilla

whats the best sounding "small" speaker you've ever heard

KEF Reference 101. Their take on the BBC LS3/5A. Imaging is just breathtaking.
  5. Duckzilla

What amp drives your Infinities?

My RS1b's are driven by a Threshold T100 on the mid/tw panels, and a NAD 218 THX on the bass towers. I have a 2nd T100 in need of repair, which may end up as a bridged pair to drive the mid/tw panels.
  6. Duckzilla

What is your biggest regret involving speakers?

In the past I've been in need of funds and had to let speakers go, which always leads me to regret doing so. Ones that I regret the most are Infinity RS2, Kef 101 Reference, Wilson Watt/Puppy, and Icon Parsec. What do I have now, and hopefully never "have to sell"? B & W Matrix 805 (used as...
  7. Duckzilla

Dayton 18" subwoofer

I had been looking for a new sub, having tried a lot of different configurations, from CV single passive 12", KLH passive 10", VMPS original sub, to several home-built iterations including a huge coffee table with two 12"s(which was the most successful) and 8" cylinders with woofers mounted...
  8. Duckzilla

Meridian Argent A3 question

I have a pair of Meridian Argent A3's, which have three pairs of binding posts, bass, mid and tweeter. Does anyone know if they must be tri-amped, or can I jump the mids and tweeter and run them with one amp, and the bass with a second amp. Whats throwing me off is that I get about 4 ohms on the...
  9. Duckzilla

Kindel P200 Mk2 speakers

I came across a pair of these mostly unknown speakers on CL yesterday, for not much cash. The cabinets are beautifully finished in dark walnut. and they have anti-diffraction foam on the baffles. Drivers are 2 x 6.5" white coned mid/bass, one 1.5" cone tweeter, and what I think is a 1" Audax...
  10. Duckzilla

Part Express Ultimax 18".....better place for the plate amp.

I just used the 4cf flat packed one that came in the bundle. I'm doing a custom "stone" finish, like a brown textured granite, but wont get to it for a couple of weeks. I'm adding the PE adjustable spikes to it as well.
  11. Duckzilla

Thanks guys. I also think that in the enclosure sensitive electronics would take a beating....just me.
  12. Duckzilla

I recently took the plunge and bought a Parts Express Ultimax 18" sub w/dsp. The problem I had was I didn't like the idea of putting a fan inside the enclosure (PE states there's enough leakage to cool the plate amp). Not being one of those people who leave well enough alone, I came up with...
  13. Duckzilla

I've got my choice of two large rooms for my listening space; now what?

Yes indeed. The room has so much stuff in right now from the current homeowner that it's tough to see where the walls are, otherwise I'd post pics now.
  14. Duckzilla

motorstereo, I so wanted that house, but walking away was the only option, and you were right, something else did come along, in the form of a tri-level, 3br, 2ba, living rm and a large lower level basement, which will be about 20' x 15', when I'm done taking down walls and cabinets. The...
  15. Duckzilla

Well, went on Saturday for the house inspection, and had to walk away from it. The house was a structural nightmare and I'm not even sure that it could even be repaired. It would appear that there are no building inspections out in the country.
  16. Duckzilla

It is a pretty cool place. I didn't mention another bonus; a small workshop off the family room filled to the ceiling with shelves packed with caps, boards, tubes, about 25-30 tube amps (prob from consoles; there's 4 or 5 around) and transformers. I'm a little unclear about the plan, but if I...
  17. Duckzilla

I decided to move out of the city and into the country, for a bigger place, more land, and the house I found is way beyond my expectations. While searching I only went to physically look at two houses. The first was a bust, the second I wanted as soon as I saw the listing. There was a...
  18. Duckzilla

Infinity RS1b amplification ideas

Just so happens that I own a QSC RMX850 pro power amp, 375w/ch. I've used it on subs before, but it's been a little underwhelming. Perhaps with the RS1B it'll be a good match. I tried one NAD with the WATT/Puppies last night and if the results of that test are anything to go by, then a solo NAD...
  19. Duckzilla

Good advice. Since I haven't taken possession of the NAD's yet, I've got some options, although bridging them is out I think. I can try running one is stereo for bass towers, and try the other one on my WATT/Puppies. 225w/ch should be enough for the RS1b's and the WIlson's.
  20. Duckzilla

Thank you. I need to understand this fully first rather than being a bit "gung ho"!
  21. Duckzilla

I thought it stated in the RS manual that as long as the outputs don't go inverted that mono (bridged) was OK? Sorry for the short reply, having computer issues
  22. Duckzilla

I'm in the process of househunting to include a very large listening room, which will be equipped with a pair of Infinity RS1b's. There's a lot of info and recommendations with regard to suitable amplification. What I have available to me is a pair of NAD 218's for the bass towers, and a pair of...
  23. Duckzilla

Returning after five long years. I'm back. I guess this is a re-introduction.

Thanks. Nothing to really post pix of yet. To give a teaser of what's to come, I already have an Integra 9.8 pre/pro/tuner, and have a set of Infinity RS1b's that I have been promised. For the rear channels Infinity RS2's to match the RS1b's are coming (overkill for sure), but amplification is...
Back
Top Bottom