Search results

1. Duckzilla

QUAD Lite mini monitors

Found an ad for these on CL, the seller was selling the speakers, a NAD tuner and a Radio Shack antenna for $90. I offered $50 just for the speakers, which he kindly accepted. I tested them quickly to make sure they worked, but there was not exactly enough room to listen to them other than one...
  2. Duckzilla

Dayton 18" subwoofer

I had been looking for a new sub, having tried a lot of different configurations, from CV single passive 12", KLH passive 10", VMPS original sub, to several home-built iterations including a huge coffee table with two 12"s(which was the most successful) and 8" cylinders with woofers mounted...
  3. Duckzilla

Meridian Argent A3 question

I have a pair of Meridian Argent A3's, which have three pairs of binding posts, bass, mid and tweeter. Does anyone know if they must be tri-amped, or can I jump the mids and tweeter and run them with one amp, and the bass with a second amp. Whats throwing me off is that I get about 4 ohms on the...
  4. Duckzilla

Kindel P200 Mk2 speakers

I came across a pair of these mostly unknown speakers on CL yesterday, for not much cash. The cabinets are beautifully finished in dark walnut. and they have anti-diffraction foam on the baffles. Drivers are 2 x 6.5" white coned mid/bass, one 1.5" cone tweeter, and what I think is a 1" Audax...
  5. Duckzilla

Part Express Ultimax 18".....better place for the plate amp.

I recently took the plunge and bought a Parts Express Ultimax 18" sub w/dsp. The problem I had was I didn't like the idea of putting a fan inside the enclosure (PE states there's enough leakage to cool the plate amp). Not being one of those people who leave well enough alone, I came up with...
  6. Duckzilla

I've got my choice of two large rooms for my listening space; now what?

I decided to move out of the city and into the country, for a bigger place, more land, and the house I found is way beyond my expectations. While searching I only went to physically look at two houses. The first was a bust, the second I wanted as soon as I saw the listing. There was a...
  7. Duckzilla

Infinity RS1b amplification ideas

I'm in the process of househunting to include a very large listening room, which will be equipped with a pair of Infinity RS1b's. There's a lot of info and recommendations with regard to suitable amplification. What I have available to me is a pair of NAD 218's for the bass towers, and a pair of...
  8. Duckzilla

Returning after five long years. I'm back. I guess this is a re-introduction.

After buying a house that had no possibilities of having a decent listening space, I'm very actively looking for a house that will accommodate my love for audio and cars, with a specific search for a room to use as a dedicated media room. Oh I've kept a toe in the hobby buying/selling and...
  9. Duckzilla

Wilson Watt/Puppy questions

I recently had the good fortune to find a pair of Wilson Watt/Puppies from the original owner, just a mile from my house. Using a Yamaha DSP-A1 as pre only, and an Adcom GFA 545 they sound great, (so far, only had them since Sunday. Couple of questions...I want to figure out what version I have...
  10. Duckzilla

New room, lots of changes

I've been gone for a few months, due to changes in priorities, then completely blindsided by my rental house foreclosing, and the purchase of a house (with no dedicated listening room). Two systems are now combined into one, and much of my gear was sold off, which fortunately funded the...
  11. Duckzilla

David Caruso

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that David Caruso is a complete d***wad? He just sucks the life out of the show he's on, CSI Miami I think, with the overacted looks, the absolutely unbearable one-liners. Just makes the show completely unwatchable. Or am I way off-base and being too...
  12. Duckzilla

CL question...odd replies to postings

I've been seeing a lot of replies to my CL "For Sale" postings that take the form of a question. The inquiry will use the first line of text from the post, then add a question mark and nothing else. I've been getting these for virtually everything I have listed, and although I've searched for...
  13. Duckzilla

Stand-up Victrol cabinets in Detroit CL free stuff

There's three Victrola (empty) stand-up cabinets on Detroit Metro CL, in Ferndale. I'd love to have one but the ad says all or nothing, and I just don't have any space for them. Someone here must be in a position to grab them. No affiliation whatsoever. EDIT: TOO LATE, THEY'RE ALREADY GONE...
  14. Duckzilla

B & O 5000 system value

I've come across a complete B & O 5000 system, which has some problems. If I can fix the problems I'll make my friend a reasonable offer. It consists of the following, with issues noted; Beomaster 5000 receiver (buttons are hard to trigger, appears to operate fine, and no distortion or...
  15. Duckzilla

45 and 33 1/3...on the same disc?

