Search results

1. zebulon1

FM Alignment Tech in MI?

Cursor?
  2. zebulon1

Pioneer SX-980

Ask here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/dollars-and-sense.128/
  3. zebulon1

Pioneer SX-980

It uses the MT-200 outputs package. And it has the PA2001 tuner chip. All can be replaced with a work a around.
  4. zebulon1

What is the consensus on replacing working transistors?

Getting heated. There's no way you can maintain to original. So you'll buy a donor to get the original component? That's like buying a used muffler for your Mustang. Even back when these sets were relatively new, some components were hard to find. Service centers had to use replacements. You...
  5. zebulon1

I like to keep the original flavor too but it’s not practical when restoring a piece for a guy that pays for a proper job. The guys I work for want reliability and live across country. They remember the days when going to the shop was not uncommon. I work on probabilities based on mine and other...
  6. zebulon1

Pioneer SX-650 Tuner Issue

When you used the other front end, did you get the stereo indicator? You could follow the FM RF alignment in the manual. Its pretty straight forward. The Sencore manual should give some instruction on a general procedure as well? If you don't see any improvement, or can't get a result then...
  7. zebulon1

scored 2 vintage pioneers.

I’ve grown to really appreciate the Pioneer NSA circuit in the SX-3xxx models. So unique in that time frame. They do require some extra attention to keep in good operation. Lots of threads here to read about. Using proper service practices for those way cool Pioneers.
  8. zebulon1

restorer-John is right. There are many reasons a guy might replace some transistors. The modern subs generally are superior to the old Originals if they are properly sourced for ratings and suppliers. The lists in this forum can be trusted when developed by those respected members. The...
  9. zebulon1

Yes, just what you were planing. I wanted to mention my thoughts on high watt amps. I’ve had some failures in a few receivers I had left the original drivers and outputs in, hoping to keep any of the patina that was left. It doesn’t seem like it’s a good idea anymore.
  10. zebulon1

I'd stick with your plan. Some drivers in the big watt units along with the outputs if you have the money.
  11. zebulon1

SX 1250 help

Is the right dropping out in FM only?
  12. zebulon1

SX 1250 help

Pesky filter buttons? Just had the 30hz act up yesterday.
  13. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

What about the signal outputs from the function board and performing your procedure again?
  14. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

C19 on the Function board 220/6.3 in backwards?
  15. zebulon1

FM Alignment Tech in MI?

Nice. Your going to have fun with that.
  16. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

That is normal.
  17. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

Fingers crossed.
  18. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

If you look at the block diagram above you'll see a ground lead at the function switch for the AUX only (I think it actually grounds all the unused inputs). It grounds the AUX input when not selected. Look at that circuit. Switch "S3" on the block schematic. Pin 14 on the Function/EQ board...
  19. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

The KSC1845 is correct. Make sure it's installed correctly.
  20. zebulon1

SX-1000TW popping in phono even when tonearm at rest

Probably one the EQ transistors. Is the popping in both channels? Is the popping in all the Functions, like FM, AM, AUX etc..
  21. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

Q3 is a mute circuit for the AM function. Not sure if this would cause an issue if in a mono or like Doc says more cleaning. You could remove the Q3 transistor and see if the condition changes?
  22. zebulon1

Sx-980 weird issue

I think I understand the issue better than the last time posted this problem. Have you tried an input for the AUX other than the phone? What about the phone on another input like the Phono 1, or Tape Playback? You would have to dial down the volume on the phone when using Phono. There's a weird...
  23. zebulon1

FM Alignment Tech in MI?

There is cheaper equipment that can get you really close (enough). For instance, The TinySA would work For the RF part. A old 75mHz scope would do it. There's cords and adapters you'll need but you could tinker and learn something too? Xraytony (YouTuber) recently did a 1280 alignment and he did...
  24. zebulon1

FM Alignment Tech in MI?

Copy that. I can feel the frustration in a guys voice when I say virtually the same thing. If you want to send to me I'll do it right. We can talk about the fees privately.
  25. zebulon1

FM Alignment Tech in MI?

I thought about not posting this: So what would you pay for the service? I do feel the $700 is a little high. Its hard to tell a guy than a small receiver almost as much work as a larger one. If a guy takes it on and does a proper job. Hopefully, elevates any returns and he will own the work...
Back
Top Bottom