Search results

1. Rex Aeterna

Member Rex Aeterna no longer with us

again, thank you.... and i agree... his words n vast knowledge he shared with you guys on audio is a great legacy.
  2. Rex Aeterna

he was 29 but yus waaaay to young....
  3. Rex Aeterna

Thank you all for your kind words. Thank you Bill for attending today. Julia
  4. Rex Aeterna

Rex Aeterna, AKA David, passed away last Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, leaving behind his father, 3...

Rex Aeterna, AKA David, passed away last Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017, leaving behind his father, 3 brothers, and his fiancée, Julia.
  5. Rex Aeterna

Are Emotiva Amps the best bang for the buck?

no. i eprsonally go with either qsc,crown,ashly or crest for power amps and call it a day. i find most home stuff in the hi-fi world tend to be over-priced and over-rated nowadays. most companies care more bout your pockets than quality stuff for the money.
  6. Rex Aeterna

JBL Behemoths....

doesn't matter what the fs is. can still get it to play lower than 30hz if wanted to. just the 2240's don't handle lot of power by today standards. they handle same output as the 2245's which are bout 600w program material wise within their limit. i blew a pair before with too much power from...
  7. Rex Aeterna

Sennheiser HD 700 - the best $150 headphones project

i use my modded hd800 for everything. they might be the most resolving headphone i ever owned but, doesn't stop me from enjoying them even off of my simple laptop headphone jack. even off of a decent/ok source the hd800 sounds better than just about anything else to me. they just improve with...
  8. Rex Aeterna

anyone know anything bout the jbl 2279f 18'' subwoofer?

thanks a lot for your reply! if the 2279 is similar to the 2268 then that'll be awesome cause the 2268 claims a 23mm Xmax excursion limit where a 2242 is only 9mm so, eq'ing them to reach 20hz would be no problem. the srx 828 cab itself is pretty large and probably can be rutuned very easily for...
  9. Rex Aeterna

there is a 2279h/f. just it's in srx/vtx/vrx subs only. seems can't find them as spare parts like the 2268's. i actually do plan on reconing my 2245h. defiantly never getting rid of that. i was looking at the dual 18'' jbl srx 828s's due to having a 1200w continuous pink noise power handling and...
  10. Rex Aeterna

hey, i plan on purchasing a sub in bout couple weeks or so due to my 2245h blowing. i need something with more power handling and abuse and was gonna just buy a 2242 but, spec wise the xmax and everything is very similar to the 2245h so, i'm only guessing it can't handle much more abuse than the...
  11. Rex Aeterna

What do you consider your primary headphones?

i can't personally say and not gonna claim my music memory is unmatched or anything. my df's were gone for bout couple years due to an accident with an old guitar amp head sending straight dc into the headphone jack blowing one driver so were never around when i bought my hd800's. i plan on...
  12. Rex Aeterna

What do you consider your primary headphones?

my main headphones back then before upgrading was my 240DF's. since they been gone for years and finally this year i upgraded and treated myself for my birthday/chrismas by buying pair of balanced Sennhesier HD800's with the SDR resonator mod already installed. i love them and defiantly my new...
  13. Rex Aeterna

Sennheiser hd800 - my new all time favorite headphone.

i had good time with the hd650 and liked them a lot. never found then dark or veil sounding like everyone claim them to be. found they had good top-end and air response even though can tell they had roll-off after 10khz but, that's normal with most diffused-field headphones and never bothered...
  14. Rex Aeterna

thanks. i got my pair for 680 so, think i didn't do that bad. it's already rewired balanced and and has the sdr mod done to them. it's completely reversible but, i don't think i'm gonna bother with it at all since i love the sound of them how they are now. only other thing i might do is make...
  15. Rex Aeterna

i like the 600's and 650's. just the 700 i never open up to. it has too much of a warm midbass and the weird metallic treble coloration bothered me as well. that's just me though. i know other people like them a good amount.
  16. Rex Aeterna

Carver PM-350.

i made same mistake first time around when i decided to use a pro amp for home. you have to use rca to ts jacks, not rca to trs. it's basically it's causing a short at the inputs. rca to ts is what you need. the yamaha pre would work fine with it.
  17. Rex Aeterna

i haven't made anything in the headphone forums in ages since i been out of the headphone game long time and me mostly being into my speakers and concentrating other things. this past couple months i decided it was time for me to get focus on getting myself the headphones i always wanted. i had...
  18. Rex Aeterna

Let's see your cans!

my dream headphone. can't put into words how good these sound.
  19. Rex Aeterna

Carver PM-350.

the carver pm series are nice sounding amps. i have a carver pm600 i like a lot. good clean sound. and probably the quietest pro amp i ever used. has very good s/n.
  20. Rex Aeterna

headphone users? what cans do you have?

i recently added some sennheiser hd800's to my stable. they are super dupont resonator modded. i love these so much. they make a perfect all rounder and has some of the best sounding bass and top-end i ever heard from a headphone and i went through a good amount of different dynamics, planers...
  21. Rex Aeterna

What's your latest audio purchase?

my dream headphones finally came yesterday.
  22. Rex Aeterna

What's your latest audio purchase?

well, i finally did it. i bought my dream headphones i been wanting for like the past few years. i bought myself a pair of sennheiser HD800's. they should be here hopefully by the end of the week. i can't tell you how excited and anxious i am. finally gonna own a pair of my dream headphones...
  23. Rex Aeterna

headphone users? what cans do you have?

well, i just recently got back into headphones lately. i own pair of modded fostex t50rp's but, just recently went and bought myself a pair of my end-game dream headphones after so many years of wanting and waiting, pair of sennheiser hd800's! super excited and should have them by end of this...
  24. Rex Aeterna

Technics SB-7000A

i would never see these as party speakers.... the dome tweeters are way too fragile and delicate on them for any type of ''cranking''....if want party speakers i would of just gone for some older peavey sp2's or older jbl pa stuff for partying....
  25. Rex Aeterna

Technics SB-7000A

they're very good speakers and loved them when i use to own them. defiantly under-rated speakers. if i had a larger living area i would still own them cause they ranked to one of my favorites of speakers ever owned or heard. if can get a pair for a great price, the fragile dome tweeters are...
Back
Top Bottom