Search results

1. LAB3

HIGHFi.ED WTF

WARNING I have contacted Ed several times no reply. Sent him $325.00 April 13 for 2M Black stylus he asked to send the funds F/F HUGE MISTAKE I just learned the hard way. No refunds with F/F. Shame he had great prices on most carts and stylus. I have purchased many items from him in the past...
  2. LAB3

DL 103R Broken Cantilever

I just broke the cantilever GRRRRRR on my Denon DL 103R and I have read some say there is a mod and better cantilevers for it. Suggestions or send it to Denon or just replace with new one. I like this conical stylus for my not so great LP.
  3. LAB3

Looking for NAD FM Turner

I purchased a mint 2007 NAD C162 pre/amp and C272 amp and I am looking for the matching NAD FM turner from 2007 or so........ or any NAD that has a wide band with and matches my C162/C272 in color. . From what I have reading I THINK the 4155 was the matching turner for this combo back then...
  4. LAB3

Realistic LAB-290 Help

I am looking for a service manual and owners manual. Vinylengine did not have anything for the LAB-290. Thanks Louis
  5. LAB3

Miles Davis CD Kind Of Blue with distortion

I just purchased a new CD that was newly mixed & 20 bit remastered in 1997 Columbia CK 64935 that has distortion/buzzing sound at the end of a hard hit on the horns in the 1st song "So What" :scratch2: The reviews on this copy were great yet mine has this problem. I thought I had a diaphragm...
  6. LAB3

Hafler MOSFET Amp Needs Repair Need a Advice

I purchased a NOS (sealed) Hafler P3000 MOSFET amp that had never been used still sealed from 1999 and it played great for a week and and now one side/channel gets really HOT and a loud HUM. I have fans and used it gently for several days when I first opened the box and I really have not pushed...
  7. LAB3

Hafler DH-330

I am looking for any info on the Hafler DH-330 FM turner as I want to have it re-capped. I purchased a nice looking one with rack ears and no antenna SWAG to complete my Hafler rack I am building. I have not listened to FM for home use in years and this turner sounds OK but I am use to SIRIUS HD...
  8. LAB3

1983 A-1000 Integrated and a Denon DL103R

Will my adjustable MM/MC phono section on my A-1000 match up with a Denon DL103R MC cart? I had a different receiver/phono section with the ATOC9ML/II cart that I used a Denon AU-300LC -OFC step up transformer. http://www.needledoctor.com/Denon-DL-103R-Cartridge Thanks Louis
  9. LAB3

Anyone here repair a 1983 Yamaha A-1000 Integrated

In Aug. I purchased on Ebay ($135.00) a re-capped 1983 Yamaha A-1000 Class A,AB and to my surprise I love the sound and adjustable MM/MC phono section. A few weeks ago the MC side of the phono section quit working but the MM side works great as does the amp. So changed back to my old Pickering...
  10. LAB3

AT OC9ML/II Question

My AT-OC9ML/II is in need of a new Micro Line stylus after looking at it with a 100X loop. I cleaned it and did a needle drop and it sounds like crap now and one channel is gone and the other is raspy and faint. Glad it was not a expensive LP. Installed my old Pickering XUV D4500Q and all is...
  11. LAB3

CJ CATe for speaker wires??

My Son In Law has had his new home wired with CJ CAT5e for his HT system and for connecting his PC to his flat screen etc. I thought this was just ethernet network cables for a PC etc..:scratch2: I advised him to use good quality multi strand cooper 12AWG from Monoprice etc. I Googled CJ CAT5e...
  12. LAB3

Cornwalls and Class "A" AB amp

In the last 34 years I have had tubes and many different SS Receivers on my Cornwalls but this week I purchased a refurbished Yamaha A-1000 Integrated Amp with a cool adjustable MM/MC phono stage. I was looking for a Yamaha pre/amp with the MM/MC but I ran across this amp that was just...
  13. LAB3

