Search results

1. LAB3

HIGHFi.ED WTF

Case closed in your favor We reviewed the case you filed on May 23, 2021 and have decided in your favor. We've issued a refund of $325.00 USD to you. It may take up to 5 days for this refund to be reflected on your PayPal account or bank. If you paid using a credit or debit card, the money...
  2. LAB3

HIGHFi.ED WTF

WOO HOO I filed a case with PayPal figured nothing to lose I used F/F but I used my PayPal Credit line. PayPal looked into my case I received a $325.00 refund today. Shame Ed for what ever reason had to steal for several of us here.
  3. LAB3

HIGHFi.ED WTF

Ed has ignored all emails and PM here and he has been on this site. Shame he has to resort to stealing for several members here. I offered to take small monthly payments, he might have lost his job. No reply from his home email or PM here.
  4. LAB3

HIGHFi.ED WTF

WARNING I have contacted Ed several times no reply. Sent him $325.00 April 13 for 2M Black stylus he asked to send the funds F/F HUGE MISTAKE I just learned the hard way. No refunds with F/F. Shame he had great prices on most carts and stylus. I have purchased many items from him in the past...
  5. LAB3

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

You can get it with any of the different stylus. I was pointing out the STY40 is awesome vs STY10. I did not see the full cart specs on the Reloop Black vs the specs on the 40th with Blue cart. https://www.ortofon.com/ortofon-2m-blue-p-333 my 40th Anniversary has the Blue still looking for...
  6. LAB3

I sure like the 40th Anniversary STY 40 Fritz Gyger cut for Ortofon with 2 M Blue cart/engine. I like it great soundstage with the STY40 stylus. The Reloop Black Spherical-shaped stylus is tailor-made for scratch DJs without the STY 40 F.G. stylus it will never have the detail of the 40th...
  7. LAB3

Post up after you set it all up. I was going to purchase a mint SL1200MK5 from Japan last year and I read about noise issues with converters.
  8. LAB3

Yamaha a1000 1985

Old thread redstarjedi ....No never had it repaired stored it in closet. I was looking for another tech after being ripped off from Ft Worth Audio on my Hafler P-3000 MOSFET amp. Finally went back to a tube amp and NAD pre/amp for analog TT and R2R .
  9. LAB3

Problem with Klipsch K77 tweeters

I purchased most of her CD used on flebay I liked them so much I am collecting the 180 gram 45 RPM LPs now one every month. I know $50.00 is expensive for LP for my budget but these are mastered from the original tapes the soundstage is great.. Louis
  10. LAB3

Diana Krall "Love Scenes" has killer stand up bass and piano I have several of her LPs from Acoustic Sounds https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/101790/Diana_Krall-Love_Scenes-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record Louis
  11. LAB3

I replaced the original Alnico T35 tweeters in my 1979 Cornwalls after one fried, bad caps in networks after 30 years. I have tried CT 120 with new Crites Type B networks liked it better then the Alinco. I used them for several years but still not right to me. Then purchased CT 125 (both...
  12. LAB3

Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

After Covid is over I will make a tape but I won't run it or schedule the mailing list and keep track of who has who's tape. Skylab you and Catcher 10 and several others had great sounding recordings. Wish my friend /member Mike Khul would come back and run the next round...hint...
  13. LAB3

Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

I have been in the tape swap several times, some went fine others were delayed from some members NOT mailing every two weeks. Someone kept one my 7" tapes so don't use a new 7" tape. We always used 7" 1/4 track 7.5 ISP. I am waiting for this virus to end USPS Media Mail is not reliable right...
  14. LAB3

List your Klipsch speakers

I have read a lot of great reviews about the Tannoy XT series, never listen to any of them yet. The must be good or you would not have purchased them. What do you use to power them? . If you make subs out of the KLF cabinets keep me in mind I am interested in spare horns etc for my KLF 20. I...
  15. LAB3

Hey Moray, I finally went back to tubes after decades. I purchased a 807 SET point to point 7 WPC tube amp made by Blair Chapman. My neighbor with LaScala came over with the ST 70 push pull and one of Blair SET. I liked the SET signature and warmth so much I had Blair make me one. Wife is...
  16. LAB3

I have the 2 M Bronze like it, noticed a 2M Black stylus here in Barter Town HiFiEd sold me a new Black Shibata stylus (Great Deal) , it has more detail then the Bronze. IMHO worth the money on new or NM LPs vs Bronze stylus that has a good soundstage. . Several weeks ago I purchased from KAB...
  17. LAB3

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

Revox A-77 MK IV Dolby Akai 4000 DS Mk II The Revox my dad purchased new in 1978. Several years ago sent it to "Tinman" for a complete restoration ALL the Rifa, Franko, red devil etc caps replaced. Heads resurfaced as marc kept it for several months and played/recorded on it for several weeks...
  18. LAB3

Advice: New Amp for Klipsch Cornwall I Speakers

I am really happy with my 807 SET ($900.00 or so). Google Blaire Chapman he custom made mine. He also makes some really clean sounding tube pre/amps. For jazz, Blues the SET is my go to amp, for loud R&R I use my Adcom GFA555.
  19. LAB3

4 klipsch cornwalls for $400

I have Crites Type B X/O from my 1979 Cornwalls, CT 120 and CT 125 will trade for? PM me if interested.
  20. LAB3

Darn I missed it, someone scored.
  21. LAB3

Yamaha RX-V2400 comes on and shuts off immediately...ugh

Hey John Glad it helped you as sometimes nothings helps but sending it to the factory or its a door stop LOL My 2400 is still running in spare bedroom 3.1 and my RX-V1900 HDMI 7.1 from 2009 still works in den, keep waiting for it to die so swing a ATMOS 9.1 by the wife. :) Non use for some...
  22. LAB3

Dynamat on plastic horns....

Thanks I keep putting it off, I have hurt my back and waiting for the virus stay at home to be over with need help moving them.. I purchased a Blair Underwood 807 SET tube amp last month ... WOW.... should have done this decades ago. Mids are smooth, no tone controls as I changed from my...
  23. LAB3

Klipsch Cornwall I in search of advice

I have tried a lot of different SS amps with my one owner 1979 Cornwalls and a few months ago a friend loaned me his ALK Universal networks and his K77M tweeters from his LaScala. My Adcom GFA 555 has never had smoother less harsh mids with tone control off, ALK networks are worth the extra...
  24. LAB3

never listen to a Tannoy no mid horn etc. Been hooked on Klipsch heritage from my teens in the 1960's. Dad had Khorns growing up, older Brother LaScala . Pop loaned me the $945.00 in 1979 to purchase my Cornwalls (unfinished). I swapped out the CT125 and tried CT 120 from Crites and ended up...
  25. LAB3

WHAT???? You sold all your Klipsch that surprised me after so many years with different Klipsch. I finally caved and went back to tubes for my Cornwalls.
Back
Top Bottom