Search results

1. mforys

Minnesota Meetup

There was some interest in a meetup this fall. I would be happy to host it at my house in St. Paul. I live in Highland Park, just north of the airport. I have a huge garage with a room up top that I would be happy to volunteer. I am open October 19/20 or 26/27. We could also look into...
  2. mforys

My new DIY 3" Full Rangers

Just finished building these new full range speakers for my basement. I wanted something compact that would sound good in a small space. Built using Aurasound NS3-193-8A1 3" Black Cone Fullrange drivers from Madisound. Built 2.5 ltr boxes, stuffed and sealed. Please forgive the veneer...
  3. mforys

Ohighway GTG

Bought a tuner from Ohighway. Great to deal with and packed the tuner well. Thanks! A++
  4. mforys

Weekend Project - 12V Boombox

I quickly built this boombox to use at a softball tournament this weekend. The sounds is pretty good, and more importantly it gets fairly loud. Here are the parts and costs- Lepai Tamp - $25 Battery - $30 Drivers from Leesonic - $40 Scrap wood - Free
  5. mforys

Help needed with Radioshack Pot

I am building a passive preamp with a Radioshack pot. However it is not working correctly. I suspect it may be the way I have the pot hooked up. Can anyone take a look and help me out?
  6. mforys

One more Redboy HH passive preamp

Built this passive preamp based off the ubiquitous Redboy HH design. The parts were purchased from AK sponsor Partsconnexion. Cost was $40. Bought the wooden box at Joann Fabrics for $1.25. Used a single coat of walnut stain on the box. Sounds great. Now, I just need to...
  7. mforys

Wire recomendation needed

I just got into soldering and building my own audio projects. Google and AK have been my friends in answering most of my questions. However, one question eludes me... What wire do you guys recommend for amp, crossover and speaker building? Links for purchasing would be extra appreciated!
  8. mforys

Maggie Console on CL

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/atq/3356827277.html Can anyone ID this maggie? Is it tubed or not?
  9. mforys

Blue Note Ipad App

I downloaded this app a week or so ago and I love it. I wanted to pass it along to you guys. Access to a wide range of the Bluenote library for a $2 per month fee. The files are high resolution. The articles are great as well. This link gives you the jist of it...
  10. mforys

Yamaha A-S500 initial review

I recently purchased a set of Polk LSi-7s in Bartertown and my modified Magnavox 9302 tube amp did not seem up to the task of driving the new speakers. That put me on the hunt for a modern integrated amp. After much research online I decided to purchase a Yamaha A-S500. The key factors in my...
  11. mforys

Magnavox 9302 to run 4ohm speakers

A few of questions on this... 1. Is there a possibility of damaging my amp running a 4ohm load? 2. How would this increase the wattage of my amp (about 10-12 watts now). 3. Is there an upgrade that could be done to make this safer and better sounding (Edcors, rewiring, et al)? Thank you...
  12. mforys

sanford12 is gtg

Bought a pair of speakers from sanford12. They were well packed and shipped quickly. Would do business with Mark again.
  13. mforys

Listening to my entire jazz collection

Lately, I seem to spend all of my time lusting after system improvements instead of listening to my record collection. In light of this I will not purchase another piece of equipment until I listen to my entire jazz collection. My equipment for this journey. Magnavox 9302 (refreshed and...
  14. mforys

It's official - SL1200 Best Turntable Ever!

See link. Even the Prince uses them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y4O5c10tKd8#! Tongue firmly in cheek
  15. mforys

Issue with PAS2/3X

I bought this preamp recently and I am now having an issue. Any advice would be appreciated... Preamp has a new linestage board and updated power supply. The tubes in the line stage new, while the tubes in the phono stage are not. I am unsure on the age and condition of the 12X4. I looked over...
  16. mforys

My new tube system

I finally feel that I can post my system. I apologize for the pictures, but it is impossible to take a good picture in the basement. Not impossible, but I do not want to get out my tripod for my small system. My system... Magnavox 9300 amp (recapped and modded by battradio). Kenwood Basic...
  17. mforys

Pioneer CS-R500 at St. Paul Goodwill

Mid pressed in on one, woofer looks damaged on the other. Priced at 9.99 each. Also, Infinity ss-2003 in very nice shape. 9.99 each. This is the goodwill on University Ave in St. Paul. Go get em!
  18. mforys

Can I get into MAC for $500

I recently got a small bonus for work, and I would like to get into Mcintosh. Can I get in the door with an amp or integrated for $500? If yes, what would you recommend?
  19. mforys

Adding a power switch to a Magnavox 9302

I am new to this whole game and I have a simple question. How do I add a power switch to my Magnavox 9302-10. I have been studying the spec and photos and I am still confused. I would like to keep the harness in place, so that I can place the amp back into the console for the summer months...
  20. mforys

Help Identifying a Magnavox Console

Anyone have any ideas?
  21. mforys

Video of the new Wilco Album being mastered and pressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QccU9syNWJw&feature=player_embedded
  22. mforys

Headed to Austin TX - Need record store recommendations

Can anyone local recommend some good record stores to check out? Primarily interested in Jazz vinyl. Thank you in advance.
  23. mforys

A-2 Cube Review

I am interested in adding this to my desktop setup at work. Can anyone point me to a review of this product? Personal or professional.
  24. mforys

Wharfdale , TEAC, Pioneer, Garrard in MN

Located at the Unique Thrift Store in New Hope MN. They are asking $1000 for all of these items. 20% off on Tuesdays! Pioneer SX1500TD, not sure on the TT Wharfdale W70D Mark II's and TEAC They also have a pair of KLH Model 32's at the store.
  25. mforys

How do I know if you need more wattage?

Can someone help me with this question? I currently use a 50 wpc Denon receiver to push my EPI500 speakers. Yesterday while my wife was away I turned the receiver almost all the way to the top and it did not seem to be stressing my speakers at all. This seemed really odd to me.
Back
Top Bottom