Yamaha A1000 Integrated Amp

I just purchased a A1000 Natural Sound integrated amp, pre/amp that has been re-caped and serviced. I needed the MC phono section and noticed it is adjustable as I now have a AT-OC9ML/II MC cart. It is a 1983 model and I have been looking for info for the matching turner and a matching CD...
  14. LAB3

HT Amp for AVR

I have a Yamaha RX-V1900 HD AVR that I want to use a Pre/Pro and add a seperate HT amp. I was looking at a Emotiva XPA5 or one like it rated at 200X5. I was reading in my AVR owners manual and the Pre Out is rated at 1.0V/1.2kohm. I read a thread (different forum) that the XPA5 needs more...
  15. LAB3

MC Cart for Pioneer PL-518X

I have always wanted to try a MC cart. I have a Kenwood Receiver KR-V127R ( guest bedroom system)I purchased new 1988 and it has a MM/MC function. In the owners manual it only states that the MC section is 0.3mV/100 Ohmn and MM 3.0mV/47 Ohmn. On a different thread I was advised my Pioneer...
  16. LAB3

Another JICO Stanton 681 Question

I purchased a Stanton 681 cart, this is all that is written on it. I was told it was a eary model of this line and it was a M.I. not a M.M. like my Pickering XUV. My question is will JICO's new D6800 EEE-S/YATAGAUSU Quad/Shibata work with this older 681??? I was also suprised to see a...
  17. LAB3

Cornwalls and Crites CT-125 Tweeters

Friday we installed a pair of slightly used Crites CT-125 tweeters (Thanks to Moray James) and after several days now I am really impressed with them. Last year I purchased new cross overs on new boards from Bob Crites and my Cornwalls sounded like the day we purchased them new so many years...
  18. LAB3

Cries55.... Great Lp's

:thmbsp: Chuck is Honest and great to deal with. Repeat customer purchased Lp's from him again. Louis
  19. LAB3

RCA Cables Pioneer TT

I moved my PL-518X to the den and I need longer (15 feet) RCA cables. Can I just use a longer male/female RCA cable and add a longer ground wire without any ground loop or feed back problems?? I had the PL-518X hooked up direct to my Kenwood receiver and it was quiet. Will see how the Yamaha...
  20. LAB3

Intel QX3 USB Microscope

Has anyone here used one of these to check your diamond stylus tips with? I see them for cheep on that auction site. I sold my Shure SEK-2 last year here on Barter Town and now I wish I would have kept it as I got Pop's TT and cart to work and it finally sounds really Good. :music: I was going...
  21. LAB3

Kenwood Cassette service questions

I have a 1989/90 or so Kenwood Dual Cassette recorder/player KX-97CW I purchased it new back then and it has set in my closet for 15 years. It was working perfect when I unplugged it so many years ago. I have a can of air for the PC to blow it out and I can clean the heads but what about the...
  22. LAB3

Cornwall Code Question

I am looking at a pair of Cornwalls all the seller has is the #s stamped on the back of top board. 6N070 and 6N071 I looked on the sticky Duh.... Help? What year and finsh? Louis
  23. LAB3

BR Disc problem

I purchased a Bluray movie The Bank Job months ago and played just fine on my Bluray player. My Samsung player is WiFi and has updated it's firmware several times so it has the latest firmware and now the disc will not play on it or in the bedroom. I have a 1st generation Sony that has never...
  24. LAB3

Need Indoor HD TV Antenna

Looking for a good indoor HD TV antenna. I see many different brands etc. I thought I woud ask who has a good one before I just guess and purchase one. Thanks Louis
  25. LAB3

Shure SEK-2 Microscope

My SEK-2 arrived today :banana: what a deal for $130.00. Everything works, the books, cover and light kit was with it.:D It took me about 30 minutes to learn how to use it. I am lucky that I found one much less it is complete. I know my desk is a mess, I was working on the Grand Son's 1/64...
Back
Top Bottom