Search results

1. pioneer54

AK's 20th anniversary - June 18, 2022

i'm member 9697 joined in 05 and i was thinking it didn't take to long to reach 50K.
  2. pioneer54

AK's 20th anniversary - June 18, 2022

i recall there was a contest to guess the time and date that the 50k member would sign up. i believe the prize was a piece of equipment. can't recall who won or what the prize was.
  3. pioneer54

What is your occupation?

retired ( for 18 months ) commercial fisherman on the great lakes. ( erie and huron ) 35 years, retired with a hearty handshake and a fine farewell. ( zero benefits) fortunately I invested early.
  4. pioneer54

buddy guy

mostly music but he did kabits with the audience. he did swear alot that was funny at first but i thought wore thin the more he did it.
  5. pioneer54

buddy guy

seen buddy guy wed nite in london. ( canada ) i debated whether to go or not because he's 78 and i thought he would mostly sing and let the band do all the work like bb king does. boy was i wrong. buddy plays like he's a 30 year old. still plays like hell. he has a 16 year old protege guitarist...
  6. pioneer54

audio cassettes

it says- double coating for clear, powerful sound with super low noise. also has type II high (CrO2) position and for CD on the celophane. notice it has the cro2 in bracketts which i take to mean recommended an they are not chromium tapes.
  7. pioneer54

audio cassettes

scored a box of fuji zII type 2 hi bias. all tapes still cellophane wrapped. couldn't pass them up at $1.99.
  8. pioneer54

70's Luxman amps

two no less!! yea, me and the wife were cruzin in the Datsun. while coming into a small rural town, out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimps of these amps and some other items that was out for the garbage day. I couldn't believe the amps were garbage so I stopped and knocked on the...
  9. pioneer54

Oh man.. I almost forgot to wear Green..ha

happy st. paddy's day happy st. paddy's day to all our fellow irish members.:yes: wearin the green, green beer, and irish stew.
  10. pioneer54

70's Luxman amps

L530 i salvaged two L530 amps that needed work. they are very heavy and I think are rated 100 watts. I just located a local electronic repair guy, claims to fix anything with a plug. I'm going to look him up to see if these units are worth putting any money into. anyone here have a L530? how do...
  11. pioneer54

5.38 pound Sunfish

that's what we call a JUMBO up here.
  12. pioneer54

Need help picking some speakers...

I would try to avoid shipping using ebay or craigslist. only if you can do a pickup. be patient, something local will come up with a price you can't refuse.
  13. pioneer54

headphones $2

tax included. when I saw they were made in japan I thought I'd pick them up. they are old and clunky but sound alright. made by monarch.
  14. pioneer54

new gear

series Vl. was the earlier series larger in size? seem to me that these were a lot bigger back in the day.
  15. pioneer54

new gear

I warned him about refoaming now that u mentioned it. back in the 70's the bose were very expensive. only doctors and lawyers could afford them. I agree with the marketing strategy, which was also employed to the bose wave.
  16. pioneer54

new gear

my brother emailed and said he just bought a pair of bose 901. told me i could try them out. what's peculiar is he doesn't have any gear to play them. all his music is digital on his iphone. I seen these on kijiji for $600 but wasn't interested. i dropped by to look at them and i was surprised...
  17. pioneer54

Happy Birthday Luvvinvinyl

wooohooo!! :banana: another year older another year closer to retirement!! have a cold one on me happy b-day :thmbsp::music:
  18. pioneer54

Happy New Year to everyone.

prosperity and good health to all our fellow members in the new year.
  19. pioneer54

I Retired Today!

congrats with your retirement. next month I turn 60. i'll officially be an old fart. I'm relatively still healthy and I plan on working for 2 or 3 more years. fortunately the Canadian government provides health care, i'll only have to worry about the drugs. that's plan A.
  20. pioneer54

Merry Christmas my fellow AK'ers!

happy festivus to all my fellow members. :music::music:
  21. pioneer54

Recommend me some Jazz!

the jazz crusaders still one of my all time favorites. the earliest lps are the best.
  22. pioneer54

Brewing Coffee - How do you make your cup of joe?

i use a Cuisinart that was given to me. it's a $100 machine. folgers or Maxwell house, really can't tell the difference. tried a French press from the thrift store for $2. made a mighty fine cup of joe but the hassel of cleanup didn't make it worth it. i don't like to rinse the grinds down the...
  23. pioneer54

10,000 posts, baby... Episode 1... The Phantom Menace

congrats. your officially a bonafide post whore. :banana::yes::thmbsp: keep up the good work.
  24. pioneer54

What did you cook for dinner?

chicken stir fry two chicken breast cut up and fried in a titch of olive oil fried mushrooms one yellow pepper and one red pepper cut into strips one lb of asparagus cut into pieces a few slices of sweet onion chopped green onion add some stir fry and oyster sauce mixed and cooked till...
  25. pioneer54

Best Guitar Solos

hotel california solo, one of my favorites.
Back
Top Bottom