Search results

1. Teradacto58

Pro linear speakers

I have a few pair of Vintage Pro Linears ....All of them have been excellent! I have a couple of the Stage series....Reminds me similar to the Dynaco A25's ..surrounds seem softer! The other ones have treated accordian suspensions. They seem to pound the Rock Tunes out well!! I would never pass...
  2. Teradacto58

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I have lost count on my speakers ..somewhere around 70 pairs at the moment.... I love my Dynaco A25's, Cambridge Audio R50's, Tangent R5 Applewood, Pioneer HPM 100's, Bose 901's Sansui SP 2500 ,...4x.JBL L36, 4x Celestion Ditton 25's , Celestion 15XL, Wharfedale W3's ...
  3. Teradacto58

What song/s do you use to test new equipment - max 3

Money - Pink Floyd Sultans of Swing - Mark Knopfler Mississippi Queen - Mountain
  4. Teradacto58

Why is the AR 3A so desirable?

I have a pair of AR3a's and a pair of AR2's....found them at a GW about 15 years back for $12/pair. Sound good! Seen a pair on Ebay Japan restored...about 6 years..They were asking $2200 U.S.
  5. Teradacto58

JBL L36 anyone?

I have 4x.....Really make my Sansui 8080 Purrrrrr!!
  6. Teradacto58

Can old blown drivers be recycled?

Ive gone fishing a few times with the magnets....1st time I pulled up $6.00 cdn in change!..off a wharf
  7. Teradacto58

Infinity Monitor II speakers thoughts.

My friend had a pair loved the sound. I thought the Watkins woofers had dual voice coils?? Im going to build a pair when I retire in a few years...unless I find a pair cheap!! I passed on a pair a few Christmases Past....wasn't the right time to bring another pair of speakers in the...
  8. Teradacto58

Realistic Minimus 7 ID Thread

I had some other 8" RadioShack WOOFERS ....the magnets were exactly like the woofers from my Bose 601's....only difference was it was missing the name Bose cast in the gold anodized steel magnet backing plates.
  9. Teradacto58

I'm going to make a Minimus 7 Wall....
  10. Teradacto58

AR 11 woofers??

Go to Parts Express.Com....very good prices! Should find something!!!
  11. Teradacto58

Warfdale 225

80th Denton 60 % off at Music Direct....on for $399.00 Hmmmm??
  12. Teradacto58

Help to rebuild Canton CT-90 Crossover (I mean, almost the entire boxes)

If your sister lives in the States get a Parts Express Catalog,,,,lots of good replacement parts and drivers reasonable!!!
  13. Teradacto58

Another Mystery Speaker ID

Ain't No Wharfedales!!!! Not even close....I have owned many! ...and still have a few vintage! Some of the Baycrest speakers were similar to Dynaco A25's....I believe it was the Plus 2's ...10" rubber woofer & phenolic tweets...I have 3 pairs ...they sound pretty good!! I also own the Dynaco...
  14. Teradacto58

My count on the Minimus 7's are now at 27....I have them stashed away in about 8 different places...Mostly all black...maybe 4 in silver...no whites! I'm rebuilding a shed and hopefully building another...in my back yard this year....which will hold my overflow of vintage audio. Hoping to...
  15. Teradacto58

AR-2ax repair

Found a pair of 2ax and 3's for $12/pair each...at Goodwill.....all early ones cloth rolled....,all pots need cleaning.They are still in storage...along with 50 more project speakers!
  16. Teradacto58

Please Help Identify Wood Type

I'm going to say Elm or a clear Pecan...
  17. Teradacto58

RFT K14-KB German speakers. Opinions please ?

Found a pair for $7.99 at a local SA....sound pretty sweet!! My son has a similar pair with metal fronts...no LED's..
  18. Teradacto58

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Wow!...Good story.....Mine is a little simpler!..I found my AR3A's for $12.00/pair...at a Goodwill....then later the AR2's appeared for $12.00/pair also....along with a pair of JBL L65's....needing refoaming for $12.00/pair....(parted out the JBL's for $547.00...I still have the 2x 12" woofers)...
  19. Teradacto58

can you help id these?

do the grills come off?
  20. Teradacto58

Tangent RS6 find...

I have never tried to take them apart....they are in storage...behind 16' of other vintage audio....in their original boxes...inside my insulated 18' cube van!
  21. Teradacto58

How many speakers do you own?

Everywhere...and anywhere,,,out of site!...not much room at the Inn left!
  22. Teradacto58

Rogers BBC Studio Monitor Find - Help

My friend's 16 ohm JBL's D130's rocked the house...with a Decca 10 watt tube amp!!...all 1958 vintage!
  23. Teradacto58

Rogers BBC Studio Monitor Find - Help

Hmmm?....Gas from Abby to Vancouver .....around $20 bucks on the average vehicle!.....OUCH!! Amazing they weren't gone before you seen the add! The" Holland" woofer is definately a Philips...We have had many of them....If it had the rubber suspenion...it would be as good as the original driver...
  24. Teradacto58

JBL L100a's

I found a very nice pair of L100T's "Empty"...at a thrift store a couple years back...I think they were...$12.00...Nice oak veneer...all around...back too!. I have JBL drivers to fit...in storage at the moment..with too many other projects!!
  25. Teradacto58

what are "kabuki speakers"???

Out here on the West Coast ....people refering to Kabuki speakers ....also identify them with having the fretwork grills..even the smaller are counted in this description also!
Back
Top Bottom