Search results

1. hdewees

Why aren't members locations shown as in the past? EOM

The forums used to show locations with the names.
  2. hdewees

RtR electrostatic speaker ID

Does anyone have information on these? I believe they are called RtR 1200DR's - I love these speakers-. Pre BIC RtR's are very good - I had some 280 DR's that were impressive but these are even better. Matched walnut.
  3. hdewees

What is your favorite steak and USDA grade and how do you cook it?

Mine is ribeye but I just got some USDA Prime New York strips that were very good and $9.99/lb. Medium rare.
  4. hdewees

My Best CD to test speakers -

Diana Krall - Live in Paris Now I love the Rolling Stones but this is the ultimate test for your speakers IMO - Vocals, piano, cymbals, bass, etc It is a great CD for everything. Just my opinion.
  5. hdewees

IE - cannot connect to ebay

I can get to the site then it says IE does not respond - I have deleted cookies, run malware, etc. Yet I can access every other sites. Windows 7 - Del computer
  6. hdewees

Best battery for F-150 in cold weather?

I've heard the Way-mart Maxx batteries are good - What do you think?
  7. hdewees

Sharknado

Ok, someone else has to have seen this series - I discovered them on my vacation while channel cruising. It is the dumbest movies I have ever seen yet I was strangely attracted to it. It is too weird. Then I watched Pulp Fiction which I think is a great movie.
  8. hdewees

Raccoon up to 23 stories climbing building

He has been climbing, taking breaks, and is up to 23 stories on the outside of a building in St. Paul, MN - https://patch.com/minnesota/mendotaheights/s/gg001/raccoon-scales-saint-paul-skyscraper-becomes-social-media-star
  9. hdewees

A Glass of Red - a little Friday humor and fun -

You will laugh like crazy and the last 3 minutes is incredible - best with sound.   https://biggeekdad.com/2012/02/a-glass-of-red/
  10. hdewees

Microsoft phone scam

It is so funny when these people call and say I have a problem with my Microsoft computer. The first time I said I didn't have a computer and they hung up. Then, I thought that this could be fun. So the next time they called I told him I have to turn on my computer and it would take 3-4...
  11. hdewees

Drones with HD camera ?

I am looking at drones on Amazon with HD cameras for under $150 - I want one with a SD card so I don't have to deal with wireless HD transmission. Can you give me some direction to go to get something like this? Thanks in advance!
  12. hdewees

My first pork shoulder roast

First of all - sorry, no pictures - it's all eaten. I have never made a pork shoulder roast. I saw a recipe and decided to try it and it turned out so awesome I thought I would share it with you - Soooo - went to the market and got a 4 lb pork shoulder roast. Heat oven to 450 F. In a...
  13. hdewees

Marantz 2230b - $1500

What color is the sky in this persons world? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-Model-2230B-Model-CDR631-U-wbr-1B-Model-5050M-/201364217523?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276 I have a 2230b with walnut cabinet I would sell for this in a heartbeat. And in one picture it appears the buttons are bent...
  14. hdewees

Easter Brunch

For years I used to make Easter brunch for 15-20 people and this year I told my wife that I was going to take a break and that we were going to a Easter Brunch at a restaurant. She was a little reserved about the price, but agreed. Now, I have traveled a bit (I have over 500,000 banked frequent...
  15. hdewees

Concrete Driveway Replacement?

I would like to have my concrete driveway replaced and if any of you have experience with this I would appreciate any advice you have. I know there is a lot of info on the internet but sometimes it contradicts each other. PSI for the concrete in cold climates? I have heard 4k psi and 5k...
  16. hdewees

Focal Chorus 836V ?

Does anyone have experience with these speakers and what do you think of them?
  17. hdewees

National Research Council of Canada

For those of you who like the sound of Canadian made speakers, e.g. Paradigm, Axiom, etc. you may find this interesting -- http://www.axiomaudio.com/NRC
  18. hdewees

Wanna clean your shower stall easy?

This works great - To get rid of soap scum in your shower and on your shower doors, and come out smelling like a salad - Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, spray the walls and glass door liberally, let it sit for a few minutes, then go in and brush/wash it down. Then rinse (you...
  19. hdewees

Good American Flag ?

I am looking to replace my 3x5 outdoor American flag. What is a tough, reliable flag for extreme outdoor conditions? Nylon or polyester?
  20. hdewees

Dumb motorcyclist killed in Minneapolis

I cannot believe this dumba_s thought he could ride a motorcycle in the winter in Minnesota - between the ice, sand, and salt he gets killed because of a pothole - He was from New York. http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/249682451.html
  21. hdewees

My windshield washer fluid froze!

So now I put some alcohol in the reservoir and am hoping it will thaw it and that the tank does not crack. If you live in the cold North be careful that you do not put summer washer fluid in your windshield washer tank. It's Minnesota -what the h_ll is summer washer fluid? We have 9 months of...
  22. hdewees

Minnesota Cold

Alright! It's only -5 F now. This morning we had -25 F wind chill temps. It should be a heat wave tomorrow - in the teens. Break out the shorts!
  23. hdewees

Great soap scum cleaner for your shower -

So I put vinegar in a spray bottle and sprayed my tiled shower and waited 5 minutes. Then I took laundry detergent in hot water with a scrub pad and it just melted away. It cleaned my glass shower doors and tile very well. Just saying, vinegar dissolves soap and the laundry detergent cleans...
  24. hdewees

Delco car radios -

I thought it was cool to find out where the name Delco comes from - like in Delco car radios and electronics - they merged and became AC Delco. “Delco” stands for “Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company”. From Dayton, Ohio.
  25. hdewees

Focal 936 v vs Focal 918?

Does anyone have experience with either of these and what the difference in how they sound? I have always been intrigued by them, but have never heard them.
Back
Top Bottom