Search results

1. spacemanx1

AU-517 AND AU-919 Troubleshooting

Good info thanks Lee. Could you elaborate on the "black flag" caps? Are these on the 2839 board, possibly C01-C04? I still need to open the Amp up, I will then make an assessment of what may have already been changed.
  2. spacemanx1

Thanks for the reply Lee, makes sense, I understand. So if the voltages on the board are within 1V that is sufficient? I had one other question regarding the time it takes the protector circuit to "kick in" to a solid LED. Is there a specific component that dictates the amount of time or is...
  3. spacemanx1

Here is a quick update if anyone cares. Finished the re-cap of the 2675 board, cleaning adhesive and damaged components. Hooked all the cut components from the protector circuit and the amp fired up fine. Set all the VR01,02 and 03 pots initially and re adjusted the after the amp was up to...
  4. spacemanx1

Thanks John for the feedback. Petehall347, thanks for the note on 608 will check out of circuit. I took a wag and ordered the following, if anyone thinks these equivalents are a bad choice please let me know. D602 1 DIODE 10D2 1S2227 1N4003 D608 2 DIODE 10D1 1S2226 1N4002 D606 DIODE 1S2473...
  5. spacemanx1

Hi folks.:) Well since the AU571 recap on the L/R channel boards went well and I had to pull the power supply board I opted to just do the recap on this board before hooking back up the disconnected components on the PS board. I measured a few of the diodes and some appear to be bad, one that...
  6. spacemanx1

Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure if it was something I was doing. In any case what is missing from above. I am in Phoenix, if anyone has a good tech they would trust to look at the 919 I would appreciate it. In regards to the 517, just to re-iterate I found I found D17, D18, D606 and R621 that was...
  7. spacemanx1

Hmm, my last post is missing along with the reply from Hyperion that I saw via email. Server issues or am I limited to the number of "posts" somehow?
  8. spacemanx1

Thanks folks on the thoughts and ideas. Well I certainly don't have an EE degree and I know there is nothing more dangerous than a ME trying to do a EE's work! I don't have much more than some voltmeters and scopes, obviously no sig-gens or anything like that. These units have way too much...
  9. spacemanx1

Hi, thanks for the reply. My brother bought the 919 new back in the 70's and handed it down to me about 20 years ago. It has been "tuned" and cleaned several times, I had it repaired some years back for an intermittent channel but don't recall the details on what was fixed, quite frankly I...
  10. spacemanx1

Hi folks!:) I am a new to this site and was hoping to find a "expert(s)" that would be generous enough to provide some troubleshooting suggestions. I have two separate amps with two different issues. I understand basic electronics and have schematics for these units, I am in need of a...
Back
Top Bottom