Search results

1. rhaacke

Console identity?

Radio Shack receiver, Dual turntable, Fisher tape deck if I remember right. Nothing of interest. The heavy speakers got my attention. If one piece inside had been worth while I would have bought it. Price was only 50 dollars. Who made woofers with white surrounds?
  2. rhaacke

Console identity?

Anybody familiar with this console? Just some junk gear in it from CRAZY EDDY'S. Speakers are what interested me. Built in and very heavy. Three way with woofers with white surrounds. No makers mark any where. Nice well built piece
  3. rhaacke

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

Mixed in with a lot I just bought on Ebay.
  4. rhaacke

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

From my favorite haunt for the used and discarded: Atmospheres Voyage to Uranus Van Morrison Veedon Fleece Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks---great copy Taj Mahal The Natch'l Blues---great copy Segovia Granada---still in shrink The Byrds Ballad of Easy Rider--just got this on...
  5. rhaacke

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Nice Pioneer receiver SX-828 for $12 at a local thrift. And a Pioneer tape deck CT-F1250 from Craigslist for $75. Deck needs new belts. Already in the post.
  6. rhaacke

Good finds at Goodwill this morning. Arlo Guthrie Alice's Restaurant shrinked wrapped tri-color reprise label John McCormack sings irish songs rca camden Old and In the Way rounder Flatt & Scruggs with Doc Watson Strictly Instrumental columbia two eye Doc Watson Southbound vanguard...
  7. rhaacke

Anybody know my name?

Heard from the owner the other day. The speakers are Grundigs. No model number mentioned. Think I'll pass. Too much work dealing with the white paint. Already have a pair of AR-2's that someone painted white to work on. Think I'll repaint them black with new linen grills. They were...
  8. rhaacke

Anybody know my name?

Starting to sound like more style than substance. I've got enough speaker projects now. A lot of work involved trying to get white paint off those speaker fronts.
  9. rhaacke

Anybody know my name?

That's what I thought also. Something there on both cabinets fronts at the bottom. Waiting for the seller to reply.
  10. rhaacke

Anybody know my name?

Are these speaker cabinets homemade? Not sure whats inside yet. Haven't heard back from the seller. Anybody seen this design before?
  11. rhaacke

Three more yesterday at an antique mall.... Love..... Four Sail Ry Cooder....Bop Till You Drop David Lindley....El Rayo-X
  12. rhaacke

Spent a relaxing hour at Plan9 in Charlottesville yesterday. The James Cotton Band Tyla Gang Yachtless still sealed The Gerry Mulligan Quartet What Is There To Say Columbia six eye Norton Buffalo Desert Horizon Cactus Restrictions Cactus One Way...Or Another with poster Count Basie and...
  13. rhaacke

Most underated classic rock lp's

Southside Johnny and the Jukes...first two albums The Nighthawks...early stuff The Motors Elvis Costello and the Attractions...first two albums Steely Dan...anything Maggie Bell Blue Mink Roxy Music Roy Wood's Wizard Live and Let Die...great soundtrack...George Martin production Harry...
  14. rhaacke

Humming Grado and Me!

Humming Grado... Great hobo name....Boxcar Willies' younger brother
  15. rhaacke

It's a dog...painting by Goya I think.
  16. rhaacke

Did AR sub-out their cabinets

Might be the maker of the plywood not a cabinet fabricator.
  17. rhaacke

New from Richmond, VA

Howdy neighbor. Welcome from Keswick near C'ville.
  18. rhaacke

Some nice finds yesterday. Sleeves could be better but the vinyl is excellent. Count Basie Basie One More Time on Forum Erroll Garner Concert By The Sea six eye Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Changes two eye still in shrink East Coast Jazz Series #7 K & JJ on Bethlehem Red Nichols Parade of...
  19. rhaacke

Cincinnati Chili fans!?!

Okay...I am hungry. What the hell is in it?
  20. rhaacke

Cincinnati Chili fans!?!

I'll try a bowl. What's in it? You do serve it in a bowl with a spoon right?
  21. rhaacke

Is it just me or do these look bad?

They're already on the way. Still cleaning up but it looks like the two caps are the worst. Judging by the corrosion on the bottom plate below the bad caps they had been failing for awhile. These are easy to replace but the rest is probably above my pay grade.
  22. rhaacke

Is it just me or do these look bad?

Got a 2325 from a fellow at work that has seen better days. He got it while in the service in Europe then hauled it around the country when he got back home. Had it stored at his mother's house, then there was a fire, then water damage... $150 for the receiver and a Technics SL-1300...
  23. rhaacke

Not so White Album! Covers water damaged. Albums cleaned up okay.
  24. rhaacke

Coffee in the morning.

Coffee is the true universal solvent. Makes everything and everyone bearable.
  25. rhaacke

Rough copy but playable. Didn't look at the red scribble on the back till I got home. Anybody know what Chico Hamilton's signature looks like? Music is excellent through out. I'll have to find a decent copy. West Coast sounds thru east coast speakers....AR-4xs.
Back
Top Bottom