I picked up a 12" single from a thrift store a couple of weeks ago, and got around to listening to it last night. The label showed just one track on the A-side, at 45. Played it, liked it, turned the record over and cued up the cart and... Alvin and the chipmunks were in the house. Stopped the...
  16. Duckzilla

Staining real wood veneer

I have a problem; I absolutely despise oak finish, in my case the finish on my main speakers, Icon Parsecs. They have wood veneer on all surfaces except the bottom. They have issues; one must have got damp near the base at some point, and there are a couple of very minor chips, but not bad...
  17. Duckzilla

B & K or QSC power amps?

I'm currently using a QSC RMX850 pro power amp to run a pair of passive 12" subs, and I've been really happy with it. But just today, a B & K EX442 is up for grabs. The price is a non-issue, I'm just wondering if I should entertain the idea of getting the B & K. I have the amp now, but it's not...
  18. Duckzilla

Mysterious problem

I recently noticed that one channel of my system was playing at a lower volume. The setup is biamped with a Behringer active crossover, which has level controls for pretty much everything, so after checking all the cables that it could be (it was just right main channel, I adjusted the levels so...
  19. Duckzilla

Stereophiles out! Dudley creamed his power strip

Just got this months' Stereophile, and rushed in to see what Art Dudley had to say about P.W.B. Cream Electret. He creamed his power strip and...heard a difference. Note I said he heard a difference, not "there is a difference", since my insensitive earholes might or might not hear the same...
  20. Duckzilla

I'm addicted to hilarious CL posts

Here's yet another hilarious CL posting for "Speckers"...enjoy! The funniest thing is the statement "GREAT SOUNDING SPECKERS AND LOAD!!!" http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/2920570257.html home speckers *picture* - $100 (shelby twp) Date: 2012-04-01, 10:03AM EDT remodeling my...
  21. Duckzilla

ION USB turntable question

I was just given an ION USB turntable, which I intend to use to transfer some of my rarer LP's to CD with. MY question is, can the cartridge be replaced with a better one, just like a regular TT? I have a Grado Green just chomping at the bit to get mounted in it, which has got to be better than...
  22. Duckzilla

Compotation Car Stereo System

I found this on CL Detroit. Spelling errors aside, I am absolutely amazed that you can actually buy a compotation car stereo sound system for only $350. The only reason I'm not going to pursue it is because I'm sure I "can't handle it".....so I'm not going to try. Compotation Car Stereo...
  23. Duckzilla

For all you diehard Polka fans

Here's a CL Detroit listing for all you Polka fans out there: For sale: Stanton T.62 D.J. Turntable $250, Insignia NS-R 2001 Receiver $150, and two small Polka speakers $70, all pieces in perfect condition, 1-year old but almost completely unused, with all cables included, visit to see and...
  24. Duckzilla

Another classic!

Was just browsin' eBay and came across this gem of a listing. I don't want to knock the sellers' English, but hell....its funny! http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAD-Stereo-Receiver-7120-WORKING-READ-/160732118190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c617cae
  25. Duckzilla

Shortening eqiupment names

Shortening equipment names Let me preface this by saying this is purely my opinion. The one thing that irritates me about the audio habit (OK, hobby) is the tendency or desire for people to not use the complete manufacturer's name, but rather shorten it to some "cute" version. I want to find...
Back
Top Bottom