Search results

1. Zingem

How to take the first step towards the next level of sound reproduction?

Hello to all you fellow Audio Buddies. Just popping up a question purely out of curiosity. I'm not suffering from a bout of Audiofila Nervosa or anything (well not more than usual anyway)... No i'm perfectly happy as things are. And neither did i won the lottery. But just for the sake of...
  2. Zingem

MC choice for Accuphase E206?

Hello Folks, a simple question I hope: The MC stage of my Accuphase E-206 should have a 66dB gain and has a fixed 100 Ohm impedance. If I connect a Benz Ace L or an Audio Technica AT33 (EV or PTG II) would this be a good match? Looking forward to your advice!
  3. Zingem

How long does ferrofluid last?

Hi, A practical question I ask you guys. I've got these vintage Magnat speakers, All Ribbon 10 Pii exc. These sound great in combination with Sanyo Plus pre/ power. But both tweeters and dome midrange drivers are of the ferrofluid type. How long can i expect things to work fine? These speakers...
  4. Zingem

Sanyo GCX7060 lu receiver info wanted

Hi! I saw this receiver for sale. It's a 'digital synthesizer hifi'model which I suppose means it has something inbetween an analogue and a digital tuner section. Late '70s I guess. It sports a curious colling section at the back, atypical of the sanyo receivers from that era. And there's just...
  5. Zingem

Pioneer CT-300 Worth a fix?

Hi! Just rescued a CT-300 from the the garbage mill. It's not operational. Visually it's ok. It lights up when switched on but humms and doesn't rotate the tape at all. I suppose it's very basic. But as a fluroscan deck it would -at least visually- make up a fine combination with a CT-F900...
  6. Zingem

Fuji JPII x-pro

Got a bunch of audiocassettes today, including 30 JPII x-pro's. I admit I have no experience with Fuji-cassettes let alone this type. I only know it's a high position/type II. Is it any good?
  7. Zingem

Need help with Akai GX-95 when recording

Hi! My GX-95 is my favorite deck for recording. But today I encountered a problem. When I listened to the source for adjusting the decibel level/recording volume of the GX-95, everything seemed ok. But when I pushed the Play-button to start the recording, the level dropped by a significant...
  8. Zingem

Sanyo Plus Q-60 not working

Hi, I get this chance to purchase a Q-60 in relatively nice condition. Apart from one hinge missing, and a few minor markings, it looks nice from the outside. When switching it on, everything seems te work fine, the display, the stylusgauge-gimmick thing, the automatic movements the tonearm...
  9. Zingem

Anyone encountered the Devialet D-premier?

I wish I had! Looking at the pictures it must be awesome, and having read one or two more-than-raving reviews this must be quite some amp/DAC combination. It seems the French created something special! Anyone has any comments on this amp so far?
  10. Zingem

Problems with speakerload?

Hi, I encountered following problem. When starting up my integrated amp (a Sansui I use on regular basis driving my speakers), and putting on an LP, I got weak signal, which was to expect as the volumeknob was almost set on minimum. So far so good! When I then turned the volumeknob to about...
  11. Zingem

Trouble with a Tandberg TPA-3006A

Hi folks, I'm new around AK, so forgive me if I put in a question that others have asked before, which will probably the case. But I had this nasty experience. Wanting a Tandberg poweramp for a long time and saving up for the occasion, I finally had my shot. A TPA-3006A in absolute mint...
  12. Zingem

Greetings from Belgium

Hello there, I'm a new member from the old continent. Being of the eclecting kind, I don't have a preference for one or two specific brands. But I do prefer vintage -and analogue- stuff in general. AK seems to me to be THE site Although I take o lot of interest in this hobby, I don't take...
Back
Top Bottom