Search results

1. F

Sansui G5700, No sound, need tech info about possible unusal solution

I was stupid enough too let someone borrow my G5700 for a while, and got it back silent. I suspect that it was hooked up too more than one pair of speakers, and driven hard enough too blow the output stage. Since then it has been stored for some years. I don't think I am able to fix this my...
  2. F

JBL "square" drivers decor ring source.

JBL`s "Square" drivers like LE8T, LE10, and LE14 have a plastic ring glued on top of the surround. At least on the 10" drivers it seems like there are 2 versions of this plastic ring. one are square when looked at from the end, and this is what I got with my C8R111H recone kits. the baskets...
  3. F

Spider stiffness grades.

Spiders are usually graded A, B, C, D, E. but i have forgot if these grades go from stiff to soft or the opposite way. Can anyone take the bother to remind me?
  4. F

Considers subwoofer build, need advice regarding group delay

I have done some simulations on 3 alternatives and got the group delay curves shown in the attachment The curve with the highest gd are the most economical alternative, and also whats gives the greatest extension, the question are therefore. Would the gd make this audibly inferior compared...
  5. F

Anyone ever tried Chinese cones for their JBL drivers?

Ran into this auction And it seems that the wendor has cones for 15" and 12" woofers to Have anyone tried any of these cones and can share their impressions? Oem kits are no option so please don nag about them, these are intended for customizing 2241, 2242, 2226 and 2206 baskets into...
  6. F

Turning speakers upside down?

Are there any drawbacks to use speakers upside down as long as the tweeter are placed correct listening heigth? The main reason i ask are because i playing with the idea of building a set of speakers based on a exsisting construction, but with an 15" woofer in addition to the orginal 8" - 3"...
  7. F

Adding woofer to 3 way, baffle width?

I have a pair of JBL XPL 140 wich i like a lot, but i need some input on some ideas and how to realize them. My plan are to reuse the drivers and the xover in a new cabinet with room for an additional 15" driver crossed in actively with minidsp, basically creating something like a semi active...
  8. F

How different are they? (JBL 8`s)

I have good pair of JBL 2118H`s here And are avaiting a pair of 2118J who needs reconing. When searching for info, looking at pics and recone parts i have noticed quite a few similarities with other JBL 8`s 2119 looks to have just a different moving assembly in the same basket as the...
  9. F

where to get Custom recones

Hello. I have 4 JBL 2226 baskets that will need recones to be usable for anything. If im going with stock recones i i will have to use them in systems i strongely belive are better utilized with smaller drivers. or to sell them Seeing that the market offers loads of parts for JBL units i...
  10. F

Jbl 2118h + b&c me15 + b&c de250-8.

Have anyone any experience with mating these parts into a small speaker? Sims show me that the 2118H should be able to handle surround duty in a 0,5 - 0,6 cuft ported enclosure. and should be able to play very loud without much input power The DE250 seems to be a well rumored 1" driver...
  11. F

4pi + 15" subs.

Hello I have 4 JBL 2226 baskets i plan to recone, and since i have no luck in getting any responce from a guy who could help me getting me parts for using them as real woofers in a 3 way system, i probably have to go with oem or aftermarket 2226H kits. If thats the only solution i migth as...
Back
Top Bottom