Search results

1. H

SA 9500II lights?

Is the SA 9500II supposed to have a backlite volume control knob or is the only light the one on the on/off switch? If it does the light on mine has never worked and it was in for service recently so I assume they would have fixed it.
  2. H

Repair service in South Eastern Connecticut

I neeed to get my Pioneer SA 9500II amp repaired ( protection relay stuck) and Tx 7800 tuner aligned. Antyone with experience around here. Hanick Stonington CT
  3. H

Mission 707 Driver replacement

Follow up info on the 707 replacement driver This is the recommended replacement but very expensive to ship here. http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/p/V-1056-WS20E/WS+20+E+-+8+Ohm This link takes you to the data sheet for the WS20E, which Wilmslow refers to as SPW205...
  4. H

Advent A1103 Book Shelf Speakers

Available nearby and I amlooking for a bookshelf for my 13yr old daughter. Can't find much at all on the web or here. Any thoughts on price or value? Would be matched up with a Keenwood KR -720 receiver: 40 watts per channel playing CD and Ipod in her 10 x 10 bedroom. Thanks H
  5. H

What kind of connector is this?????

Thank you all!
  6. H

One bump please!
  7. H

My 15 year old son blew one of the drivers on his Mission 707s. I have sucessfully refoamed bigger woofers in the past, but these were refoamed successfully last September so I think it is a voice coil. I have spent hours researching my options. Mission no longer sells replacements. The...
  8. H

What kind of connector is this?????

On a technics tuner ST-G6T I have a fm antenna connector that is unlike anything I have seen. Not sure what I get to connect to it. Everyone thinks I'm crazy bot it does not accept the typical slide on with the coax wire down the center. Help appreciated. H
  9. H

How many Vintage Watts do I need????

Thank you. Let me ask the question another way. Can you get by with fewer watts from a Marantz than a newer amp like a Optimus- because the Marantz or any quality amp from the 70s, is underrated, uses an older more honest measure or is just better. See what I am driving at? H
  10. H

How many Vintage Watts do I need????

I am interested in getting a 1979s vintage receiver from my youth, Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha ect. Everyone seems to say they sound good even at the lower watts. What the minimum wattage iIneed to push the following with a Niles SVC-6 speakor selector? My 100 watt Optimus STAV-3000 seems to do a...
  11. H

Adding a pair - Optimus STAV 3000 - Advent Maestro - Bose 301 IV

Would this series/parallel combination work for me? Maybe I should just get the Sonos system$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  12. H

One problem I should have mentioned. My floor is a cement slab. To run the new speaker on the long run I will have to go outside of the house and back in. That is why a parrallel or series approach is interesting. Do they make amps for three sets of speakers? D I need three separate amps? H
  13. H

The bose are in the kitchen (my wife likes the tunes in there), my living room is long and narrow 30' x 12' with seating in the corners - there is always a speaker in your ear- I thought I would get fuller sound with four Maestros and I happen to have the extra pair. H
  14. H

What other choices do I have? Can I add another preamp. Is there a different brand amp (vintage) I should consider? H
  15. H

Help! How do I Wire a second pair of Maestros? I have exausted my research skills. How do I add/wire a second pair of Advent Maestro speakers in my living room for a total of six speakers (3pair)? I have one pair of Advents in the living room on channel A and a pair of Bose in the kitchen on...
  16. H

Any help wpould be apprecaited. H
  17. H

Help! How do I Wire a second pair of Maestros? I have exausted my research skills. How do I add/wire a second pair of Advent Maestro speakers in my living room for a total of six speakers (3pair)? I have one pair of Advents in the living room on channel A and a pair of Bose in the kitchen on...
Back
Top Bottom