Search results

1. klosterman

Tannoy Cheviot underwhelming?

FWIW I bought the 'new improved' Cheviot a few months ago. The re-release. Curious if you've heard those? I'm digging mine beaucoup. They're smooth & easy on the ears. No sharpness. Vocals float into the room. They're not pounders but everything sounds proper.
  2. klosterman

Change Your Password NOW!!!

I've been using Roboform for years, rock solid password manager, generates long random pw's, 1 click logins, check it out.
  3. klosterman

Fyne Audio F502SP - an early Review

@Hyfi I hear you there. My plain jane 501 have so much bass, the eyes don't believe the ears. And my last speakers were giant PMC EB1i, which were earthquake machines. Sold those a few months ago to downsize. If you ever wanna chat, lmk...I dig big meaty sound.
  4. klosterman

Fyne Audio F502SP - an early Review

So here's my funny story: I'm a Tannoy nut and just 2 months ago bought a new pair of Cheviot. Saw a youtube review of the 501 (2 channel listening) and the reviewer is in Idaho near me. He was selling the Fyne and he let me home addition. Quickly realized I was gonna keep them. These little...
  5. klosterman

Calling all chemists, will Jet-Dry hurt vinyl?

Last nite I used a mix of distilled water, a few drops tergiclean, several drops jet rinse aid. Records came out immaculate. No streaks, no scrim. Playing them all day today. Louder & more vivid. Better than vinylclean isop mix, better than chisto easy groove, better than tergiclean solo. All...
  6. klosterman

What TT's do you folks have

Schitt Sol Denon DJ VL12
  7. klosterman

Seeking large object shipping advice!

@NumbDiver did you send the Foci to Japan? - Scott (in Idaho)
  8. klosterman

Boise, Idaho

I'm not able to make it today, wish I could. Have a hoot!
  9. klosterman

Boise, Idaho

Any other Boise area folks here on AK?
  10. klosterman

What was the last movie you watched?

Batkid Begins.
  11. klosterman

What Famous Album Don't You "Get"

Check out Goat's Heads Soup. Underrated and strong throughout.
  12. klosterman

What Famous Album Don't You "Get"

Just listened to Kamasi Washington's The Epic, triple CD, twice through, and loathed every minute. I tried at least. Getting lots of ink and I'm a jazz fan, but I found it relentlessly screechy and unfocused. Also a Radiohead fan, but can't stand OK Computer. Go figure.
  13. klosterman

"Live" or Studio

I recently picked up a double live, Tabla Beat Science, Live at Stern Grove. It's insanely good. Recorded in front of 10k in San Fran in '01. I always prefer live with one exception: chowderheads who loudly whistle during the ditty. I despise whistling at shows. Yelling too for that matter...
  14. klosterman

Sony TA A1-ES impressions

I own both the Sony TA-A1ES and HAP-Z1ES for a year now. Thrilled constantly at the pairing. Amazes my visiting friends for that matter. I've said all along: if this was made by anyone but Sony it would be 2x or 3x the price. Putting the amp on Zu will tell you right quick what kind of amp it...
  15. klosterman

Sony TA A1-ES impressions

Awesome idea.
  16. klosterman

Zu Audio Speakers...Not a Discussion!

About 2 months ago bought a pair of used Union, freaked out at the sound (in a good way). About a month later bought my current Druid IV/08 and sold the Union. And snagged an EE MiniMax for the pairing. Now of course I'm thinking Druid V. Someone throw me a life vest! ps owned ~ 10 speaker...
  17. klosterman

Hello from NC

Greets from Winston Salem.
  18. klosterman

Newbie from N.C.

Greets from Winston Salem.
  19. klosterman

Greetings from North Carolina!

Greetings from nearby Winston Salem!
  20. klosterman

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Shirley Horn - You Won't Forget Me
  21. klosterman

BINGO - I Get it! The whole imaging thing!

I'm just glad you finally got yourself some good speakers! :) teasing!
  22. klosterman

Pics of your listening space

Here's my space. Rug is 10 x 13.
  23. klosterman

Infinity IRS Gamma/Legacy Audio Focus HD - part deux: The Trade

I ordered the Khartago. My new pal Jeff D told me about them. So re the woofers, for now I'll keep my Class D Rotel on them, seems to be working fine, no problems, no protection kicking in. Not the best I reckon, but I can live with it. However I think it would be ideal to get another Odyssey...
Back
Top Bottom