Search results

1. jandajr

Advent 300/12 Muting Switch Issue

OK, you can call me an idiot. After reading your questions on my issue, I downloaded the 300s owners manual (which I should have done before I started this project). I interpreted the muting switch as being Audio Muting, not FM Muting as stated in the manual. The owners manual makes no mention...
  2. jandajr

Advent 300/12 Muting Switch Issue

I just completed rebuilding a Advent 300/12 receiver Receiver sounds great. The only issue that I’m not able to resolve is the Non working Muting Switch. Every component in the Muting Circuit has been pulled and tested. PCB has been re-flowed. The Q800, Q801 and Q802 also tested fine. I have...
  3. jandajr

B&O Beomaster 4000 Rebuild Question

Thank you for your help.
  4. jandajr

B&O Beomaster 4000 Rebuild Question

Purchased a Beomaster 4000 Type 2408 from Shop Goodwill recently. Nice cosmetic condition, but no volume on Left Channel and Very low distorted volume on Right Channel. Someone tried to due a Re-Cap. Mostly cheap Chinese caps. I found the output transistors to be bad on the right channel. I...
  5. jandajr

Harman Kardon Citation 12 Rebuild Question

Work completed: Re-stuffed the filter capacitors Replaced all the Electrolytic Capacitors Replaced the Differential Amplifier Transistors Checked all remaining Transistors, Diodes, and Resistors Set idle current /.010V Checked the Speaker(s) output voltage at start up with no...
  6. jandajr

C-60 Fading Channel

The culprits are the Phono and AUX. Going to go after them again with the D5. Thanks Everyone.
  7. jandajr

C-60 Fading Channel

I've been working on this C-60 on and off for the last six months. Removed the corrosive adhesive around the transistors with the heat sinks. I also replaced the two resistors in front of the transistors that had been damaged by the corrosion. Reflowed all the jacks at the pcbs, and more. And...
  8. jandajr

Model ElevenGX phono function issue

I recently traded a Pioneer SX-650 and a pair of speakers for an unmolested, non-working Model Eleven GX. The power supply and left and main amp needed some work. After completing that work I tested the FM and AUX and they sounded good. Finding no issues (so I thought) I re-capped all of the...
  9. jandajr

Toggle switch cover/knob identification

You are correct sir. Toshiba SA7100, SA750 Thank you for your insight.
  10. jandajr

The photo is of two identical covers/knob. Length: .625" Width at Back: .335" Width at Front: widest side .335", narrowest side .269"
  11. jandajr

Artie, Every Pioneer "Silver Series" had slightly different covers/knobs, on the receivers, and some amplifiers. Definitely not Pioneer.
  12. jandajr

The photo is of two identical covers/knob. Length: .625 Width at Back: .335 Width at Front: widest side .335, narrowest side .269
  13. jandajr

Hopefully someone in the AK can identify what manufacturer used these knobs on their receiver/amplifiers. Definitely not Pioneer. Advanced thanks for your help.
  14. jandajr

model Eleven GX 2SC1913 / 2SA913 replacements

it has the original 2SD555 / 2SB600
  15. jandajr

Zener Diodes for an elevenGX

Working on a eleven GX and looking for equivalents for the zener diodes: WZ-140, WZ-300 Advanced thanks
  16. jandajr

Yamaha KX-W582 Heats up with power switch in the Off position.

That's a first for me. Thanks
  17. jandajr

Yamaha KX-W582 Heats up with power switch in the Off position.

I purchased a KX-W582 several years ago in what looked like unused condition. Never plugged it in until recently when I decided to sell it. Deck work perfectly, so much so that I'm thinking of keeping it. Unfortunately I noticed 2 hours after shutting it down that the top of the deck was warm...
  18. jandajr

model Eleven GX 2SC1913 / 2SA913 replacements

Working on a model Eleven GX that needs a power amp rebuild. Looking at the post(s) for the 2SC1913 / 2SA913 equivalents, everything that comes up are unavailable. Has anyone who needed a pair of 2SC1913 / 2SA913 recently, found a replacement that is available in the US,
  19. jandajr

Harman Kardon ST-7 Ground Fault

What I found out while investigating the problem, is that the ground that travels up into the tone arm carriage actually has two connections. One goes to the springs at the top of the carriage, and one that goes to the tone arm itself. The one that went to the tonearm is the one that was...
  20. jandajr

I did a bit more investigation on the problem. I believe that the ground wire in the Carriage Assembly is faulty. I attached a test lead from the Carriage Assembly, and held the tone arm to get the hum. When I touched the test lead to the arm the hum stopped. I think the easiest way (which...
  21. jandajr

I thought it best to create a new thread on my ST-7 Mechanically everything is working fine, but I was not able to play and LP due to the leads being such a mess. The cable was causing buzz and cut out and low volume. I had a five foot section of Monster Cable with the ground lead, so I...
  22. jandajr

Harman Kardon ST Cartridge Headshell Upgrade?

Has anyone designed/built an upgrade to the ST series Headshell (Cartridge Cover)? In my view, the ST-7 version is the weakest component of a great turntable.
  23. jandajr

Harman Kardon ST-7 Rebuild

Is it possible that this tire on my ST-7 could have survived 47 year? The table tracks perfectly, with very little adjustment. The platter belt is the same color. Measures 22.625 inches and strobes at 33.35.
  24. jandajr

Harman Kardon ST-7 Rebuild

I cleaned all the contact points then tighten the slip on parts. The only one that still acting up is the 45rpm, which I never use. Thanks for the help
Back
Top Bottom