Search results

1. Fairlane

Todays Transfer Station Haul

Found this old Sears Silvertone radio console in the recycle pile. It was laying face down and at first I thought is was a solid state unit. But I had my trusty Swiss Army knife and removed two screws and was greeted by vintage tubes. So needless to say it went into my truck. Have always...
  2. Fairlane

What's your latest audio purchase?

Picked up this nice original 1060 from the owners son. Even got the original owners manual. Initial fire up the volume output was super low on all inputs. Figured it was the power supply more than likely. Well I had the caps on hand bingo she sings beautifully now. These have a special...
  3. Fairlane

Marantz 2015 light trouble

Fuse blew for a reason. I would replace it and turn the unit on using a dim bulb tester and go from there. A quick search on here will tell what a dim bulb tester is and how easy it is to build one. The 2015 is a sweet little receiver and you don't want to mess up. Do you have the schematic to...
  4. Fairlane

Marantz 2245 pre-purchase advise...

So.. Did you get it SFP?
  5. Fairlane

Never seen anything like this before...

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, yuck!
  6. Fairlane

Marantz 2245 pre-purchase advise...

I would get it if it works and is in great cosmetic condition. They are not making any more of them. For the record it will have been made by Superscope Japan, not the in the US. Nothing wrong with that at all, they are really well made and easy(ish) To work on. Make sure you can listen to it...
  7. Fairlane

First time powering used MC30

Lucky find!
  8. Fairlane

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Picked up these Spendor BC1'S last Saturday with nice non original steel stands. Grills are nice I just removed them to thoroughly check out the drivers etc. Had a pair not long ago and sold them, but.. Immediately regreted that move and told myself if a nice pair pop up again I would snag...
  9. Fairlane

thoughts on market price for classic audio equipment?

As someone who has vintage receivers and separates and love them all for different reasons including sound, nostalgia, looks etc. If you can afford the 1980 at that price and it ticks all the boxes for you I would get it. But it needs to be in good overall working condition as mentioned...
  10. Fairlane

SX-939 Question

Needs the power supply updated and new filter caps for starters. The 939 is a nice unit and deserves updating.
  11. Fairlane

Baby bookshelf find: TDC Point Six

Nice grab. Would have snagged those in a heart beat too! So what is your real world impression of their sound?
  12. Fairlane

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Great when goals come together. Happy for you James! Enjoy the combo.
  13. Fairlane

Mac 4100 or Marantz 2270?

Think that case is very fixable and will look nice with your 2270 inside. Hopefully you can keep the nice patina it has.
  14. Fairlane

Better to leave out of wood case?

I run mine in the case because it's lovely to look at.
  15. Fairlane

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Picked up this little beauty. Concept 2.0. Have its big brother the 16.5 so now I have both ends of the Concept line. Sounds really nice! The Concept sound and build quality is all there.
  16. Fairlane

ONKYO M-508 Shipping damage

That sucks Glenn. If it's any consolation I have had decent luck with all these carriers. USPS, FedEx, UPS just takes them time to process. Key is pics and documentation which you have. Enjoy the sound in the meantime!
  17. Fairlane

Cinaudagraph speakers

Well, you can't judge a book by it cover as they say. Bet they would sound even better with tubes.
  18. Fairlane

SX-1250 issue

Pin 13 should be -65 volts. Are you reading it correctly?
  19. Fairlane

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

Great Audio Karma indeed! Very nice result.
  20. Fairlane

SX-1250 issue

Service manual tells how to do the test on the amplifier boards and power supply adjustment. Gives voltages too and what pin to find them on. However if are are not comfortable doing this and do not have mini-grabbers for you volt meter it's easy to blow stuff up if you slip. At a minimum tape...
  21. Fairlane

Welcome. Have some Pioneer in your stable?
  22. Fairlane

That's a good price for the current market. Won't last at that price if it is advertised.
  23. Fairlane

Bang for the Buck - Upgrade Cerwin Vega D3's to Yamaha NS-1000's?

For what it's worth I replaced the cheap spring terminals and the tiny wire that connected them to the crossover with good #12 speaker wire. Made a noticeable difference in the lower frequencies. Overall they sound even better IMHO.
  24. Fairlane

SX-1250 issue

It's going into protection by what you describe. I would start with taking voltages on the pins of the AWR-106 board and match your readings to the service manual schematic and see what you got. Can you measure the millivolt output on the speaker terminals while it is working and watch what...
Back
Top Bottom