Search results

1. HTHMAN

I found my remote

When I moved to my new house, I carefully packed all my equipment along with the appropriate remotes. I had an older Yamaha AVR in a secondary system and when I got around to hooking it up in the basement of the new house, the remote was missing. After a couple months of digging thru every...
  2. HTHMAN

Are lower EV prices tempting?

I have noticed a lot of ads from Chevrolet primarily about EVs. What I noted was the relatively low price in the $20's for a small EV. For me, an EV would be as a second vehicle for around town driving. Anyone considering this, and what would be your target price?
  3. HTHMAN

Music editing

This pretty much sums up a lot of our discussions.
  4. HTHMAN

Poll: Are high gas prices pushing you toward an EV?

Just wondering if the high prices are having that effect. Or, just how high do they need to go? Must vote to see results.
  5. HTHMAN

New episode every week..

I am getting tired of this. I like to binge series and hate it when the streaming services release their new series a week at a time. It is like watching network TV. I understand it is to try to get you to stick with their service, but it irritates me. Thoughts?
  6. HTHMAN

USFL first game thoughts

In a thought, I was underwhelmed. I know it was the first week and it has to get better. The stands seemed half empty. Maybe Easter weekend was not a good time to launch. Some of the fish eye camera shots sort of seemed disoriented. But, at least it was football.
  7. HTHMAN

If you were to buy a new vehicle.....

Would you go all in with an EV, stick with ICE or go hybrid? Must vote to view results.
  8. HTHMAN

Gas mileage differences from different brands of gas

I have a 2020 Subaru Outback. I am a Costco member and the gas is usually a little less there than at the other stations. Sometimes the lines are just too long and I fill up at a Walmart pump nearby. I have been consistently noting that I get 2-3 mpg better on the Walmart gas than Costco. In...
  9. HTHMAN

Disaster movies.. Your first or best?

I got a recommendation from Amazon Prime to watch Final Descent (1997). It was an airplane disaster movie and I had not watched one for a long time and I used to enjoy them. I got to thinking and the earliest I can remember watching was The Towering Inferno (1974). What was your earliest or...
  10. HTHMAN

In case Bose was not good enough for you

Saw this ad and just had to share. This is the future...
  11. HTHMAN

The Lyrics We Think We Heard

We have all gotten some lyrics wrong when we sang along with our favorite songs. Post your favorite wrong lyrics so we can all have a laugh. In the spirit of Christmas, I will start with Brenda Lee's "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" I had someone tell me this is what she was really singing...
  12. HTHMAN

Boxer vs Straight vs V-configuration engines.

I never really thought much about this until I bought my Subaru Outback. For the purists, it is not a true Boxer engine as it is 178 vs 180 degrees. What I am wondering is the advantages and disadvantages of the different engine configurations. Smoothness, reliability, output etc.
  13. HTHMAN

1929 Chevy performance video

I got a kick out of "faster than you want to go". Yep, in that for sure. https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/video-testing-the-1929-chevrolet-at-the-gm-proving-ground/?fbclid=IwAR2OJXfpFWR-dlH5yedjrVRF5y_TEH666lCmJOXjlVdh2gjGrcZ03LA5ooE
  14. HTHMAN

EV record for the Cannonball Run

New EV Cannonball record https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a38095522/ev-cannonball-record-tesla-model-s/?utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=socialflowR%26T&fbclid=IwAR08YQoAku6YvbmNvI9MGr6mksIGhuJ_m5oghuqQovEnwmvxATIzo9bMXwU Great. but about 15 hours slower than the ICE...
  15. HTHMAN

Excessive app notifications

Seems like I am constantly getting some type of notification on my phone. Sometimes I get a beep and can not figure out what for. Earlier today I downloaded the new Fox Weather app. A few minutes ago I got a notification that the wind was making a whistling sound through the golden gate...
  16. HTHMAN

Why is everything so dark?

Maybe not the exact forum for this, but an irritating fact. Feel free to move if not the proper place. In watching newer movies and series, almost everything is shot at night or indoors with virtually no lighting. If you have any light reflecting on the screen, the scene gets washed out. Is...
  17. HTHMAN

Why would they do that?

I just saw a commercial for a fast food restaurant. I will not mention the company or the endorser to avoid being political, but suffice it to say it was a polarizing individual. My question is-why would any company pay a person tons of money to endorse a product when that person may offend up...
  18. HTHMAN

Fuse location on Kenwood KR-4600

All the lights went dark on my KR-4600 but everything else seems to function perfectly. Does anyone know where the fuse for the panel lights might be located. I assume fuse as I replaced all bulbs a few years ago.
  19. HTHMAN

Gas Grills.. What have you got?

I used to buy a cheap gas grill and replaced it every couple years because of lack of parts or just deterioration. 20 years ago I bought a Weber Genesis silver B. Expensive but good quality. Put in a few parts over the years and could have kept this one going for many more years. Got the...
  20. HTHMAN

How many Amazon orders in 2020

We all relied on internet shopping a lot more last year due to Covid restrictions. I just looked at my Amazon orders from 2020 and had placed 45 orders. So far this year, only 12 and a couple of them were warranty exchanges. A little slower pace, so I must be getting out. How about you?
  21. HTHMAN

Electric vehicle owners, let's talk.

I do not want to get into the debate over the environment etc. but rather the practicality and cost of driving one. Just for sake of comparison, assume gas is $2.50/gal and you get 30mpg on your gas powered vehicle. That is 8.3 cents per mile. Add in an oil change every 5000 or so and that...
  22. HTHMAN

What is your favorite type of programming?

To clarify. An anthology would be a different episode each time without a continuing story line (eg, 911). A serial anthology would be a season long story over maybe a dozen episodes (eg, American Crime Story). A continuing series would be a continuing story spanning multiple seasons with...
  23. HTHMAN

Worst book to film adaptation

Lots of movies are based on best selling books. Some good, some bad. Lets talk about the less than stellar attempts. I will start out with "The Relic" based on the Preston and Childs novel of the same name. It is the first book in the series featuring special FBI agent Pendergast...
  24. HTHMAN

What I learned to drive on and performance

Back in high school I learned to drive on a 1950 Dodge Coronet. Just looked up the performance stats. Pretty amazing 0-60 in just 23.9 seconds. Can any of you top that? https://www.automobile-catalog.com/performance/1950/588860/dodge_coronet_4-door_sedan_fluid-drive.html
Back
Top Bottom